#1 Covert

Covert

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Car:LH

Posted 11 November 2022 - 12:42 AM

Hello fellas, has anyone fitted one of these universal kits and if so were there any dramas? 

I'm contemplating it for 9inch in my LH as quite a bit cheaper than hoppers and wilwoods. 

Cheers

https://www.speedway...per-,35268.html

Attached File  brakekit.jpg   96.14K   4 downloads

#2 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:(s) not as many as I'd like but more than I've got space for!

Posted 11 November 2022 - 10:21 AM

When I first saw the thread title I was thinking "E-Brake" meant Electronic Handbrake but I couldn't see how that worked. That would be a popular item if it were!

But now I realise it's Americanese for Emergency Brake.

Looks like a fairly universal kit, it certainly has enough shims and holes in everything!

If you do import the kit, make sure you also buy at least one spare set of disc pads, who knows whether they'll be available in a few years time?

#3 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 11 November 2022 - 04:41 PM

On a Ford 9 inch couldn't you use rear discs from an EB ED Falcon range? I put them on a 8 1/2 diff out of a F150.

#4 Covert

Covert

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Car:LH

Posted 12 November 2022 - 01:39 PM

When I first saw the thread title I was thinking "E-Brake" meant Electronic Handbrake but I couldn't see how that worked. That would be a popular item if it were!

But now I realise it's Americanese for Emergency Brake.

Looks like a fairly universal kit, it certainly has enough shims and holes in everything!

If you do import the kit, make sure you also buy at least one spare set of disc pads, who knows whether they'll be available in a few years time?

Thanks big fella, good idea about the pads, might be hard to source over here.

I'm thinking the fact its universal would probably mean that after a bit of mucking around it would probably fit, its just I'm a bit reluctant to be a Guinea pig. I guess with the extra price you pay for hoppers it eliminates any doubt about it fitting and less headaches.

#5 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:(s) not as many as I'd like but more than I've got space for!

Posted 12 November 2022 - 02:06 PM

Just remember, that price is in American dollars, so that's about $650 Aussie (at the moment), plus freight won't be cheap being such a heavy item.

Plus they may charge Paypal fees if you use that, then you'll pay 10% GST on top of the total (including shipping), then you pay 5% on top of that again in currency conversion fees.

After all that, you'll probably wait six weeks or more for it to get here as they probably won't send it by air.

I'd be adding all that up before you dismiss one of the local options. Plus you'd have zero chance of getting any after-sales service.

Edited by Bigfella237, 12 November 2022 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users