Weight of bare LH - UC shell

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:57 PM

Do they even make scales that go up to about 250kg? C

ommon, with our fright companys we just make a guess, a wrx rear cut is about ..kg cant remember and they were happy with that. Are they going to weigh it after you send it just to make sure you were telling the truth? Then spank you cause u told a fib?

A1

#27 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:57 PM

I'm always on the lookout for a spanking!

#28 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:18 PM

Well ????????!!!????????

Did you weigh it or not?

#29 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

I used a method prone to error. So how close it really is to 348 KG, I'll probably never know.

#30 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:10 AM

That's a heavy shell man.

Well, when I had a completely stripped shell in my garage a year ago, from a LX sedan that was written off and I was gonna cut up the shell. It was hot and I was tired, yet I grabbed one side of the shell and I flipped it onto one side so I could cut underneath with the 9" Grinder, then I flipped it over again and again once more whilst it was still a complete shell.

It was like flipping and moving around a small boat

I didnt weigh it, I should have (after cutting it up), but how much could it have weighed? If it weighed say 200Kg, then lifting one side, considering the leverage involved would be like lifting 100Kg right? I dont think I could lift more than 100Kg over my head. If I'm wrong about this, it wouldn't be by much, maybe +50Kg or so. (Thus maybe shell weighing 250Kg)

Why do you think your method was flawed? What did you do?

#31 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:18 PM

I had a bare LH shell which I sent to scrap. 4ppl comfitably walked it out of the garage up the driveway and onto the lawn. for the truck to come.

My torrie currently is completly bare expect for the diff. I can lift the front up and wheel it around the garage. The only effort is turning due to having a spool.

I'd say ~350kgs sounds a bit heavy.

#32 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

With the bare shell on 4 jack stands, I can easily lift one end of it without struggling. Incidentally, the front half is lighter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users