Photo
- - - - -

Adam’s LJ restomod

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:16 PM

Really??..... I thought our rules and regulations were pretty strict here. Yes you can but a supercharged 426 Hemi in a LC if you want, and drive it on the road legally ... but there are still lots of hoops to jump through.

Wow they sure must be fairly large hoops as not much chance in NSW, unless you don’t need either of your kidneys that is..

Lots of cars down here lost their rego even with engineer certificates as inspectors got scared to pass anything modified in case vehicle got defected their license gets suspended or taken off them if audited if it happens 2nd or 3rd time.

Apparently started with easy defects at RBT stations like 4wd's on oversized tyres & cars with dark tints then progressed to social media,car shows,magazines etc where they went after heavily modified crowd getting number plates contacting owners to have their cars gone over with fine tooth comb.

Was posted on Street Machine fb page during Anzac weekend

There used to be a whole lot more “engineers” than there is nowadays as most would pass near anything.. This is the reason why they clamped down wanting to inspect modified vehicles.. They’ve greatly reduced the amount of certified engineering places that can do it and hold them to much stricter compliance rules… Hence the ones that are still licensed want more $$$$’s as it’s their lively hood on the line for everything they certify..

#27 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car:73 LJ S

Posted 06 December 2022 - 05:23 PM

Wow they sure must be fairly large hoops as not much chance in NSW, unless you don’t need either of your kidneys that is..

There used to be a whole lot more “engineers” than there is nowadays as most would pass near anything.. This is the reason why they clamped down wanting to inspect modified vehicles.. They’ve greatly reduced the amount of certified engineering places that can do it and hold them to much stricter compliance rules… Hence the ones that are still licensed want more $$$$’s as it’s their lively hood on the line for everything they certify..

Yes, I've had my engineer out to the house while the car was in its socks n jocks and sent multiple photos and phone calls to keep him abreast of what I am doing.  He has been easy on some things and tough on others. Its his job, I want his blessing at the end, not to be pulling stuff apart all over again. So far he is happy with everything he is seeing.

#28 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 05:39 PM

So off to the sandblasters just before Easter.  yes, double edged sword sandblasting...it sped me up by weeks getting everything stripped and in epoxy...but epoxy full of sand in some places is just a royal PITA.  I think the worst was inside the boot. It was like sanding sand paper.   Oh, and for any of you who have soft skin (yep - I'm in an office by day)  Supercheap's $2.99 own brand gloves are a finger saver... I think I killed about 50 pairs!  Best thing was finding I could dry AND wet sand in them for hours and hours and still have the dexterity for feeling how panels were shaping up.  The $40 commodore wheels are just for moving the car around - they are the wrong offset.   This isn't the first car I've had experience with sandblasting, so I knew what I was in for getting sand out for weeks.  I have a length of brake line brazed to an air fitting,  it gets everywhere - down chassis rails, inside sills, bends enough to get around corners - and then I use it to blow down the floor, ceiling, garage doors etc.    Attached File  UVVI2424.JPG   422.75K   2 downloads

Here is a better view of the rough house '70's quarter repair,

Attached File  IMG_1359.JPG   259.5K   2 downloads

Attached Files

#29 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 06:05 PM

Home from the sandblasters for a week or so before it was out with the K Frame again, in with the motor, box and chassis kit again and off to the exhaust shop -  the CAE Extractors needed a tweak on the passenger side hitting the floor and the K Frame by about 30mm... could see no reason why they were made that tight as passenger side has mobs of room really.  Drivers side was almost a complete rebuild - even after I messed around with the oxy and squashed the pipes by over 50%, they were nowhere near going to fit.  (these photos were before sandblasting - I knew I had a problem and a timeline and bookings)

At the firewall

Attached File  IMG_1274.JPG   370.73K   3 downloads

Probably could have been 20-30mm closer to the block and would have cleared everything easier.

Attached File  IMG_1280.JPG   395.36K   1 downloads

Passenger side

Attached File  IMG_1284.JPG   347.67K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1285.JPG   295.22K   1 downloads

#30 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 06:15 PM

With the car back home again, I had a couple of weeks off over Easter with the grand intent of finishing the bodywork...ha...  i would go broke doing this for a living - my time estimates are about 100% too light on.

Tops of both doors - with an amazing new mig welder!

Attached File  IMG_1510.JPG   314.5K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1513.JPG   301.13K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1515.JPG   417.36K   3 downloads

Fuel line dimple...going in tank pump so don't need the hole.

Attached File  IMG_1287.JPG   378.18K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1526.JPG   262.24K   3 downloads

#31 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 06:25 PM

Front Windscreen - used a hacked up HT G K rear window rares section...and the 2 x Torana rares plenum sections. I butchered the HT section, but about 4 x pieces its come up pretty good, and its all steel.  I had the windscreen repaired when I was about 18.  The previous owner must have had the screen out too. there was brazing repairs the whole way across.  My repairer only did the passenger side.  Brazing is fine if you can get rid of the flux.  The flux had rotted out next to every weld because the repairers couldn't get into the plenum to treat it.   It was part way through this repair the old welder died and new arrived...hence some really crappy looking tacks.  Dont worry, these sections were fully welded prior to filling, and have since been treated, KBS's, seam sealed (oh what fun that was) and painted.

Attached File  IMG_1528.JPG   368.84K   10 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1530.JPG   363.96K   10 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1540.JPG   270.38K   8 downloads

Attached Files

#32 Maximart2

Maximart2

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name:Martin
  • Car:LC GTR

Posted 07 December 2022 - 05:19 AM

Great job on starting the rust repairs! I feel your pain with sandblasting. When I had a panel shop in Moorabbin in the 1980's we used to pick up the blasted body shells from the sandblaster and then drive around the public roads around Moorabbin Airport at high speed several times watching with glee as sand got blown out the back. No tailgaters! Got rid of most of it but as soon as you start spraying primer you find the rest of it!

#33 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 December 2022 - 10:17 AM

Well done, loving the build. :)

#34 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 11:54 AM

That was partly why I tried both hq & lh torrie eng brackets to see which worked better with all parts especially after trim passenger side outrigger lip & go to small high torque start motor.

Pad on side of block is area we ground 5mm or so off for more steering clearance.

Most extractors seen looked shite value for money & poor design/fitment.

#35 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 03:38 PM

Even after sand blasting I reckon I spent at least 2 days raking out sealant from all over the body, inside, underside, outside...then once it was done, deoxidined it all, wire bushed, masked up,  KBS'd, and then remasked and applied new seam sealed.  

I used an air caulking gun which made life much easier. 

Had about 3 or 4 tubes of sealant that were faulty...coming out like cottage cheese instead of smooth - one tube was hard!  Frustrating on a weekend when you think you'll smash it out and the product is crap.  I had SEM and Soudal fail, so it wasn't just one manufacturer.  Used about 6 or 7 tubes in the end.

I found out why the drivers floor was rusty, when the windscreen didn't leak.  The Torry had a factory built in leak.  The plenum chamber where it joins the A pillar (inside the car, up under the dash) has a factory flaring and is spot welded.  Inside the plenum is some sealant, and then some under the dash. At one point the flare is split allowing for the round shape.  As I was raking out the sealant, my pick disappeared... you'll see in the photo's below, there was no sealant.  So from the day the car left the factory, water was leaking in from the plenum, down behind the kickpanel and into the hessian underlay under the rubber flooring. 

Attached File  IMG_1524.JPG   308.1K   5 downloads

The pick showing the spot not sealed on the drivers side

Attached File  IMG_1601.JPG   350.74K   4 downloads

Passenger side was sealed

Attached File  IMG_1600.JPG   284.29K   3 downloads

masking and KBS

Attached File  IMG_1743.JPG   232.06K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1792.JPG   295.45K   2 downloads

More new sealant

Attached File  IMG_1749.JPG   273.36K   4 downloads

And industrial lacquer to tidy up what will never be seen.

Attached File  IMG_1834 (Medium).JPG   173.06K   2 downloads

#36 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 09:22 AM

Always knew the drivers sill was stuffed.  I had it repaired when I was about 20, the guys who did it, cut and patched it, but couldn't get under the front guard.  It was a cheaper repair done about 1986 so it did its job.  The join at the rear quarter was crap from the 1970's repair, door was about 5mm proud of the body, and the door was straight, undamaged and no rust in the corners. With the tops of the doors failing in the '80's the car got drowned in fishoil which looks like it saved lots of issues.  So i always intended to replace the sill.  After sandblasting, the drivers floor showed about 20 pinholes.  I tried welding a couple, then kicked myself - I'm not intending to do this again so don't half do sh!t.... so out with the floorpan and sill and do it properly.

I was pretty careful pulling the floorpan out as I wanted to ensure it couldn't be seen from underneath.   Advantage with the chassis kit, no chance the door opening was going to move. The new floorpan sits inside the firewall and trans tunnel same as original, and only has a welded joint towards the back near the floor drain plug. Once it was fully welded, sanded, filled and primed was as good as new.  The repair also called for a small patch on the A pillar - another pinhole I welded, then went back and cut out a section, and did properly.  The inner skin of the A pillar was perfect - these cars rust odd at times - I'm guessing moisture (probably condensation from the wet floor) getting around a factory spotweld, where the weld creates the perfect environment for rust.

Floor that looks pretty solid except the inner sill.

Attached File  IMG_1541.JPG   362.45K   5 downloads

All cut out

Attached File  IMG_1542.JPG   419.49K   3 downloads

Inner sill repaired and copper primed.  No, I couldn't be bothered buying a new inner sill - its not an XU1, and unless someone goes to the bother of pulling up carpet and stuff in the future, no one will know. Its all steel and all sealed so should outlast me!

Attached File  IMG_1547.JPG   333.55K   4 downloads

All back together

Attached File  IMG_1551.JPG   353.53K   4 downloads

Gaps are pretty good

Attached File  IMG_1552.JPG   166.47K   2 downloads

#37 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 06:38 PM

I think i was reading one of Marty's posts - bogging n rubbing...rubbing n bogging... yep, did plenty of that.  Here is some.   The fridge magnet is my lie detector - if it doesn't stick then I have more work to do.  I am in awe at some of the metal working skills I see now building cars.  Things no one would have ever thought of doing - removing/reattaching whole roof skins, whole plenums, making whole quarters etc...  I'm not in that league, and would never have the dollars to pay some one to do that for me.  I can do this, and I have produced some nice lasting results in the past so hope this one will be equally as good and long living...

Front guards/gills and lower repairs

Attached File  IMG_1553.JPG   338.34K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1554.JPG   323.44K   2 downloads

Rear quarters after repairing the 1970's repairs.  Weld on dent puller sure beats welding washers to the panels like we did in the 1980's!  I remember my best mates restoration workshop getting one about mid '80's - cost a fortune and was a gamechanger.  Mine was a $200 ebay special and makes getting behind stuff much easier for the less talented panel beater!

Attached File  IMG_1139 - Copy.JPG   21.59K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1555.JPG   248.1K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1556.JPG   266.18K   2 downloads

Sunroof delete Roof repairs ongoing....

Attached File  IMG_1532.JPG   288.93K   2 downloads

And into high fill.   Funny thing, it wasn't until I was looking at some of these photos that I noticed the dent near the headlight!

Attached File  IMG_1558.JPG   300.06K   2 downloads

Attached Files

#38 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 05:59 PM

My engineer wanted bumpstops on the diff.  Jeff's diffs have entirely new bracketry and he doesn't make fittings for the standard Torana bumpstops. So, couple of online universal ones, bit of fiddling, adjusting, drill and tap, and have bumpstops that touch a little before the trailing arms bind.  Yet to make a 10mm spacer in lieu of the nut... its on the to-do list.

Attached File  IMG_1662.JPG   295.46K   3 downloads

Next was onto the underside.  In the second wave of COVID, I bought some steel and copied some plans off here and was ready to make a rotisserie.  That never affected us at work, we were busier than ever, so never ended up making one.  But I bodgied up a little trolly to move the body around on.  I wanted something I could paint the underside ok with, that wouldnt be in the way.  This little trolley bolts up to the gearbox mounts and to the rear trailing arm mounts.   Balance is just about perfect and had no issues with it tipping - even with me climbing around inside.   Front weighs about 20kgs to lift up (my daughter can lift it easily) and the back about 40kgs...

Attached File  IMG_1724.JPG   293K   2 downloads

The trolley made it easier to tidy up underneath, smoothing the welds, tidying up 20 years of underside bumps and scrapes. 

Attached File  IMG_1613.JPG   392.76K   3 downloads

Boot floor finally getting there - that really did suck as a repair area... only thing worse was trying to get a decent finish painting it!

Attached File  IMG_1624.JPG   252.27K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1744.JPG   213.76K   2 downloads

Roof was coming along.

Attached File  IMG_1726.JPG   282.58K   4 downloads

#39 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 04:45 PM

So, the project plan was always 'restomod', so I wanted the interior to be much more modern. The 17year old me in WA summers got sick of sticking to seats and swapped out the originals for late model Gemini seats - velour, reclining, and tilt forward...very flash in the early 80's.   With only 4 weeks notice to pack up a lifetime in WA and move for work to Cairns, lots of stuff 'went'. You guys would cry about the stuff that got flogged or dumped, including the original coupe seats, and a second set, and so much more... we've all been there and done that. So I was a bit stuck with what I had. 

So, new plan, rebuild the Gemini seats to be modern, and I wanted the back seat to be really modern too.  Armed with a tape measure and a friendly wrecking yard happy for me to snoop and measure, I came up with almost exact same measurements from a Hyundai i30 back seat to the Torry.   A word with some hot rodders pointed me to a good local trimmer and we came up with a plan.  I wanted leather, understated, a reddy/brown colour like Mercs/Audis/Euro's style.   I handed it all over and Rod had a play and blended the i30 back with the Torry back, and gave the shell for a test fit.  Great when plans come together, it clipped in same as the original Torana - just as easily.  So then I left it to them  to find hides they could source and start to build the seats.   Next call was to see the seats mocked up with foam and to pick a colour... the foam blew me away, the Gemini seats were now replica's of the i30 back seat. We had about 3 shades to chose from half a dozen suppliers thanks to COVID.  The colour below is a bit too red in the photos - the colour is Whiskey, so a tad more brown/tan.  Stiching is black, not that much stands out.  So that set the theme for the rest of the interior, leather door trims, with black accents, Black hoodlining and carpet and paint inside, recoloured crashpad - but still a while before thats all in.   In the mean time...seats!  

Attached File  IMG_1545.JPG   251.15K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1550.JPG   350.38K   2 downloads

#40 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 14 December 2022 - 05:28 PM

They look awesome!

#41 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 06:27 PM

After much of this...

Attached File  IMG_1622.JPG   407.7K   7 downloads

And as mentioned before, sealing up everything, I applied the fresh stoneguard, masking off the areas for the chassis kit as its already really tight fitting.

Attached File  IMG_1838 (Medium).JPG   130.09K   5 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1839 (Medium).JPG   160.45K   6 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1840 (Medium).JPG   151.19K   5 downloads

And then got some colour on underneath.   I debated body colour, but this thing is being built to be driven so I went traditional Black.  I am not a fan of spraying 2pak at home and to be honest, I'm a much better polisher than painter.  Underneath it is nice.  Engine bay is ok. I have a run or 2 to sort out. And painting inside the boot is just horrible. Didn't matter how much light I had, as soon as I started painting, the black sucked all the light and I was painting by feel.  So boot got rubbed down and painted again because I had a few runs.  Second time - its still not great.  If it p!sses me off enough, I'll block it and have a 3rd go.  I bought a mini gun which I'm yet to have a play with - I'm hoping it might get me a better finish and I will use it on countless little bits and pieces not yet painted.

Attached File  IMG_1099 (Medium).JPG   186.67K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1100 (Medium).JPG   198.3K   4 downloads

Couple of photo's out of sync because I didn't have a specific engine bay/boot photo.

Attached File  IMG_2146 (Medium).JPG   180.67K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2148 (Medium).JPG   160.2K   3 downloads

#42 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 11:36 AM

Looking good, agree painting inside the boot sucks, once the overspray is in there you can't see anything and I painted the boot mandarin red when I did it. 

#43 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 05:14 PM

Looking good, agree painting inside the boot sucks, once the overspray is in there you can't see anything and I painted the boot mandarin red when I did it. 

I have seen an 'add on' light set with a pair of LEDs that sit either side of the aircap on the spraygun - they would probably help a lot .  They cost about as much as a half decent gun!  So it might be a couple of bike LED's gaffa taped to the side of the gun! :lol:

#44 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 05:45 PM

So, I missed my daughters formal... I managed to borrow a friends sons car for the night, and was not disowned.  Grumpy 304, kitted Auto and 1 wheeler diff... as you'd imagine, had tread on 3 tyres!  And it was a saga as it was still on a hoist with no brakes at noon on formal day!  I had a stressed little girl that's for sure.

Attached File  IMG_1775 (Medium).JPG   268.68K   8 downloads

So after being in a week long charity ride raising money for Ronald McDonald House which wiped out much of July and August ( 500kms over 6 days which doesn't sound much, add in 7000vm of climbing temps up to 40degrees, the CREB Track and me being one of the only ones NOT on an e-bike, it was a pretty tough week and I was glad I'd spent some extra time in the saddle). Between 20 of us we raised over $200k. 

Attached File  IMG_1975 (Medium).JPG   381.37K   3 downloads

I was back into it September.  Lots more priming and sanding until I was happy.  About this point I felt like I was finally making some progress.   Guide Coat was starting to tell me I was getting good lines

Attached File  IMG_2131 (Medium).JPG   244.8K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2132 (Medium).JPG   206.46K   3 downloads

And finally colour on the underneath panels - this was a good day... but also a surprise how gutless the Tangerine was!  Took much more to cover than I expected.

Attached File  IMG_1103 (Medium).JPG   185.81K   3 downloads

#45 lctriples

lctriples

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Name:paul
  • Car:LC 2 door, HR prem wagon

Posted 17 December 2022 - 11:45 AM

Hey adam, great effort on the ride, i am more of a roadie, but can appreciate how hard the ride must have been with those "balloon tyres". I take my hat off to anyone who raises money for charity. The torry is looking smick, and it dosn't matter how many LC/LJ's you see, i reckon they are the best looking cars ever made. One day it might even be a wedding car for your daughter.!!!Cheers and all the best: Paul

#46 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 10:28 PM

Hey adam, great effort on the ride, i am more of a roadie, but can appreciate how hard the ride must have been with those "balloon tyres". I take my hat off to anyone who raises money for charity. The torry is looking smick, and it dosn't matter how many LC/LJ's you see, i reckon they are the best looking cars ever made. One day it might even be a wedding car for your daughter.!!!Cheers and all the best: Paul

I set a challenge that if I got over $2k I’d ride the fat bike instead of a normal Mtb…I got to almost $6k… 16 e-bikes  vs 4 “analogue” bikes meant us on pedals were behind the 8ball from the start. They were all limited to 25kmh…but can do that undulating…and into headwinds…I can average 25kmh on the fattie but not for 3-4 hours…. I rode the Simpson Desert Bike Challenge a couple of years ago and raised $6 then too. Thanks Paul for the encouragement…I’m looking forward to a bit of time off over Chrissy to get a few fiddly jobs done…

Edited by 4dabush, 17 December 2022 - 10:29 PM.

#47 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 05:42 PM

So September came and went, blocking, priming and blocking again.  I thought I was going to miss my window as La Nina weather meant we were in for an early wet.  Last summer was feral...starting about October and still horrible in May.  The first weekend in October is a long weekend in QLD... the forecast was looking promising so I busted my butt to get ready to paint. 

The long weekend was perfect early 30's and 50-ish % humidity... about as good as it gets here without a booth.  

My "booth" setup was similar to others, board under the roller door, industrial exhaust fan, long hose to a wet sheet over the end, to some pvc pipes and another wet sheet.  Diagonally opposite in the garage is a sliding door with a block of foam wedged into the frame acting as a filtered inlet (even though a fair gap is above the garage door, it was amazing how much air sucked through the foam). Spent half of Saturday pressure cleaning the inside of the garage, blowing off the whole room, cleaning doors, tracks, roller door and everything to make it as clean as possible for a home booth.

Attached File  IMG_2151 (Medium).JPG   284.17K   2 downloads

And we have colour...

Attached File  IMG_1104 (Medium).JPG   150.63K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1106 (Medium).JPG   203.02K   3 downloads

and outside to cook a bit!   It is amazing how much Tangerine changes colour in different lights.  Sometimes it looks a bit brown, other times quite red... always been a favorite!

Attached File  IMG_2160 (Medium).JPG   338.61K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2161 (Medium).JPG   256.27K   3 downloads

Then it rained....  For the next 2 weeks.... I thought I was stuffed.  Humidity up as high as 90%...most days 70%+...

Then we had a break and I had a chance for a quick colour rub, back in the shed, mask up and clear. 

This is it off the gun. I'm not a great painter, and not experienced enough with 2k, so this is mine all in Dulon Acrylic. 5 good coats of colour, 5 of clear.   Should look alright after a colour rub and a buff.

Attached File  IMG_2219 (Large).JPG   330K   6 downloads

#48 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 20 December 2022 - 07:51 PM

Awesome!!

#49 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2022 - 10:23 AM

Nicely done!

#50 4dabush

4dabush

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 04:29 PM

Well the weather in Cairns this year has sucked…hardly a dry weekend since Christmas and when we have had dry weekend, my yard has been so soaked I can’t get the car out the shed to paint all the little fiddly bits.  Motor was dropped off at Easter for machining and building…not back yet. Been plugging away at lots of little things in the background.   Pulled out the headlight surrounds today to mask up and paint tomorrow while I have satin in the gun (so long as the weather behaves).   Thought you all might get a giggle about how long I’ve been collecting parts…check the date on the newspaper they were wrapped in!!!!   25th May, 1985 🤣

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users