Ducati05

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Name:Peter
  • Car:LH 383 sedan. LC 4 door. 04 CV8 Monaro

Posted 18 December 2022 - 03:21 AM

1. Hi Guys, Need a Brake kit I can fit to a LH with 383 stroker. What have you Guys with v8’s fitted to your cars? Prefer a kit that can be changed out/ added to standard stub axles with the least amount of hassle and time. There seems to be 3 brands, hoppers stoppers, Wilwood and Vari. Also did it make a lot of difference in stopping from the standard discs? 

Cheers

Attached Files

#2 Liam S

Liam S

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Name:Liam Stephenson
  • Car:LX Torana

Posted 18 December 2022 - 05:45 AM

Day and night difference in stopping with modern brakes over standard. Are you only doing front?

Some front hub adaptors, a bracket to mount the new calipers and discs to suit will probably cost you about $1000-1500 depending on how cheap you get get the gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Ducati05

Ducati05

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 09:03 AM

Liam S as The car is in Thailand, I’m in Indo working I will just buy a big brake kit for the front to start with. Either post it over or in check in luggage between the 3 of us on a trip home to Aus. I see a few brands offer a complete kit for the front for 18inch.

#4 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 09:29 AM

Probably go with Hoppers if parts are from common brand cars so they'd be easier to replace.

Supposedly 2 types of willwood calipers still unsure about their durability on regularly driven street car but don't know anyone with them who drives classic more than once a month lol

Do modern brakes make a big difference? Fark yeah!!! But I'd stick to 290mm discs in all my cars from now on for multiple wheel choices.

50290577frontwheelbigbrakes.jpg

custom hubs with 330mm commodore discs,twin piston calipers custom brackets on hq stubs...can only run 18's caliper hits inside anything smaller also had smaller kit but 16's were smallest but offsets were limited so I'd rather smaller next time.

#5 Ducati05

Ducati05

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 12:44 PM

gtrboyy, good point I was worried about that. If I can run smaller discs with the 18’s on it now and in the future if I go back to smaller wheels I’m all good, 290mm? I’ll look at that cheers.

#6 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 04:54 PM

Vt-vz commodores stop decently for heavy tanks 290mm discs that will take 15 inch wheels...torries ew hundred kg's lighter so they'll stop even better.

If anything bci.wheels & a few other places can do custom 15's or bigger in torrie or chev pattern various styles.

As long it's got good calipers etc the larger the disc is more of a heatsink so 290 discs won't be a disadvantage on the street if it gives more wheel options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users