LX shockers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

hi i have a set of 2inch lowered rear springs for my VL and they are giving me the shits, after having a look at them i reckon they would fit on the back of my LX beautifully. i had a look in the king springs catalogue and they are listed as different parts numbers so they are obviously different, but they appear to be the same width so im guessing the only difference would be load rating, but seeing how the commodore is a couple hundred kilo heavier that would make them stiffer when put onto a torana. can any one (namely dattoman) think of any reason why they wouldnt work or has any one actually tryed this and figured out that it cant be done for what ever reason?

cheers adam

#2 _fatA9X_

_fatA9X_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

from memory i think commodore ones are the same width all the way from top to bottom and torana are smaller at top and bottom than in the middle(variable rate).

#3 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:33 AM

fatA9X is correct Torana has a smaller ends to locate them.

#4 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:51 AM

^ not sure on that one... may be correct for standard springs but I have had a few pairs of Kings that are same diameter all the way down.

Edited by GML-31, 06 September 2006 - 06:52 AM.

#5 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:29 AM

The Torana springs are linear rate, most Commodore springs will be progressive/variable rate.

I've never looked at VL rear springs before, sounds interesting. Got any photos you want to post up?

I have run VN/VP IRS rears before (with mods).. but they're quite low and hard when you hit big bumps. I'd be interested to hear about these VL springs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users