Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 28 April 2024 - 09:25 PM

HI all

Has there been any inprovement in what is on offer by the various sellers of Bailey Channel?

I am sure that I have tried them all over the years and have never been satisfied with anything available. In fact, it has been my habit of refitting the decades old pieces of channel rubber out of frustration.

What suppliers have been used in recent times and people of our fraternity have been happy with the result?

Cheers

Bazza

#2 IanC

IanC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Name:Ian
  • Car:LJ XU-1

Posted 04 May 2024 - 08:23 AM

I bought a full LJ coupe rubber kit from rare spares for $600 in 2006. I only got around to using them this year. The door rubbers didn't fit right. The front 1/4 window seals didn't fit right. The rear 1/4 window seals didn't fit (they were way too thick. I couldn't fit the window). But for me the Bailey channel fitted fine. I have never replaced any other Bailey channels so I don't have a lot of experience with them. I hope this helps in some way. I was hoping someone with more experience may have answered your question. Cheers mate

Edited by IanC, 04 May 2024 - 08:24 AM.

#3 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:20 AM

Hi, thanks for your input. I believe the consensus is that Rares have improved somewhat over the years - but everyone has their own expectations.

Bazza

#4 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 05 May 2024 - 04:16 PM

The Rare's bailey channel is too big and makes winding the windows up difficult. You've got to push hard enough that you expect something to break sooner or later. The Better Auto Rubber bailey channel is an improvement over the Rare's one's.

#5 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 05 May 2024 - 07:23 PM

The Rare's bailey channel is too big and makes winding the windows up difficult. You've got to push hard enough that you expect something to break sooner or later. The Better Auto Rubber bailey channel is an improvement over the Rare's one's.

I agree - I broke a roller of the regulator mechanism a few years ago using a Rare Spares. I think the bailey channel providers are intent on selling a generic rather than the item being tailored to a specific car. I even tried one from Clark Rubber - nowhere near correct.

Bazza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users