Photo

A tribute photo/best memory thread to Peter Brock?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

There is so much obvious sadness in the thread covering PBs death, but he is a guy who brought so much happiness to a lot of us. How about a more positive thread to run alongside it, that we can all share our positive memories, and photos of the King of the Mountain - What I'm suggesting is that everyone post a positive memory and/or photo of their memory of the 'King' in this thread, so we can remember the good times.

I know I've posted them in the other thread, but I'll put them up here again to start it off, and hopefully we can share the good times and great memories between us.

Peter and Bev driving our LC in the 2003 Bay to Birdwood - car 1 of 2000 entries.

Posted Image

Both having fun driving up through Chain of Ponds road up to Birdwood.

Posted Image

My wife Mia and I catching an opportunity to have a chat with the Brocks up at Birdwood before the public descended upon him.

Posted Image

A shot of my replica at Bathurst in 1997, the day after Brock's last Bathurst in his retirement from full time racing.
Posted Image

Edited by Dangerous, 08 September 2006 - 08:09 PM.

#2 _jono_

_jono_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

a little somehting for everyone
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:59 PM

One of my memories of Brocky was back in 2001. I was lining up in the cue at Calder park awaiting the gates to open for the Friday night drags. HRT was testing during the day there.

I had my torana all loaded up on the trailer ready to race. Out of the gates comes this silver SS Comodore and it pulls up next to my car. Out of the window I hear a bloke saying "gee thats nice" I look over and see that its Brocky checking out my Torana. Simple acts such as this by the great man brings hightlighs to blokes like me. I was rapt, bragging about it for ages.

#4 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:18 AM

Although he denies it, 79 Bathurst win by far my best memory.

#5 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:41 AM

jono do you mind if i use one of those pics as my sig for a while?

Not as good with photoshop.

I dont have any momorys of Meeting Brocky i was unfotunate to ever get a chance and now i never will..

What I can say is every time i wached him drive a TORANA i got goose bumps and it made me ever so proud to own a TORANA..

Nuthing else come to my mind im still stunned.

John

#6 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:47 AM

Posted Image

#7 _AzzurrA_

_AzzurrA_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

i don't have any photos, but a little story...

I've always looked up to/liked Brockie, from when i was a little guy... used to love watching him belt around the mountain (when i was young it was the Brock Commo's he was driving, unfortunately i missed the Torana days :()

My mother went to a conference for her work last year, and he was there giving a speech about something... afterwards, everyone had the opportunity to speak with him etc. My mother went over and was talking to him, and she was telling him how i race in sprints etc and would really like to race competetively one day...

Peter grabbed a pen, and on the back of her conference pass, wrote out "Jason, Follow your Dreams" and signed it, and asked my mum to give it to me.... that's what sort of guy he was... always willing to go out of his way to speak with his fans etc... i was really touched when she bought this signed pass home...

It actually sits on the shelf here in front of me, as a constant reminder

He will be dearly missed :(

R.I.P. Peter

#8 _Neat LX_

_Neat LX_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:02 AM

Memory---

While living in Kalgoorlie a few years back, PB came to our town to do a dinner and small signing at the local holden dealer. Now Kalgoorlie isnt the biggest place in the world but for a champion like that to come to a city that is known for "biggest sales of holden vehicles in WA" was something special.

Dad and I are ABSOLUTE worshippers of PB, and we got up the courage to chat to him at the holden dealership where my dad had just signed for a VT clubsport.
PB had a look over the car for us "altho dad is a mechanic....we werent gonna tell PB that" and then offered to take my dad for a test drive around the city in the car he was buying.

30mins later, PB comes back and dad had the biggest smile on his face!
Dads words were " bguck me, he can drive!!"

Dad has some photos of the day.
But it was just amazing, that a man like PB who has a busy enough day as it is, made the time to spend time with a complete stranger to make his day.

Brocky...you are a true champion in both motorsport and life.

#9 _Fanxu1_

_Fanxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:08 AM

There is a real sadness for me as a great memory will never be. Next Friday ( 15-9) Peter and Harry Firth were to be a my local ( The Imperial ) to present a beautiful painting of Brockie to a lucky recipient during Speed on Tweed..

I had organised with the hotel to have my 72 XU1 on display out the front and all things going to plan was going to get Brockie and Harry to sign it before they left..oh well ..cie la vie..

Memories...what great memories..R.I.P

#10 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:29 PM

Lookin' through all of my old SM mags, i came across this: BROCK - The Man. The Machines. The Legend.

Awesome reading. This man truly was, and still is, a legend.

RIP Brocky.

RIM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users