19 replies to this topic

#1 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:05 PM

Meeting at K Mart Ingle Farm at 10AM Sunday 10/9/06, and leaving at 10:30 for a cruise out to Holden at Elizabeth, then up through the hills to the Birdwood National Motor Museum. 2600S has organised for a display area for Toranas (and I presume other "Brock related" vehicles) to be made available on the grounds of the Museum, and a heavily discounted entry fee to the museum.

Once up there, we'll be throwing around ideas for an annual memorial event. All suggestions welcome.

All cars, all enthusiasts welcome, to pay their respects.

#2 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

imho i think tomorrow might be too soon to organise every thing properly, next weekend would be better, just quietly im hoping for next weekend bcoz my car wil be ready then but seriously youve got a big job to be organised in 24 hours

#3 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:32 PM

Yep, I hear what you're saying, but a few people have already expressed an interest in a cruise tomorrow. If your car is ready next weekend, does that mean that it will be at Mallala?

Also, is it you that makes signs/stickers?

#4 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:37 PM

not unless the price of "fuel" miraculously comes down, im looking at atleast a full tank each way :cry:

#5 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:34 PM

cant do sund as i have a family reunion goin on.

#6 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

not unless the price of "fuel" miraculously comes down, im looking at atleast a full tank each way :cry:

We gotta do something about your fuel consumption - Post engine, carb ignition and drivetrain specs in tech, and also what mileage you get. I'm sure you'll get some good advice on tuning things a bit tighter. No good having a nice car if you can't afford to drive it, huh?

#7 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

too true, ive got my mechanic looking at it on friday, to see whether theres any thing that can be done although im starting to believe it my driving, :spoton: but last time i drove it to town from victor harbor, i drove like a grandma and it drank half a tank, im running a 308 stroked to 334, its got a mild cam 289 degrees duration and back then a 600dp going to an aussie for with a 3.08 diff so you would think it shouldnt be too bad but thats about 30 litres to do about 90km it doesnt sound to good to me, at the moment im using a 650vac sec to see if its any better. i think im just gonna have to put up with it

#8 _curlys torana_

_curlys torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:40 PM

im up for a cruize next week will be better and we could get more people .

#9 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

next week is the Mallala Muscle car muster and also Gawler swap meet on the sund, frid and sat is racing at mallala also.

Curly why dont u rock up to HTC meeting this mond at the hampstead hotel at 7.30pm. Ya dont have 2 join, but I can tell ya we r in for a busy time from nov on with up coming events, and the more torries out there the better.

Dave (pres) and I have to knock heads soon to to plan future events, and I have some rippers planned :rockon:

definately will plan a memorial cruise yearly around the 8th sept for our Legend departed.

#10 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:29 PM

Unfortunately, I can�t put my car where my mouth is for another year but.

Considering what Brock has done for so many, maybe we can organise a run to raise funds for and maybe involve patients from the Brock foundation. We can support his vision.

Could the commodore clubs contribute to?

Your thoughts?

#11 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:51 AM

Unfortunately, I can�t put my car where my mouth is for another year but.

Considering what Brock has done for so many, maybe we can organise a run to raise funds for and maybe involve patients from the Brock foundation. We can support his vision.

Could the commodore clubs contribute to?

Your thoughts?

I was thinking along the same lines Darky - if we do have an annual memorial run, we should be raising funds for the Brock Foundation, or at least doing something more than just a cruise.

It would make sense to ask other "Brock related" car clubs to be involved. I guess we'll see what develops when the 1st anniversary comes around.

"Can't put my car where my mouth is" - like that one. :D Can relate to it. You know where you can borrow one if you need a fix.

#12 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:46 AM

The HSV/HDT owners club have also ben contacted so fingers crossed there as well as the SA Monaro club!

Raising some funs for the Brock foundation would be great but we do but we need to make the contacts and plan this for next year.

I think it's best to have the run soon after the aniversary of Brocky's death so it's still very fresh in peoples minds. This man was a legend to many and deserves recognition for providing inspiration to so many in every walk of life! :clap:

#13 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

2600's yes, it was something to organise for the future.

Dangerous, thank you for the offer for the fix but I need every $ available (and some not) to get the Black Bastard back on the road.

I've just forked out about 2G just for a diff overhaul where I budgeted $650. It hurts. I still have the gearbox, engine, brakes, interior,etc,etc to do.

This poor car has been flogged to death as the diff centre was a write off.

But I will get there!!

As PB said,"Follow your dreams"

#14 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:28 PM

im up for a cruise but im also going to mallala, anyone thinking of a saturday cruise?

#15 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

Photos from Today's cruise. Looking at the weather this morning, I think PB might have had a word to the big boss, along the lines of "Hey, look at those really nice Holdens out cruising today - how about you put on some cruising weather for them?".

Thanks to 2600s for getting the ball rolling.

Tributes out at Holdens at Elizabeth. Film crews were there when we got there, so tune in to CH 9, 10 and 2 news tonight if you can.
Posted Image

HTC and others who attended the cruise
Posted Image

2600s placing some early race memorabilia
Posted Image

Cars out the front of the Birdwood National Motor Museum
Posted Image

"Red shift" with its new number plates.
Posted Image

Thanks to all those that managed to attend at such short notice. It or something like it will be an annual event.

Dangerous

Edited by Dangerous, 10 September 2006 - 04:36 PM.

#16 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

sounds like a great day to pay respect, sorry i couldnt come my car isnt in working order at the moment. i did see it on ch.10 news just then. good stuff guys, RIP PB.

#17 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

Did you guys make the sign or was it from Holden?

Looks like a decent turnout regardless of the short notice, well done.

#18 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:23 PM

The sign was put up by Holden workers. We were there for around 45 minutes, and there was a constant stream of cars driving by.

The local Ch 10 news featured a fair bit of footage of the tribute and our cars, and a couple of interviews. Dunno if it was shown in any other state.

#19 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

Well done guys.
Saw the news and i wish i coulda been there(damn work)
Had the black arm band on at work

#20 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:34 AM

Its good to see your cruize went well. I ended up on the commodore cruize in my brothers Caprice. The sentiment there was the same though, a great show of respect and admiration for a great man.

HB1200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users