#1 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:27 PM

:tease: so there is 2 torana clubs in SA being:

Holden Torana Club of South Australia?
and
Torana Street Machine Club of SA?

Which one is better lol? not saying any are at all bad.

#2 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:42 PM

I am biased

#3 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

as am i

(cough cough)

#4 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

Technically there are three.

Holden Torana Club of South Australia.

Torana Street Machine Club of SA.

A9X Torana Club of Australia Inc.

But I am not Bi like Damo and Kaz.

#5 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

I went on my first cruise with HTC in feb 04. my decision was between HTC, SMASA or Torrie Street Mach club. I ruled out SMASA early in the piece, as I was and still am a novice to motor sport and really just wanted a smallish group to spend time with cruising and getting advice from.

I am not sure what swayed me to HTC over the other club, but I am glad I made the choice I made. All members have made me more than welcome at any event and meeting, there are NO politics at all, no bitchin (after all I am the queen of bitches so no point tryin 2 beat me at that one :tease: ) and all have a great sence of humour. The age mix in the club is great, and events make for great family days out.

HTC has a good event calendar that I am in the process of building on to make a Club event every month, some BIG some smaller. The only months I havent filled yet for an event are May, July and Aug for 07. I will be looking to make more low key social gatherings for those month, and especially reserving one for no cars allowed with lots of eating, drinking, dancing and getting to know each other better.

We regularily have members from TSM on our runs and at our events and could easily combine the 2 clubs to make it even better.

XXKAZXX

#6 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

Kaz, after reading your post, I reckon you should write all of our publicity :spoton:

hrt1and2, there are three Clubs as Darky has pointed out (maybe even 4, as I think there is a Whyalla one as well???), but 2 for 'general' Torana owners. You are quite welcome to come along to a meeting or an event and meet the members and find out what we are about. HTC is socially oriented - it doesn't matter what type or condition of Torana you own, or even if you don't own a Torana. You just have to have an interest in Toranas, and in the aims of the Club. There is no obligation to join either before or after coming along to a meeting or event to see what we are about - it's entirely up to you.

I know a lot of the members in the Torana Street Machine Club, and they are good people. I think though that they are a little inactive when it comes to Club Events these days.

#7 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:23 AM

cheers guys, HTC it is then :) i look foward to joining in the near future :) thanks.

#8 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:40 AM

:clap:

#9 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:38 AM

I know a lot of the members in the Torana Street Machine Club, and they are good people. I think though that they are a little inactive when it comes to Club Events these days.

A little inactive would be an understament Dave.
Nothing has happen since all the things I had organised before the roll over and the attendance was poor any way.
That is why I have changed camps.

#10 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:54 AM

how much is it for membership? are those the right forms on the website?

#11 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:33 PM

membership is $30 per year. Yep thats the current form on HTC website :rockon:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users