Now list the fastest cars you have been in

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

OK we done the cars that had an impact on you now list the 2 fastest you have actually been in. Lets say 1 for fastest road car and 1 for fastest race car.

For me the fastest road car was a LH SLR/5000 owned by the guy (before it got stolen and never seen again) that owns the Malua Bay bottle shop. Neck snapping acceleration, wheel spin on demand and big top end. Not sure exactly how fast coz the old torries only go to 200kmh but with a 2.78 diff and 14" wheels it was pulling over 6500 in top.

Fastest race car would be Peter Fitzgeralds GT3 Porsche around Eastern Creek with Fitzy driving. Been in lotta cars that accelerate harder but nothing that stops so hard you feel the G's through your eyeballs and corners like its a slot car.

#2 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:26 AM

Fatsest race car would have to be my mates HQ SS (SEXCSS) mandarin red Monaro, car runs a 383 SBC Race glide 9" anda direct port NOS system, best run is a 10.00 cant remember MPH, he took me for a blast with the NOS and let me tell you you lose your breath..

Fastest street car well the fastest iv been on the street was in my mates HQ UTE BBC 454 T400 9" 2.75 gears and huge 15" chev rally wheels, he had it way off the clock with the tacho on 6500rpm, we were moving scary shit..

John

#3 _NRV051_

_NRV051_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

For me it would be my friends VL calais for the street Massive turbo and methanol injection. Scary shit.

For the actual fastest though would be Ray wooldridges 71 hemi cuda. It runs flat 11's for the quarter and is still more of a street car then anything.

#4 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:04 AM

LXCHEV!!!!!! thats the fastest car ive been in. 11second car, cant been that for a street car. hehe im biast tho. Other than that ive been in a pace car around sandown and that was pretty fast, but i still think 11 second down a quarter beats that.

#5 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

quickest would have to be my mates Vk 308 brock. 10.4 down the quarter, One quick street car and does 11's with no gas.
launches when you hit the fast pedal.

#6 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:18 AM

Fastest car ive been in was a few years ago, LX Hatch 406 chev, ran 9.8s no gas, was a fun ride on the streets

#7 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:23 AM

Glenn's Ultra Blue A9X sedan :P

#8 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:40 AM

My mates Vn ss 355 stroker it was nasty and a guy from the firestation had a green 327 chev Lx

#9 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

Street car would have to be an ex work mates 1932 Coupe Rod with 350 Chev that ran 10's.

Race car is difficult to judge. Drving Joel Knotts Sprint car for 25 laps around Speedway City or as a passenger in the now forgotten Team Dynamic race car.

I know my favorite would be as a passenger in the ex Charlie Obrien Phillips A9X 4Door for 10 laps around Calder at full race pace. :spoton: Not as quick as the other two but touched something inside more.

#10 _Aidan_

_Aidan_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:54 AM

Fast i've been in would of be a 298kw (400hp) supercharged v6 VT SS commie.
Second fastest would be a toss up between a wrx and a 2001 rx7...yes my friends like jap cars.

#11 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:10 PM

Been in 2_FLY many a times and had a drive myself... amazing car... did a 12.65 i believe so not slow... thats about it for me haha

#12 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

Fastest street would be my 06 Subaru STi.

Fastest race would be a ride in a HSV V8 Supercar in 03 @ Barbagallo.

Welby

#13 _[2_FLY]_

_[2_FLY]_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

Fastest street car i`ve been in is FEAR, a VH group2 brock, has run a 10.6 on a small shot of gas.

Fastest race car would be my friends EVO 8 MR targa car, pretty bloody fast in a straight line for a stock turbo (ran a 12.0 before he put the computer, cooler and a few other things in), but the cornering is bloody amazing. He was running 3rd outright at targa west before his fan put a hole in his radiator.

#14 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:49 PM

Fastest car on the street was my mate Simon's RX2 with a 13B Turbo, number plates MADRX2. That this was insane when it came on boost. Ran a 10.70 on the track.

Race car (on the race track) was my LX hatch. It hauled ass, 1.48 60 ft time, front wheels a meter in the air. Good fun, ran 10.86 aspirated.

#15 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

Fastest Street car - My Parents' Mercedes 560SEL. For a car that weighs nearly 3 tonne, it has fairly nice acceleration, and a respectable top end (Dad has had it up to 240km/h)

Never really been in any race cars (except my stock HK...)

RIM

#16 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

Can't say i've ever been in an official race car.

But my friend had a White LX sedan with a 427 BBC, full manual T400 & 9".

That thing did low 11s at Calder on street tyres. (Bigguns though, 20" McReary's if i remember right) "tubbed, no flairs".

Drove it one day and wanted to pass someone, put the foot into it and nearly ran up the arse of the car, had to back off and try again from a bit further away and get into the other lane sooner.

He sold it to a guy, and we found out it was written off a couple of months later, "duh".

Car was immaculate, had every bolt on panel replaced with new or as best that could be found at the time.

Some might remember it, it was featured in Street and strip many yr's ago.

Posted Image

#17 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:24 PM

I have to get out more :D some cool cars mentioned there thanks guys

#18 _curlys torana_

_curlys torana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

thew fastest street car would be my mates hj with a 350 9 inch and manualised turbo350
and racecar would be thats hard ive been in a 9 second drag car but ive also been in a modified sprintcar for 2 seats that was wicked and fun

#19 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:58 PM

Yeah heath, Glenn told me your turned white when you went cruising in the ultra blue. lol

My mates Starr Supercharged LS1 Ute, 400rwkw on 18's.
Wet weather was a nightmare, but good at the same time, lol

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#20 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

Fast i've been in would of be a 298kw (400hp) supercharged v6 VT SS commie.

I think something's not right there... V6 SS ... ??

I work with Supercars every day, ferarri's / porsche / lamborghini... and i've driven alot of them, but never fast. But I think it still counts, coz they're fast cars... and i've been in them, hehehe.

#21 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:50 PM

yeah good point about the V6 SS. Driving the cars slow dont count however, so what's the car you have been fastest in? :D

#22 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:02 PM

Fastest and most intense road car would have to defintiely be Glenn's Ultrablue A9x.. I'll never forget that ride.. Or the offer to drive! ( Which i turned down... :fool: ). That was a VERY cool ride.

I havent been in many race cars, so i might have to put down my brother's Twin Turbo 5L Commdore... it's not insane in its acceleration.. but it feels like it's just never going to end!

Tinkers "wild ride" on teh gold coast in her blue hatch would win my most impressive ride... "You woulda loved it tinks.. this black hatch.. just all over the road :rockon:

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

Glenn told me your turned white when you went cruising in the ultra blue

Yeah I wonder if he had to replace the seat afterwards? :spoton:

#24 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

fastest race car was a nascar at calder (pity I was only the passenger) can't remember the exact speed though :rolleyes:
fastest street car I've been in was a HT gts monaro which we would of the clock, and if you know how far the speedo goes on a gts dash then you know how fast we were going, + a little bit :D

#25 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

I remember as a kid, just got my licence and my mate had a 6.6l 77 Trans am, it was the first V8 I ever drove an I remember thinking, wow this is awesome. Then a mate of mine owned an R32 Nissan GTR, one of the 100 imported by Nissan into Australia. I remember it was awesome to drive, then 2 weeks ago he let me drive his one off HRT427. That thing has some grunt, though I didn't open it right up, it wasn't hard to tell it's potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users