NSW IPRA Round 6 Eastern Creek

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

Here is a list of O2L Runners...hopefully I will make it.... car still needs the gearbox refitted and the RHF Guard Flare painted and refitted. Then I have to do a race ready inspection etc....

* = my class
Sam Maio Ford Falcon AU V8
Justin Hughes HSV GTS
Kees Delhaas Holden VS Commodore V8
*Greg Young Holden VH Commodore V8
Scott Bucton Holden VY Commodore V8
*Doug Moss Datsun 120Y Turbo
Phil Page Mazda RX7
Peter Foote Mazda RX-7
Geoffrey Fear Nissan R32 Skyline GTR
John McKenzie Holden VZ Commodore V8
Paul White Mazda RX7
Matt Watson Mazda 808
Paul Wilken Mazda RX7
Scott Fleming Mazda RX-7
*Peter Sayers Holden LX Torana SLR 5000
Graeme Shea Mazda Capella
Michael Posa Mazda RX-3
Ryan Brown Mazda RX7
*Dave Lamaitre Toyota Corolla KE25 Turbo
*James Boughton Datsun 1600 Turbo
Peter Bellett Audi Quattro
Matt Skinner Mazda RX7
Luke Smith Mazda RX7
*William Tyrrell Holden VH Commodore V8
*Stephen Hegarty Holden VK Commodore V8

#2 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:38 PM

good luck Peter, hope you make the start line.

#3 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:59 AM

Thanks mate... Gear box is back in and RHF Flare is painted and back on so car is now back together.. just have to complete the race inspection... no biggy... so its all go !

The gear box is the new TKO 600 which is a close ratio version and has a better fifth gear ratio .82 (compaired with .68) so she should really haul down the main straight of EC.... :rockon:

Looking forward to the weekend.... Living my Dream (of Racing)

This meetings for U Brocky :clap:

#4 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:48 AM

All the best Pete, hope you have a great day out there! :D

cheers,

Sam

#5 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:04 AM

Best of luck mate, try to beat as many rice burners as you can !
What did the gearbox cost ?

#6 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Thanks guys..... :spoton:
micklx pm sent.

I have also got some RIP Brocky stikers being made..... pick up tomorrow. will only have about 10 or so... will post a pick when I get time....

Oh and before I forget... I have 3 spare tickets for the whole weekend.... competitors tickets.... so will get you everywhere.
First person to text me on 0404091359 gets them for $10 each, text me your details and they will be left at Gate 7 under your name C/- me, you can pay me when u see me.

#7 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

wish i could make it but as usual my plate is over full.
go get em Pete.

#8 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

Good to see you got it ready in time. Hope all goes well. Looking forward to a report on the new gear box.
Have fun Peter and eat some rice :spoton:

#9 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:12 AM

Well what a weekend.... conditions were very warm @32c and very windy which made the track slipery and my tyres were over heating easily....plus my temp guage was sitting @210F all race so had to short shift and nurse the car home each race... but I got there in the end. I qual 25th, which was shocking... I couldnt get any grip and the gearbox was putting off a little as it changes a little different to the last box... I kept selecting 5th when I was going for 3rd on the down change which makes you over shoot the turn in for the apex :rolleyes: mostly driver error.... the ratios were much better thou so I was happy about that....

In race 1 I finish 17th....race 2 I finished 13th and 2nd in class (class points race) and 13th in the last... so not to bad..... the wind was a huge factor as well...the car was moving side to side going down the straight about 3 ft each way.. and going thru turn 1 the car was getting a side buffeting ....not good!! :rolleyes: its scary when you think that the car is moving around so much and your doing in excess of 200 kph :spoton:

BUT... the good news is... Due to getting 2nd in Class in Race 2, that give me enough points to win Class D for the year :(3-6 Litre) :rockon:

#10 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:57 AM

Sounds great Pete, congrats on the Class win.

So many motoring events that could be attended on the weekend, something had to give. What sort of numbers do they get up at EC?

Do us a favour, and take a pic of your ROPS bar going across at the bottom of the dash for us? Thinking of running ours in front of the underside of the dash. Was initially hoping to run it behind the metal dash fascia, but looks like too many obstacles there.

#11 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:06 PM

Got a pic of your car Pete, you ain't got one.

#12 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:16 PM

congrats on the win, one for brock eh? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

#13 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

Hey Yella,

I'm just getting a new cage done for my car as we speak, the guy has done an awesome job, absolutely stoked with it..! He's run a spreader bar, just under the dash, as you have mentioned. When I get it back, I'll take some pics and post them for ya.

cheers,

Sam

#14 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:37 PM

Hey Yella,
yep I dont have one
My lap times were bad as condition were not favorable. to hot and to windy.

#15 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:00 AM

Thanks 350 LH, pics would be good.

Going to go back through the regs this week, combine that with my excursions to the track, and revise the ROPS design. Interior is stripped, ready to order the material to start the cage.

Pete, conditions would have been the same for everybody. Still top effort in the Class win.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 28 September 2006 - 11:02 AM.

#16 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:38 AM

Hey Sam,

Reviewed the Rule Book again last night (clear as mud!!!). The horizontal bar is actually not required in front of the dash. I was hoping this was the case, I hate the thought of being pinned in the car by your feet from the steel tube if the worse ever happened. Happy now.

Could go a minimal cage, but like some of the triangulation some of the extra additional bars give. Bit of extra weight, but looks/feels heaps safer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users