gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:43 PM

Hey i have no CD Player or Radio in my LC and wanted to know where abouts would place my CD Player and where would i find brackets for it....

Photos would be awesome to see and it would be easier to see what you are talking about....

Cheers

#2 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

Th previous owner of my LJ had it mounted next to the lower dash towards the passenger, but when i throw my new CD palyer in i think i will mount it in the glovebox cause it dont really matter if you hack into the glove box insert as you can buy repro ones. Here is a pick of what it looks like atm

https://cache.gmh-torana.com.au/i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/LOWS2...[/img]]Interior

Cheers,
Mick

#3 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:28 AM

Its not a great picture, but i got another lower dash unit from the wreakers, cut out a slot in the middle, cut it in half, joined it back together leaving the cigerette light hole, then the headunit, then the heater fan switch (used as switch for electronic arial) and light switch (for future driving lights)

Posted Image

The unit is secured with nuts and bolts throught the dash under the glovebox insert. The unit was joined back togther with a piece of metal pop riverted to the back of it and copious amounts of Araldite. :spoton:

Steve

#4 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:54 PM

Posted Image

#5 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:59 PM

LJ has a hole for ash tray/radio, LC does not.

I also found that the LC glove box was not big enough to mount inside.

Mine will be bolted through carpet onto an mdf board underneath the drivers seat. Amplifier under the other. The headunit comes with a remote control and plays mp3 cds, so I won't need to change cds every hour.

#6 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

If you have a custom console mount the unit in that, less drilling, more room and should look heaps better.

#7 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:16 PM

Custom Console for me :D

Steve, i love how you have done it. Dad and I were thinking about doing something a bbit similar, except to splice it in with the existing one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users