velocity stacks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

hi ive just bought a velocity stack and im trying to sus it out more, do i understand it correctly that the stack will increase the air speed of my fuel charge as it comes into my inlet manifold? if this is correct what are the down sides of having one, before any one asks, its on a LX with a 334 stroker with a 650 holley and the bonnet has an A9X bonnet scoop so it will almost definatly fit under the bonnet

cheers adam

#2 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:46 PM

basically it will straighten out the air as it enters avoiding un wanted turbulance, hence increasing speed.

#3 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:50 PM

and it will look cool and give your mate some cash

#4 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:51 PM

But don't use the top cover that comes with these things...THEY ARE VERY RESTRICTIVE.It's the cover with all the small holes in it. There are usually 2 of them with a piece of foam sandwiched between to act as an air filter.
I accidently left one in place on a 1/4 mile run and was rewarded with a drop in ET of a whole second...

Cheers Greg..

#5 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:54 PM

and it will look cool and give your mate some cash

:spit: :spit: :spit: good one barney :spit: :spit: :spit:

#6 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:22 AM

I have a velocity stack lying around somewhere.. that used a normal filter element.. I never got to drive with it but i can understand how it works, and the guys above are right!

THe reason i got rid of mine was that i couldnt fit a large enough element to it without going over the roofline :rolleyes:

So i went for a 5" tall 9" round K&N filter instead.. and i was going to look at a stubstack, but with the new demon carb i dont even need to worry about that!

Cheers :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users