Need help with a number

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _scotty720gtr_

_scotty720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:38 PM

Could anyone help me out here please. I have a GTR with a number stamped into the Chassis rail (passeger side in engine bay) the nuber is N967342P.

I know the vehicle has been in an accident as it has had the passenger side guard and inner skirt replaced. What is the number on the chassis rail? Could it be a Nasco replacemnet number ?

Hope someone can help me.

Scott.

#2 _LHoon_

_LHoon_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

That number is the 'chassis number'.

Has the car got all of the tags? The chassis number is also written on one of those tages, and it should match of course.

#3 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

im guessing its a NSW police issued chassis number. do you still have the ADR tag on the firewall thats the number that should be on your chassis

chees
GTR-XU1

#4 _scotty720gtr_

_scotty720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

Thanks for the info>

It has all 3 tags. I realise that the numbers should match. What reason would there be for that number to be completely different i.e 72 Toranas should be ALJ##### shouldn't they? Why does this start with an N. Also were'nt the "chassis" numbers stamped on the inner guard and not on the rail?

Any more info would be great.

Thanks

#5 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:08 PM

When the inner guard was replaced the replacement had no numbers most probably,also you are not allowed to restamp/tamper with the orignal chassis numbers,so in order to get the car registered those new numbers were stamped in.

Those numbers would be from the rta or police which is why people refer to them as 'cop numbers'.The numbers are stamped anywhere & all over the place(messy).

#6 _scotty720gtr_

_scotty720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

Thanks gtrbovv.

That was what I was thinking, well I knew that a new inner would not have the number stamped into it anyway, but did not know about cop numbers.

Thanks for your help.

If anyone can confirm what gtrbovv has said I would really appreciate it.

By the way, I'm not an idiot and do realise that the number is the "chassis" number. I want to know why it is not an LJ number i.e ALJ / BLJ and gtrbovv has given the most logical answer.

Thanks again gtrbovv

#7 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:30 AM

Yes it is a police issue number.
In NSW they all start with an "N" and end in a "P".
I have owned several cars in the past with these numbers, and even had get one stamped myself once.

Cheers Greg..

#8 _bones_

_bones_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:43 AM

Yes it is a police issue number.
In NSW they all start with an "N" and end in a "P".
I have owned several cars in the past with these numbers, and even had get one stamped myself once.

Cheers Greg..

Just to add to Gregs post,
The 2 numbers after the N was the year of issue, so in your case 1996.

Cheers, Bones

#9 _scotty720gtr_

_scotty720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for your help everyone.

I now have piece of mind.

Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users