• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:12 PM

EASTSIDE CRUISERS
INTERCLUB DROMANA DRIVE IN NIGHT

Come along and join Eastside Cruisers in their annual trek to Dromana for a night at the Drive-In movies!!

When: Sat 21st October 2006

Cruise Info:
Meeting at 3.30pm at The Stamford, corner of Wellington Rd and Stud Rd Rowville)
Departing 4pm Sharp!!

This year we have made it an inter car club event, we want heaps of cars this year. It will be a nice cruise down to dromana.

We will be heading down thru Dandenong, and onto Frankston/Dadny road, not far down here we will be having a 2nd meeting point for some and a regroup for the rest of us. when you see the Fantastic Furniture sign pull into the next driveway as this is our meeting point.

Then continuing on thru frankston, and past mornington, and following the coastline down to dromana.

We will then head into the Drive-In around 6ish as they will be opening the Diner early. Here you can grab a bite to eat, sit around and have a chat, and then enjoy the movies followed at 7.30pm.

the movies are yet to be finalised, but they should be known by end of this week, so i will keep you posted.

The more cars we get the more chance of a discount entry into the movies so come along, bring ya mates for an awesome cruise, and movie night.

if you need any more info feel free to pm me.

EHGIRL- DEB

post your name and car you'l be bringing so i can add to the list to get rough numbers. thanks

#2 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:50 PM

anyone want to come?

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

I'll have to put it on the VTC website next time I get a chance Deb, I didn't reply because if I go I won't be bringing a car.

...Free bump anyway

#4 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:39 PM

I would come but cricket goes until 6pm :(

#5 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:24 AM

anyone want to come?

id love to cruise to this drive in night,

if i can get the hatch up and going i will be there,
this particular date is not one i want to be at home

#6 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

ok guys, i know what will be on so here goes, you can also go to the dromandrive in website and check it out also.

kids movies start at 6.30pm

(Screen one)
Ant Bully
World Trade Centre
(plus) You me & Dupree (

(Screen 2)
Garfield 2
Kenny
(plus) Tristian Shandy

(Screen 3)
Step Up
The Devil Wears Prada
plus) My super ex GF

so yeah something for everyone to see.

Edited by EHGIRL, 05 October 2006 - 01:22 PM.

#7 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:15 PM

Ill be there in the Hatch! Probably on my own tho as the Gf is going to a friends 21st!

#8 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:31 PM

im sure makka can keep you company, hehe.

#9 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:33 PM

hehe I don't think it's quite the same Deb :spoton::tease:

Matt, I'll cruise down with you as long as you don't get me mixed up with Maddie half way through the Movie. hehe

#10 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Shenanigans!!!

Will be good to have you along guys. YiriSS - it's been a while mate, hope we can catch up!

#11 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:44 AM

Hey Matty, you're passing up a 21st?
Can I go then?

been a l-o-n-g time since I went to one of those!!

:rockon: :spoton:

Edited by knoath, 06 October 2006 - 10:45 AM.

#12 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 11:33 PM

brett

its looking good at this stage

i just drove the hatch home from vermont tonight, it didnt miss a beat, i had truly forgotten what a pleasure it is to drive,
cant wait to go back to petrol

it has been a while,

#13 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:31 AM

Hey Matty, you're passing up a 21st?
Can I go then?

been a l-o-n-g time since I went to one of those!!

:rockon: :spoton:

hahaha!

I dont even know who's it is. One of her Uni Friends. But it looks like she wants to come now! I told her the movies that were showing and its got her attention. And i also metioned that she might be able to drive it!

haha

Dick, you can come to my 21st next year! You should have come to my 20th at Frostbites the other week! hahaha good times

#14 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:59 PM

Deb,

Will there be a meeting point at Frankston for all us bogans down this end of the world??? ROFL... And if so where??

Cheers, Julz.

#15 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:11 PM

not to sure on a meeting point in frankston, the only one we have mapped out soo far is the one at fantastic furniture on frankston/dandy road.

Brett and me are gonna at some stage over the weekend, go redo the cruise route, to just make sure its same as always. I know last time we went we were still being diverted thru safety beach ,but i also know thats finished now, so want to definately get new directions made for that bit.

will have any updates early next week, and ill keep an eye out for a spot closest to frankston you could meet us at.

deb

#16 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Deb. Yeah I'm sure the roadworks at Dromana are finished now.. I'll keep my eye on this post for updates..

Cheers, Julz.

#17 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:15 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26 cars attending soo far!!!!

The numbers soo far that have let me know there coming:

9 cars confirmed from eastside cruisers

6 cars attending from eh club

2 from aussie v8 forum

4 from ausmuscle forum( some of these members have been counted in there car clubs there in)

5 from gmh torana forum

if you want to come please let me know, and i can add you to the list.

cheers

deb-ehgirl

#18 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:36 PM

just an update, 40 cars confirmed, hopefully they all show up now, hehe. but yeah hopefully still more to show up on the day.

watch for more updates on details.

EHGIRL

#19 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:59 PM

Hey guys and girls,

Ok here is the latest and last update!!

We will be meeting at The Stamford cnr wellington rd and Stud rd Rowville
at 3.30pm and departing 4pm sharp!!

When you arrive at the meeting point, please make your way over to see one of us as we will be handing out the directions for the day and also we will be holding a small raffle for anyone who is keen and will be drawn shortly after arriving at the drive ins.

We will then head off turning right onto stud rd, following along thru dandy, then onto princess hwy and then turning right onto Frankston/Dandy rd.

We aim to arrive at our next meeting point/regroup at around 4.20pm. When you travel down frankston dandy road you keep a look out on your left for the Fantastic furniture sign, the following street pull in and turn into the car park on the right, we will be stopping here for around 10 mins.

Then continuing on to Frankston, going over the railway line onto Overton rd, and onto Nepean Hwy. From there we will just follow our way for a little bit till we come closer to mornington.

Then we will be turning right going thru the group of shops in mornington and then onto the esplanade for a leasurely cruise along the awesome views of the coastline.

Follow this all the way till we come to dromana and then onto the drive ins. We should arrive at the drive ins if we are running on time, anywhere from 5.30pm onwards.

At this stage with numbers we will be getting in to see double feature for $20 and tripple feature which is including the early bird stage will be around $35mark to see all 3 movies.

Grab dinner at Shel's Diner, they have a range of hot foods and plenty of nibblies.

Hope to see many of you there, last count for cars was 45 but it will depend on the weather i think. Hopefully weve seen the last of rain for the weekend.

If you have any queries feel free to pm me.

Deb-EHGIRL

#20 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:50 PM

Here are a few pics from the cruise. I only took 3 pics! haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

geez the speed humps at the pub (meeting point ) were pretty high lol

#22 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

Hey guys and girlies,

OK official count is in, i had a list going on the day but with all the stuff i was running around doing, the list started off with names, cars etc and by the end was numberplates etc so i have just spent last 20 mins working out whos who.

So cars i have written down and pretty sure is correct were

48 cars in total

23 cars were eastside member cars, ( but there were a couple more that were mates etc that arent added in the 23 cars)

11 eh car club cars

and then the rest were mates and tag alongs on the day.

A big thankyou to everyone who came along for the arvo/night. I know the rains were around in the morning, so glad everyone still came along.

Huge thanks to brett for helping me run the day, i was actually ill on the day so it was kinda the last thing i wanted to end up organising, but was totallly releaved once it was all over!!!

The movies on the night were a good mix i thought.

It did get pretty dam cold. There were alot of fogged up windows due to the freezing tempretures and not cos of the shananigans going on hehe.

All in all it was a top run, glad it ran smoothly as it was my first run ive organised on my own.

Hopefully next year we can make it bigger again!!!

Deb- EHGIRL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users