brakes on my lc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:10 PM

hey guys just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with a problem im having with my brakes whcih are nearly completely new. they seem to go really soft at times no pattern just sometimes ill touch the pedal and itll be nice and firm but then others the pedal will just sink to the floor.
whats the go?

cheers
ben

#2 _conceptss_

_conceptss_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:22 PM

An ex had a similar problem in her Laser - The Master cylinder was worn out. Sometimes the fluid pressure would leak back past the seals. Very scary.

I take it you've checked theres no external fluid leaks etx.? If not then it's a good bet your master is the culprit.

#3 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:12 PM

ah ok then that would make sence but its nearly new (well as new as a rebuilt one can get) how can i test it to make sure thats it??

#4 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:14 PM

i think substituting it for a known good one as i dont know of any on car mastercylinder test.

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:31 PM

If its rebuilt..throw it away and get a new one from Repco...your probs will disappear I reckon..ask Dattoman as well.
R

#6 _nunganunga_

_nunganunga_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

I sometimes test masters by clamping all three or four flexible hoses. The pedal should be rock hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users