HG rims on an LX, any problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _mike_nofx_

_mike_nofx_
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:18 PM

I read from previous posts that rims from a HG and an LX torana are interchangeable. are their offsets the same?

Im thinking of putting mags from a hg onto my LX and was wondering if id come across any problems.

thanks

#2 _jimjet61_

_jimjet61_
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:51 PM

Should fit, stud pattern, not sure of offsets, might need to check with Chopper.

#3 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:42 AM

AFAIK offsets are the same, as was made a set of rims for my UC which were done to early monaro spec. 14 x 6in, have sold since.
What i would consider is finding out how to measure the offset easily and accurately and check out whether the rims that are off this Hg are actually the correct offset, no guarantee of that since they arent? factory. My guess is that they would be ok, but who knows, maybe they were made up differently for a specific purpose, though chances these are just a "standard" after market wheel for a holden. You havent mentioned the size, if very large offset could be different to specifically fit under HG fenders etc.
Have actually done the same thing on my UC atm, have some 14 x 6in alloys a bought of someone that were supposedly of a HG. Never actually thought about checking the offset myself til posting now, but it cant be too far off as have had no probs as yet.

#4 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:29 AM

I cant say what the factory offsets were on HG rims but I have a set sitting here currently doing nothing. They have huge offsets - all on the outside - which is hard on wheel bearings but god they look good when fitted, obviously they are not factory standard rims. :) They are 10" and 7" chrome rims and I use what I think are HQ hubcaps on them. Flares are essential.
Before anyone asks no - sorry they are not for sale :)

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 21 December 2005 - 07:31 AM.

#5 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:38 PM

The 14x8 hotwires I used to run were from a hk-hg, no problems at all.

#6 _mike_nofx_

_mike_nofx_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:32 PM

Im lookin at a set of 14X7 and 14x8's.
Centrelines.

Im not sure if they will really suit my car though.
I currently have hurricanes but im not a huge fan of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users