Tubs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:16 AM

Anyone got tubs. what is actually done, will the rear seat still fit in, what happens to the upper shock mount is it moved.
can you buy off the shelf and weld in yourself? or does anybody know who does them in WA

cheers

PHIL

#2 355LX

355LX

Long Term Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:22 PM

Check this out Mcdonald bros racing

You back in the country now Phil?! How about another beer mate... hahah Have to catch up again, and I still would'nt mind you showing me how to do my firewall like yours.

Dave

#3 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for that Dave, Do you know what happens with the rear shocks. I will send them an email. gonna need better traction IF the new motor ever gets finished.

No dramas showing you the firewall mods, now would be a good time actually cos the whole front end is out.

I am over in Laos at work at the moment. Can you PM me your phone number again, I have another new phone and lost numbers again.

PHIL

#4 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:40 PM

The shocks can be moved inside the rails with brackets made up or you can fit coil-overs but moving the shocks only is much simpler & easier.

#5 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:46 AM

so if i remember right (havent seen my car for a few months) I could just mount the shock inside the boot then there would probably be no need for tubs at all?

Is that right???

#6 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:48 PM

All depends on the size of wheel & tyre you want to use.When I had a l31 slr,it had 16in simmons with 245 tyres.

We moved the shock inside the rail just to be safe & only cut out that small section between the chassis rail & the std wheel tub at the rear,bashed it in to the rail & welded it up.This was to clear the rear inside edge of the tyre & to have the car sit low.

#7 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:03 PM

link On page 2 of this thread is some pics,might help to give you a better idea with the larger wheels & flares.

#8 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:14 AM

I would like to fit 295's without flares. I am currently using 17" with 245's but can fit 265's in there (only just) I might change to 18" when the panel work is finished.

gtrboy do you have any pics of moving the shock inside the rail? did you shift it from outside in the wheel arch to inside the boot?

#9 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:38 AM

have a look at the pics here: http://www.gmh-toran...opic=7249&st=15

#10 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:19 PM

That's the way I would do it if I had another lh-x.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users