HI-6 question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:29 PM

hey guys in the process of wiring up the hi 6 and i was reading the literature with it and it rekons if you extend the power wire then you need to hav a capasitor inline with it and also to not extend the earth wire at all.. i was just wondering what everyone that is currently running one thinks of that.

#2 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:41 PM

I have a HI6 TR and I have extended both. Never had a note saying that in mine. It's about 2 years old, maybe newer model? Mine works great never had a problem so far.

#3 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

Hmmm, it's probably to limit any electrical noise, rather than any effect on performance. If you need to lengthen the wiring, do so and see if it all still works OK. Obviously, the shorter the wiring, and the better the earth connection, the better the thing will work.

#4 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

yeh well i cant see why no i was just going to extend the power to the alternator and the earth right back to the battery to giv it the best ground possible. what is this electrical noise?? what does it effect what can you do about it??

#5 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:40 PM

Electrical interference through the radio. Could be a whine or tick tick type sound that increases with revs.

One option is to turn the radio off. The other is to use a filter. I think that is the filter capacitor they talk about in the installation isnstructions

#6 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

ah ok thn no wories. well the hi 6 unit itself is mounted right under the arial and i extended both the posistive and earth should fire it up today see what happens..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users