Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

Looks good mate, can't wait to see it come together :D

Tim

#102 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:04 PM

hey dude all looking good!bloody tight fit tho! how long till shes running?

#103 _T0rana_

_T0rana_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:19 AM

looks awesome !! and matching coloured bushes and oil filter! :D

#104 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:03 AM

looks awesome !! and matching coloured bushes and oil filter! :D

And the silastic on the sump. The rear bushes are red though.....

I want to give my best shot to hear it fire up this long weekend. I'll have to just ring up auto sparky and haress him now.

#105 _nzman_

_nzman_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:21 AM

Great news today!

I found out that i will be receiving much needed funds to pour into my long awaiting (6 year) project UC.

A recent death (long story) in the family has enable me to secure funds to get this baby up and running.

Like many other people on here i have a wife, 3 kids and mortgage to think off. Finally i've been given some funds to kick this project into gear.

the hard part has been done. the car has been stripped, repaired and painted. New headlining is in aswell.

The funds should pay for gearbox, clutch, diff repairs, motor rebuild and other associated details.

I'm so excited at the moment cause it looked like it never was going to happen.

Posted Image

Picture of my car in case you may have forgotten what a uc looks like.

Posted Image

The engine in when i did the trail fit and got it all running before painting. Sorry about bad phone picture.

It will be very handy that my neighbor builds drag cars and does custom fab work.

hey mate love th uc im lookn at putn the rb 20/25 into my lx just wondering how dificult the conversion was?? any help wud be much ablieged :spoton:

#106 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

Sure no problems.

The list

-CRS engine mounts for RB30 into LH/X and UC $150
-Different sump. ( I used one form the states) $400
-Larger tunnel. Much easier if this is done by pro. $ don't know
-Modify the heater fan shroud
-CRS gearbox cross member $125

Then there's the wiring and all the other extras.

#107 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

More update pictures for you all....

Posted Image

I cleaned the engine bay and the whole car after the windscreens were put in using a flush fitting type. It looks awesome.

Posted Image

Brand new front windscreen using urethane and a very nice trim rubber around the glass to finish it off.

Posted Image

Close up picture of the rear window.

Posted Image

Air con unit in and this is where the standard R33 intercooler will go. I've made up the brackets and it's fitted. I'm doing the fun part of making the pipes fit now.

Posted Image

The beast slowing getting back together......

Better go back to the shed...

#108 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:36 PM

It starts! I just got the engine to start and run, I couldn't run more than a few seconds due to no water in it, but it's such a relief to hear it fire up.

Sounds good straight from the turbo dump pipe.

#109 _P51_

_P51_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:07 PM

Cool....that engine install almost looks OEM..... :spoton:

#110 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

It does look at home. I also think there's more room to work on the engine in the torana engine bay than the skyline.

Having said that, I haven't removed the turbo in the engine bay. So much more work to be done, but at the same time I'm starting to have alot more empty boxes/shelves now. I might even have room again once car is complete.

It's hard to believe how much room you need to do a job this big.

#111 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

looks the goods man!

have you got all new glass in it? looks pretty clean like the smooth rubber idea looks hell neater!

#112 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:45 PM

I like those new rubbers! Where did you get them from? I hate how the rear hatch rubbers pool the water at the bottom of the glass. Seeing these are flush... The water would just run off!

Keep up the good work mate!

#113 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

Love the glass! Any chance you can give us a run down of how you did the glass?

#114 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

My mate who does windscreen did it for me. It's a new method he has been using for a while now. Basically he throws away the old rubbers, then he uses some black paint to do the edging.

He urethane the windscreen in and the rubber you can see is only a trim rubber around the glass itself. The front windscreen is bran new and the rear is the best from the pair i have.

#115 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:29 PM

Love it... wish you all the fun in the world setting it up and hope to see youa ta toranfest in 08.. Cheers PJ. :clap:

#116 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

if you dont mind me asking how much did u pay for the front glass as im in desperate need of a new window as mine is scratched to the max!

#117 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:40 AM

I can't tell you as i got a great price. The work he done with the special sealing process front and back with the new windscreen at the front would normally cost about $450.

#118 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:57 AM

I'd pay $450 for that glass job. Looks great :spoton: :spoton:

#119 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

Yes, the glass job looks excellent. Even better in the flesh. I haven't done much in the last week. I finally cut away the original bracket that holds the fuel lines onto chassis when the cross over.

Because i have the connecting rails between the the rear diff mount and the front cross member i had to re shape the fuel lines. I just need to screw the mounts for the fuel line and also the rear brake line.

I did get the heater core back today after they had to make the pipe larger to except the R33 heater hoses. It's been hard to get into after working 10 hour days.

I'm not going to make any promises about getting the car ready for the torana fest in September, way to close. I'll be there next year for sure. Then again, you never know with tax time around the corner....

So nothing picture worthy exciting at the moment.

#120 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

Congrats on the car coming to life studricho, :clap: looks like a fantastic fit .

Those rubber are trick, they remind me of the "Cal-look" (California Look) window rubbers we used to use on VW's years ago, the difference they make to the overall look of the car is well worth the effort.

As others have said B4, that Blue paint really is a great colour !

MT

#121 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Congrats on the car coming to life studricho, :clap: looks like a fantastic fit .

Those rubber are trick, they remind me of the "Cal-look" (California Look) window rubbers we used to use on VW's years ago, the difference they make to the overall look of the car is well worth the effort.

As others have said B4, that Blue paint really is a great colour !

MT

Thanks champ!

I took these pictures in the arfternoon and that's when it seems to glow. Under fluro light at night, it looks green. I remember years ago i took it to the snow and the sun reflecting off the snow made the blue almost fluro.

There's was no way i would loose my car in that car park, i just had to follow the glow.

#122 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WvRLHBUG_mM

Link for the video on you tube. Very poor quality, but you get the idea.

#123 _panthervs_

_panthervs_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

Awesome work mate good to see it started and running well. i might be hitting you up for some advice soon cheers

#124 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

Yep, no worries. Did you get a price on half cut?

#125 _panthervs_

_panthervs_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:38 AM

Nah i have decided to use an rb30 so im just looking around atm for a suitable donor car. With getting an rb30 it just means i have more cash to spend on the body

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users