MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:11 PM

i reckon in 3-4 weeks time like oldn suggested... I might be able to save up enough cash to put some petrol in the hatch and give it a good clean!

Also where are we planning on going? Should we just use the locations Brett has used in the past?

I got good pics of my car down at Belgrave Lake Park...

#52 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:39 AM

new found word of the day

Cruise!

Definition: Drive the car for long enough to turn the choke off.

I would prefer to go for a resonable drive somewhere, not just around the corner to take some photo's.

How about Yarra Glen, Healesville, Marysville & back.
Alternative is do a complete lap and go Marysville, McMahons Point, Warburton.

From Warbburton you can go directly back through Lillydale or cut back across to Yarra Glen

I have done this a couple of times.

At Steavensons Falls in Marysville there is a free covered bbq.
The main st in M/ville would look good with a bunch of Torries lined up on it.

Just my thoughts.

Paul

Whoops, just thought the road from M/Ville to Warburton might be closed if there is snow at this time of the year, so the lap might be a problem?

Edited by LX2DR, 10 June 2006 - 12:50 AM.

#53 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:20 AM

The nicer "lap" is

Lilydale
coldstream
healsville
alexandra
yea
whittlesea
hurstbridge
greenborough
eltham
doncaster
(pancake parlour at doncaster)

I have done this many many times and the cruise is always alot of fun. The spur is one of teh best road but also one of teh most dangerous especially for motorcyclerists.. :(

Cheers

#54 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:15 AM

Lillydale? Alexandra? Yea?
A great couple of days' cruise....
No seriously..... that's a large number of K's Tim.
Although I would love to do this cruise (and I reckon we should organise it for later in the year) I think the purpose in this case is for a photo shoot....
Besides, it would take me 2 hrs to get to Lillydale to start it!!! he he he :D :tease:
OK forumers, let's lock in a date and work all other life related issues around it! :spoton:

Cruise!

See above! :rockon:

#55 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, I'm with Knoath, might be a bit of a big trip that one Tim. If we are going to be stopping a couple of times to take photos we are talking about an extra hour or even 2 added into the mix with all the farting around.

We should decide on

1) how many photo point we are going to use
2) Choose those photo points
3) Design the cruise around those locations.

Sunday is obviously a prefered day, so the dates we have are 25th, 2nd, 9th, 16th. After that I reckon we will be getting deep into bad weather so there are a few choices for ppl.

I vote 2nd or 9th.

Definitive photo points, I vote for TransDIff in Bayswater for one, what other suggestions do we have? I think 2 different locations will be enough.

Does that cover everything :D

Peace,

#56 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

Lillydale? Alexandra? Yea?
A great couple of days' cruise....
No seriously..... that's a large number of K's Tim.
Although I would love to do this cruise (and I reckon we should organise it for later in the year) I think the purpose in this case is for a photo shoot....
Besides, it would take me 2 hrs to get to Lillydale to start it!!! he he he :D :tease:
OK forumers, let's lock in a date and work all other life related issues around it! :spoton:

Cruise!

See above! :rockon:

Was not suggesting that the above suggestion was for this cruise it is just stating it is a better cruise than the marysboroughcruise. it is too short. Yes I understand it is a long cruise but man is it a nice run. I have done it a number of time and always have a smile on my face.

Cheers

PS: shevster,micksgtr, liam and a few others know what the hursbridge-yea road is like.. :D BRILLANT!

#57 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

Im with Knoath... as much as i would like an awesome cruise, this is about a photo shoot.... I rekcon we could organise a trip around bayswater, ferntree gully, boronia, up the tourist road to Mt Dandenong, then down through belgrave where we could organise a shot of our cars with Puffing Billy going past or something! underneath the bridge there....

That Way we get the industrial shots we want.. then we can get some nice cruising shots as well....

Its not a bad drive up and out to cockatoo as well.. plus lots of nice places to eat....

My vote for dates would be the 2nd or 9th, i need a bit of time to get the hatch going again, just needs to routine maintenance before it gets a run... (and also need to save up for petrol!)

#58 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:14 PM

Here is a list of people that have shown interest

LXCHEV
Shevster
Knoath
Makka
Liam
To fly
LhMusL
253ToranaSS
Chevy_253_torana
73LJWhiteSL
73lj202
LX2DR
EHGIRL
@milco@
Oldn64

Plus there is always others that want to come along and of course they are more than welcome!

I can take some pics of the locations i am suggesting next week sometime and show you guys what i mean.... (the ones in the hills!!!)

#59 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:59 PM

Hey all
Im keen depends on the date but sounds like some fun :D
Cheers
Stedz

#60 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:28 AM

iam a definate go'er, as my car was finished on the weekend, and i am keen to get cruzing!

#61 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

hey all,

seems like you guys have been busy plotting away.

I have no idea if we are free on those dates, will have to check with the boy.

Just so ya know when u wrote up that list of whos coming, remember i wont be bringing my beast, so count me and brett as one, unless he wants both his cars there, which my be too costly.

ok just looked up both car club calenders and it seems the 2nd and 9th of july are free. so lock us in eddie!!!

Basically on previous photo shoots ive been on, the less driving the better. A little bit in between or to the lunch point, but as everyone has said the photos are what we are trying to capture, not k's.

As for puffing billy matty, i know its your neck of the woods and know it better, but when i tried taking pics of my car there for our calender, i found it hard. You have to just be lucky on the day to get it. I find weekdays better for that perfect shot, otherwise you have to fight amongst, wedding cars, stopping in for that magic shot, TOURISTS, yes they always get in the way, and just remember if we have a big turnout there isnt much room for parking let alone being able to move the cars around too much.

Transdiff is defianetly a winner, every car no matter what it is, always comes up a million bucks. It is away from traffic and can hold a fair few cars. And even tho its known for its grafitti wall, there is a couple other walls down there too.

Another spot the club has had pics at is the library in ferntree gully as i was sugesting in previous posts, this holds a few areas, the bridge for individual shots, the green green grass we can sneak up onto up the back for a group shot.

so yeah theres a few spots close by which will be alot easier to duck in and out of for photo shoots.

For everyone on the other side of town, if this annoys you us sugesting local spots to you guys, im sorry. but if you want to hold maybe another day or a cruise which suits you guys go for it, we will come out your way too, its just a whole lot easier for us to sugest places that we know of, and it just so happens to be close to a few of us out this way.

ehgirl

#62 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:27 PM

If its on the 2nd I'll be flying solo, 9th my mrs will probably join us. I'll just be driving my daily crapper so don't need to be factored into all the photo's and stuff. I'm just coming along for the ride. :rockon:

Peace,

#63 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:45 AM

Just wondering if anybody's not bringing a Torana, maybe a ute or wagon, for a ladder to come along for the ride...... Always helps give a different perspective from a bit of height...?
Especially group shots.
I was gunna bring a step ladder (can fit in the hatch), but was thinking more along the lines of a 6 footer.
:spoton:

Edited by knoath, 14 June 2006 - 05:47 AM.

#64 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:50 AM

thats a good idea Dick, a shot from up high would look great.

#65 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:03 PM

There have been lots of great ideas and suggestions thrown around, keep up the good work all!

From my point of view, it seems there are plenty of people keen to do this now and not wait till Spring time, so let's give it a shot. We can still hold another huge one when Spring does come around anyway, so this one can be our practice, and it's still a good excuse for a social catchup for those who do rock up.

Soooo... I've created a separate poll for the 2 dates that have been put forward by several people - 2nd and 9th July. So please vote. In a week or so we'll see how the numbers are looking and go from there.

Please keep the suggestions and stuff coming.

The Puffing Billy idea is fantastic, but not really suited for groups. It would be ideal if you were cruising solo or only had 2 or 3 cars, but for a group I'm not aware of any decent parking areas like that typical bridge spot.

I think we should lock in Transdiff in Bayswater as one confirmed spot. I will get around to posting some pics soon I promise!! Still open for other ideas too - happy to travel a bit but just not ages between stops....

#66 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:48 PM

So bayswater, then maybe somewhere in FTG like the pool room carpark or something... they have some good concrete barriers and stuff... i wonder wat some shots out near Upper Gully Train Station would look like? there is that dirt car park near hte crossing signals?

Then do we want more industrial or more scenic?

#67 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:46 PM

with regards to ladders, who needs them. So far everytime i need a ladder, i just ask brett to hoist me up on his shoulders and i get to take some kool pics, altho its not exactly stable, hehe, silly boy wobbles around. A small ladder is still good and nice and compact. If no one has one, there is always something found around the places, from a bin, to some piled up stuff.

#68 _SXCLX_

_SXCLX_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:06 PM

Im sorry i cant really suggest any cool spots......... but just tell me where and when and im there!

Thats right deb.... im coming and actually bringing the car out! Im still buzzing after that fast and sideways trip in LXCHEV at easternats..... so gotta get out there and join in the crusing...

Hope all the planning goes well... and will see you there when you decide a date and place :)

Cheers,
SXCLX

#69 _J&S Racing_

_J&S Racing_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:13 PM

What about the big oval opposite the Arboretum in FTG, there is plenty of area for a lot of cars e.g. group shots, it has a large and nice green grass area.

#70 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:45 AM

Yeah thats another good spot for pics!

If we made the Ferntree Gully/ The pool room the last stop.. we could go to one of hte pubs along there for lunch...

How many spots do we want to take pics from?

i think brett should post some pics he has taken from these locations...

#71 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:51 AM

As i was driving to work i was thinking of some other elements we could incorporate in the photos....

We want good contrast between the Foreground (the car) and the background... which works well when we use concrete... it makes hte colourfull car stand out...

Painted gaffiti walls work well because it makes hte whole composition of the photo look interesting....

Signage in the photo is another thing that will make the photo look a Million bucks!!!

a HIGH VOLTAGE Sign or something will make for a sweet photo if we can get it in with your car... (give the impression of POWER!!)

Maybe a No Tresspassing sign? Gives across the image of your car being a Bad Arse!!!

Maybe No Thru Road or Road Closed sign??

Also Cruising pics? where the car is in focus but the background isnt!

Have a flick through your SM mags and see how they make the cars come up really good...

Sometimes if there is a layer or water on the ground and some other lights around this gives it a really good effect....

If u have a pic or something u love out of a magazine. or a poster u really like let me/us know and im sure we can work out how to do it (white background ones are hard as we dont have a nice big warehouse studio)

Anyway just some of my thought proccess...

#72 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:58 AM

This is getting serious!
Hey Deb, you reckon I could get on Brett's shoulders? LOFL! We'd look like a toffee apple!! He he he.
I'll bring the step ladder!

#73 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

Serious is the right word! How much are we going to have to pay our photographer? Do we have to bring our own reflection boards? :D

#74 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:14 PM

Here are some examples of previous Eastside Cruisers photoshoots at Transdiff to give a quick idea:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I reckon it is a fantastic wall. So colourful. Works really well on a sunny day, especially with bright coloured cars.....

#75 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

Here is another wall we found in Ferntree Gully:

Posted Image
Posted Image