Photo

[Melb] Torana Forum Photo Shoot

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#76 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:57 AM

I have to say it and I am suited up guys but doesnt the EH look far meaner than the torry? Really comeon....... Hmm, wonder whether I will have a holden to show by the piccy day.. :S

Cheers

#77 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

Good spots brett! I had a flick through SM and noticed a trend with the car shots....

A lot of them shot them in front of Grey Cement Walls, Garages or on an Outback Road...

The Garage ones where normally like big nice white painted walls etc

The Cement walls were normally grey and very industrial looking ( and also had lots of Black tyre lines on the ground)

And the Outback ones were nomally shot late in the day (a very warm yellow light) with a very blue sky ( we can up the contrast in our pics to give this more emphasis)

So Maybe we could Start around bayswater at trans diff... Move our way down to ferntree gully for some more pics... Also grab a bite to eat at one of hte pubs along Burwood Hwy There. Then maybe Cruise Down Lysterfield road and maybe to berwick to find a nice spot to get some secluded shots in the afternoon.... I know this one spot on Harkaway road next to a footy oval that gets an awesome looking sunset over it, it also has a fire station and one of those truck cleaning bays which could make a car look a million bucks....

Just some thoughts. maybe i could take the HQ down there one afternoon and see how they come up...

#78 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:29 AM

253ToranaSS wrote

Cruise Down Lysterfield road and maybe to berwick

:blink:
Do I bring a cut lunch and a compass? :blink:
And is the accomodation 5 star? :blink:
Berwick to Craigieburn = 2hr+... just to get home!!!
Man, I gotta move to the Eastern Burbs!!! :spoton:

#79 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

We will quite happily have you Knoath.... :D

Too much good stuff over this side.. ;)

Cheers

PS: Besides Craigburn is the last place before you exit melbourne? are you trying to say something? I mean Swampy has already decided to leave us!

#80 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

yeah move to the east! Then u can come party with me and Makka more often! Cohen sae the light and move to Melbourne! Cragieburn is practically country!

#81 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:48 PM

I have to say it and I am suited up guys but doesnt the EH look far meaner than the torry? Really comeon....... Hmm, wonder whether I will have a holden to show by the piccy day.. :S

Cheers

Thats a silly question on a Torana forum....

Maybe try the EH forum with that one? :tease: :rockon:

#82 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:51 PM

move down here, its not that hard, even I managed to do it!
the beer is cheaper down here too!

#83 _micksgtr_

_micksgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:21 PM

well alli can say is i work in campbellfield and as far as i no its the capital of tough cars in melbourne people.......sorry but i was at pro axle today on the hume highway way, one side was a 650hp lx and the other was a 10's harley......and a shit load of other beasts...............
and its the second last suburb before u leave melbourne

#84 _MRSLR_

_MRSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:39 PM

Hi Guys,

Any chance meeting closer to the Northern Suburbs for the photo shoot?? Sum really TUFF Toranas live down here...and I own one of them....lol
cheeeers :tease:

#85 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:06 PM

Could we start somewhere, then meet halfway maybe? if some of you guys in the north know of some spots, maybe we could have two seperate photo shoots, then meet up and finish somewhere in the middle for lunch and a final photo shoot?

Im just thinking out loud!

#86 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:57 AM

We tried this last time and tried to include everyone. In teh end no one turned up and three vehicles had a great day. So if history repeats itself then only the eastern guys will turn up anyway.. :S

Cheers

#87 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:59 AM

Thats a silly question on a Torana forum....

Maybe try the EH forum with that one? :tease: :rockon:

Pull the massive log out of your eye mate it is clouding your judgement, and distroying your view..... ROFL

Cheers

#88 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:08 AM

Remember a few years back (cough.....maybe a decade or two.....cough) when almost every tough car was built in Thomastown? (Just down the road)
Ahhhhhhh, the good ol' days.... when HQ Coupes and GTR XU-1s ruled the streets with nothing more than a fluffy dice or two and a pair of Aviator Sunnies hanging from your T-Shirt collar!!!
I swear, Running on Empty shoulda been filmed there!!
Waaaay to go, Maaaaaate!!!

And I'll be coming to the photo shoot.

#89 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:25 AM

so have we worked out where we are going?

#90 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:33 AM

I have had a bit of a hiccup.... Last night was out driving and my front wheel fell off... ripping in half my front flare.... im ok and it is only minor damage, lucky i was going only 5-10kph.... The flare bolted back on but has a split through the middle and flaked off the paint, so i might just have to do a bodgy repair and not photograph that side in the shots.....

I have a feeling someone may have attemped to steal my wheels, loosened them then realised i had lock nuts... Cos it was only one wheel with loose nuts...

Anyway i should post some pics of the damage.... I am just amazed all i had to do was jack it up, put the wheel back on and drive home... No damage to the disc rotor or anything... Im counting my lucky stars that i wasnt going faster or the car would have been a write off.... Not a good feeling...

#91 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:36 AM

I have had a bit of a hiccup.... Last night was out driving and my front wheel fell off... ripping in half my front flare.... im ok and it is only minor damage, lucky i was going only 5-10kph.... The flare bolted back on but has a split through the middle and flaked off the paint, so i might just have to do a bodgy repair and not photograph that side in the shots.....

I have a feeling someone may have attemped to steal my wheels, loosened them then realised i had lock nuts... Cos it was only one wheel with loose nuts...

Anyway i should post some pics of the damage.... I am just amazed all i had to do was jack it up, put the wheel back on and drive home... No damage to the disc rotor or anything... Im counting my lucky stars that i wasnt going faster or the car would have been a write off.... Not a good feeling...

Not good to here there Matty. Did the tyre rest on the guard or fall off completely? Check things over to make sure, often there might be things there that appear to be good but arnt, check it out.

Cheers

#92 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:42 AM

it fell off completely, just dinted under where the flare is and crack through the flare, i had My GF's dad to look at it and he knows old holdens like the back of his hand, and couldnt see any other probs... im just counting myself very lucky!

#93 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:54 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is it half fixed, just re-attached... maybe put some paint on it and it will hide it enough until i have time to fix it properly...

Posted Image

#94 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:00 AM

Dont worry about it too much it is only the passenger side and thus you will never see it... unless of course you actually do open the door for your GF????

Cheers

#95 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

thats a good one Tim!

it looks a lot better than the pictures I had in my head afyer you told me about it!

#96 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

pffft... she is a big girl, she can open her own door! lol

Yeah well when it was sitting there on its disc in the middle of the road it looked a lot worse as well, once i got it home and tidyed it up i realised how lucky i was to get away with that little damage and also not to be injured!

#97 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hmm, looks like you were very lucky Matt. No gambling for a couple of weeks, you've used up all your luck I reckon!

Hey! who said its us who's got the log in our eye Tim, how come you only have the speck? hehe

At this stage, I think we have just had a spanner in the works with the requests from other suburbs. How many ppl are actually interested in coming from far away? Knoath is already making the trip to the good side of town, if there is only 1 or 2 others interested then it may not be worth us changing our plans (no offence). If we are talking about an extra 10 cars then hey, we can come up with something to allow as many ppl to be involved as possible. Am I on the right track?

#98 _MRSLR_

_MRSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:14 PM

Hi Guys,

As I will try my hardest to attend this photo shoot...Working at Rare Spares is really keeping us busy on the weekends with the new Super Store, which is now trading 7 days a week. Has the date been confirmed? Has the run(route) been organised? Can I have the details of start and finish destinations and anything in the middle...
Cheeeers :D

#99 _MRSLR_

_MRSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:19 PM

Sorry Guys forgot to mention.....how the F@#*^%do you post pictures on this site? I have tried to put in my user pic and still nothing....I'm not winning at this...
Cheeeers Again.. :cry:

#100 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:02 AM

Far out Matt, so glad to hear you didn't get up to high speed before the wheel came off, sheeeeeesh!!!! That's a very low act if someone did try to steal the wheels/loosen them off. Just glad it wasn't worse.

As for this cruise/photo shoot, I had planned to try to arrange some ideas, cruise info, but just haven't had the time. Work and car club stuff are both real hectic right now. We still have a couple of weeks to try and get something sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users