an r33 skyline with some balls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

#151 _Shayde_

_Shayde_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

tuf73: Very good point :)
The people I'm talking about are the ones that take it personally.
I love Toranas and I love Skylines also. I'll admit my skyline has a lot of wank (read: rice) on it. :P But it's hard the dollars spent on performance and backs it up :)

Edited by Shayde, 15 November 2006 - 10:21 PM.

#152 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

Shayde. It is only Chevy that "hates" jap cars lol.

Toddles. 4WD? In a holden. As if it wasn't heavy enough. They have a Coupe4, that is essentially a 2 Door AWD Clubsport, maybe a comparison should be done between the two and let that decide once and for all. Oh and straight lines are only part of the test...the first corner will seperate the fast cars from the rest. Think MX-5's are slow in a straight line? Me and a friend hired an MX-5 recently to take to Wakefield park. We were whipping skylines asses and all manner of 'faster' cars through corners. Sure the faster ones would catch up, but only on the very last straight and only until the big right hander at the other side =p .. 1.8 Litres?

Japs know how to have fun =p. They have a lot of mountains over there, Australia has highways and deserts. I think I know where they get their designing cues from, Ironically we have the "best" Mountain in the world and our road cars aren't really designed to go around it with finesse. Though I read the new HSV GTS whipped the FPV GT-P up the mountain at Bathurst. I'm still waiting till they compare it to a 2001 Skyline GTR up the same mountain. Though it might make die hard Holden fans too angry.

J

#153 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:26 PM

hmm to me personally no need for corners just straight drags show a true car

honestly though i see the rice burner field as little boys who cannot handle real cars horsepower

the only holden setup ive seen and really taken my hat off too is a vh commodore in my town with a 308 vn heads and a centrifugal blower

that things power was sickening almost as sickening as my mates camaro
everygear the rear end jumped out and stayed out!

and some of you think how can he judge a rice burner as hes probably never even been in one well
ive been in a r32 skyline gtst
r32 GTR twin turbo 4wd
subaru wrx thats capable of 12s
i admit if i was after a cornering car the skyline gtr would be it as you cannot lose control!

but they just dont seem to have the torque like our 65 chev which is a 350 v8 supercharged thats beaten skylines xr8s gts clubsports ss commondores and a supra ( and rememeber they werent made light these cars weighing in the same as a vt commodore )

jbird i reckon if holden make another 4wd car theyl need shooting the last ones i havent heard of since theyre realease
i havent even seen a coupe4 let alone any articles on them
the 4wd systems are simply too much weight for the holdens

its quite simple really they are using forced indction which straight away gives these cars a hell alot more torque than some v8s the anwser? lets just play the ricers game by sloting in a centrifugal or an underbonnet supercharger

not only will it be faster but will last longer and be cheaper

#154 _LX_SS_

_LX_SS_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

and some of you think how can he judge a rice burner as hes probably never even been in one well
ive been in a r32 skyline gtst
r32 GTR twin turbo 4wd
subaru wrx thats capable of 12s
i admit if i was after a cornering car the skyline gtr would be it as  you cannot lose control!

that is a very bold statement, cannot lose control shows just how much you know about those cars, the gtr is one of the worse cars i know of to be very unpredicatable in the wrong hands due to its vicious tank slap. its more violent than i've seen from any other car.

#155 _Golden VL_

_Golden VL_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:46 PM

At the end of the day, it's all personal choice.

I really couldn't give a shit if my VL gets shat on by every single Jap 4 and 6 around, performance and build quality wise, because I still like them.

Just like LJs, LHs and LXs which are my 3 favourite Torries. Plenty of cars would whoop them, but I'd still take one anyday of the week.

What I hate is morons that think just because a certain car is quicker or whatever compared to another car, that it's the overall better car.

Take example a R33 Skyline. Go faster and handle better then any VL or early model Commodore/Torrie out of the box, but are ugly as sin.

To me there's more to cars then just performance. Alot of Aussie cars shit on Jap cars for class and style anyway.

(Of course this is just opinion)

#156 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:25 PM

the only reason why i was drawn to lc lj toranas really was performance form a v8 being light weight but have came to admire there shape however the design is no better than anything else originating from england!

after being in a commodore with a 355 belting around corners and sliping out you realise how much extra grip is available with the gtrs
my mate was absoulutely hammering it around corners wheelspin and all and it wouldnt step out at all! however i still prefer v8s though i dont mind the engine sides of thing for some of the 6 cyl nissans etc may i have to repeat engines!

#157 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

I really couldn't give a shit if my VL gets shat on by every single Jap 4 and 6 around, performance and build quality wise, because I still like them.

And I'm the same with my UC's. My drag UC won't be the fastest car on earth, but so what? I'm only doing it for fun.* Same with the street UC and my WB van. I like them, which is why I bought them. They will never be show winners and I don't care about that either.

* Isn't that what all drag racers said at the start?

#158 _Shayde_

_Shayde_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:04 PM

hmm to me personally no need for corners just straight drags show a true car

honestly though i see the rice burner field as little boys who cannot handle real cars horsepower

Wow, how you're so wrong... You are VERY one eyed :)
I think you'll find these "rice burners" have huge amounts of horse power.
ND4SPD, an R32 GTR dynod at 900HP. Yeah, ol' Ant can't handle real horsepower.
You're unnecessarily stereotyping and generalising. And quite honestly, your opinions are very uninformed and biased by your single eye.
A single 400 meter stretch doesn't doesn't "show a true car". Everything a car can do and how well it does it "shows a true car". You have the tiniest pin hole vision out of one eye I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing.
Have fun, Cyclops :)

One question though, Cyclops.. What's the different between "import horsepower and "real cars" horsepower? Or are you just trying to tell us you're really stupid?

#159 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

meh your the ones driving around in cars made from *RACIST REMARK REMOVED BY TINY* so it doesnt bother me

sure the engines can make that power ... but how long do they last ?? that is the real question

my mate has a hq coupe and has had about 7 v8s in it over the last 20 years
last enigne he redlined every 5800 rpm every shift

if that was a 6 cyl he probably would have doubled that in the amount of engines

#160 _Shayde_

_Shayde_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

Wtf mate? These engines are very well built. Both of mine have been very reliable. One VERY modified and one unmodified. Both drive like a dream.
Your question is completely unnecessary also.
Reading your post, you're just a racist scum bag and you keep showing me you are indeed how I described you. A tunnel visioned Cyclops.
Your mate keeps changing V8s? Why? Your comment about your really cool mate doesn't make any sense whatsoever. His V8s keep blowing up? He likes to waste money on motors? What? Try make a point please.
And stop being such a racist bguckwit.
You only dislike "ricers" or as I like to call them "high performance imports" is because they're a very established competitor with impressive technology in their cars.
Wake up, Cyclops. You're a twit and you can't even see it. If me driving a car made by a [insert racist remark here about the upstanding Japanese] didn't bother you, you wouldn't take everything so personally. If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't HATE HPI vehicles.
Know your enemy. You clearly have NO understanding about imports whatsoever. Just that "you've been in one".
Guaranteed, I've probably driven a damn sight more cars that you have and have the experience to back up what I say.
Have fun, brick wall :) Whoops, I mean Cyclops!

Edit: Haha, I just read you are in Year 11. It makes sense now :) You're just stupid and young! All is forgiven, my young racist Cyclops!

Edited by Shayde, 16 November 2006 - 09:59 PM.

#161 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

Shayde Chill out thats ure view U think jap cars are all that and some people dont thats the way it is everyone thinks and see things different Me myself are a v8 man. u like ure Japenese cars thats cool I dont and a few others dont Anyway For a streeter i dont know why people want super fast cars u get caught doing 40km over the limit there goes ure licence screw that. i respec rice but In my view i like V8 muscle better

#162 _Shayde_

_Shayde_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

I'm always chilled out, my friend. I'm poking fun at Cyclops and pointing out the truth (about him and his attitude) at the same time. He took the bait again. Zero respect for racists. I'm the epitome of chill ;)

#163 _Monkey_

_Monkey_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:35 PM

.....GROUP HUG..... :P

#164 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:30 AM

Last few pages really emphasises why this rice/jap cars vs old school/v8's can never be settled! Funny to read. Both groups of cars have thier advantages and disadvantages and loyal supporters! It's ok to like them both types for different reasons I think... :rolleyes:

#165 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:04 AM

the only reason why i was drawn to lc lj toranas really was performance form a v8 being light weight but have came to admire there shape however the design is no better than anything else originating from england!

Obviously never been in a Sunbeam tiger??? Nor a Mini? Two examples of great British engineering, but again generalisation. Sometimes speed is not the best means of measurement, maybe it is the ability to generate a smile that should be the focus.

My Gazelle, HG, VH, VB, Galant, super minx, P3 , EH all make me smile, and others too. It may not be a thing for everyone, but hey, plenty of questions get asked by some of them..

Last few pages really emphasises why this rice/jap cars vs old school/v8's can never be settled! Funny to read. Both groups of cars have thier advantages and disadvantages and loyal supporters! It's ok to like them both types for different reasons I think... :rolleyes:

What would you know about little jap cars and engineering.. :D :<_<: ROFL

Cheers

#166 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:15 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yBz8Hc5MO0c
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z8XcE7-Ixq8

^ RX7's with a difference

#167 SamBam

SamBam

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

shayde u have guts to come in here, display a skyline in dp, and pretty show that u arent a torrie person, so what are u doin in here? this a torana forum with blokes who are real men who will drive real cars. if we are racist well thats our nature. and maybe thats os of asain gangs n people trying to own the place, well how bout they shut up leave us aussies alone.
maybe chevy 253 is showing that the way his mate pushes the car to the limit therefore their engines packs up. but say he doesnt push it n just cruises, whoes motor will last longer. the V6's n V8's will last a good 20 years or more if looked after, whereas a jap engine will be half that lifetime.
aussie cars are built tough to go tough.
no one is a cyclops, otherwise that will make u one too. and is technology really everything? and all that hoo ha? not all the time my friend.
old school will forever be cool.

#168 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

Alright.

This has gone far enough and i'm going to settle it once and for all.

Firstly to Shayde ( who i think i remember as a member of these forums from some time ago when he did own a torana??) I would like to thank you for the way in which you put your point forward. I think you chose your words well.

UNLIKE CHEVY 253 and Sammy.ss.

Chevy. PULL YOUR HEAD IN. Or should that be... out of your ass. Ive read only the last 3 pages here and your posts are so one eyes, and so derogatory that ive had to remove one EXTREMELY racist comment and i shake my head in disbelief at how narrow minded these posts make you sound. We can all see that you do not like "jap" cars ( funny how so few are MADE in japan any more) and how V8s are the ONLY way. Please don't bring this up again, and if i see another racist or derogatory remark from you again you WILL be banned.

Sammy.ss: You need to wake up too. You should NOT pay out on Shayde as you obviously do not know the guy, nor his background. He is completely within his right to back up his side of the debate as he has.

Oh and before i get labeled as a closet "ricer".... You need to take a good hard look at some of the massively powerful machinery that is being driven, raced and yes.. blown up at every race track, racing circuit, street and DRAG STRIP and take not of what's powering it.
Oh... Twin Turboed LC toranas running 6s? WHO IS AT THE FOREFRONT OF TURBO DEVELOPMENT!?!?! The people YOU call Rice you fool.
Wake up to yourself. These comments and attitude will NOT be tolerated on this forum

Enough has been said on this topic.
:lock:

#169 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:39 PM

I Just recieved a PM from Sammy.SS. He has apologised for his comments, and the Pm is below and in full.

*Begin Paste*
tiny i would like to apologise for my bad post i did couple days ago in general interests. i was out of line, n i got a bit carried away. i did not know he was a fellow torana owner, n i had no right to say what i did. im not usually like that, it was one of those days. after reading what i said n reading your post, i agree with u, n im embarraced at what i said.
i promise to think before i speak in future,
thanks
sam
*End Paste*

I'd like to thank Sammy for being man enough to apologise and realise when wrong has been done.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users