#26 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:59 AM

I belive that Ebay is in the Australia Square Building in Sydney's CBD. And yes i too heard that someone went in there and threatened them with legal action about defamation and the comment was removed.

Anyway i hope it works itself out!!

#27 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:08 PM

I really dont give a shit about what one person thinks of me..Just thought it was really Fu...n rude of him to leave negative feedback for me when his bloody email link on ebay does not even work and that i explained to him when i was going on holidays. One person will not bring me down Trust me. Just jacked right off. This bloke will get his day as every dog does.

#28 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:24 PM

Feedback comments on ebay present a problem, ive resisted leaving -ve feedback for some of the smaller purchases ive made(items not new as described, or not even as described and the seller refuses stubbornly to do anything about it claiming that an item in good condition is the same thing as new when challenged about the item, Ive just let the matter drop, unless they have left their feedback already. The possibility of -ve retaliatory feedback dropping my perfect rating was not worth the $10 to $20 purchase price. Ebay says it will deal with that sort of thing, but given the problems with communication with them one tries to avoid incidents rather than fix them.

#29 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:40 PM

i usually wait until theyve left me feedback before i leave them feedback, just in case.

had a guy leave me bad feedback for a $5 eh fuel cap, i kept sending emails asking for payment details but never got a responce, hence i didnt pay him.
luckily i got onto him and we mutually withdrew the bad feedback.

A1

#30 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:56 PM

There must be some reason why I never have and never will register with Ebay. I much prefer putting cash straight into the hand of a Torana Forum member.

#31 _Roadknight_

_Roadknight_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:50 PM

I had a similar unjustified negative feedback also.

Won a carby, contacted the seller who replied only once saying come to my place (local) and pick it up and leave the cash as he would be away for a week.

Great deal I was happy with that!

The prat would not reply to any more emails or answer his phone for over a month.
All I wanted was his address!

Then he had the chhek to give negative feedback saying I had cost him money and time.

My car sat in the shed with a gap in the manifold and he felt hard done by.

Ebay stated that they would not remove the feedback as it was not a serious breach and not discriminating.

#32 _mike_nofx_

_mike_nofx_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:09 PM

The way feedback is supposed to work is that the seller leaves feedback first when money is recieved, then the buyer leaves feedback when the item is recieved. This rarely happens.
eBay should make it that somehow the seller is FORCED to leave feedback once payment is recieved. if not recieved or money recieved very late then leave neg.
If paypal is used then its easy for ebay to know when buyer pays (to force feedback from seller).
Then buyer must leave feedback when item is recieved.

Its just an idea.

I have on MANY occasions not left neg feedback on crappy items which deserve a neg, because the seller wont leave me a positive first (I always pay immediatly). If i leave a neg first, then chances are i will get a neg even tho i dont deserve it.

one of ebays many flaws

#33 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

Sorry to say.. but Ebay sux.

Ive not bought anything off it.. and i'll try not to!

It seems WAY too flawed for me to feel safe using it.

Ahh well...
I'll leave negative feedback on coppergaskets... cause he's ALWAYS been a tool. shame teh feedback is only on here...

Cheers

#34 _bon_scott_

_bon_scott_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:11 AM

i was selling my racing pocket bike on ebay earlier this year, some guy did the buy it now thing for $350 (absolute bargin, cost at least $600 just in parts) then later sends me an email saying he's in QLD (i'm in NSW) saying he didn't read the ad and could i please post it, if not then i could leave neg feedback on him. i wrote back saying that to post it would cost $250. apparently this would make it cost more than a new one up there. i left neg feedback only to see he's done the same, saying i was a poor communicator and expected to much from him :angry:
do not buy from teamfurious4u <---something like that anyway

#35 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:25 AM

Obviously the feedback rating is valued. When i see an item im interested in bidding on and the feedback rating is not 100% I want to know why, was it simply retaliatory or unrealistic buyer or a pattern/bad practice that they have selling a particular type of item? Some people buy stuff that either through ignorance or complancency are happy with it, and perhaps only a few realise that the product is not quite what it should be and these could be the 1% or less that make up the -ve feedback for a buyer, I want to be able to see this easily
This is not easy to find out on ebay if the seller has over 100 transactions. Ive asked ebay why it isnt possible to find all the -ve responses on one page. Their response was any rating over 90% is excellent and should give you no troubles.
Cant say i agree with that!

Edited by devilsadvocate, 28 December 2005 - 07:26 AM.

#36 _IPRALC4Door_

_IPRALC4Door_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:34 AM

While I no longer use ebay, I'll agree with Devilsadvocate in saying that you should be able to find all negatives on a seller with one search. It's a pain in the arse digging through 1000 transactions.

While a 90% rating on someone with 10000 transactions is pretty good, I'm not sure a 90% on someone with only 10 is as good.

It's far too easy to just give retaliatory negatives, and that's the main problem with it.

#37 _EvilGTR_

_EvilGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:01 AM

After selling and buying many items on Ebay (I think I have about 251 feedback) I would have to agree with many of the comments made on here. Ebay provides a forum to show what you have to sell to many more people than trading Post online or any other on-line venture (having tried many other sites). I too have had a neg feedback experience - same old story, guy wasn't happy with what he recieved and threw a neg feedback on... so I did the same for him.

Ebay are not at all interested in working out disputes, they just sit there and collect the cash for providing the service and doing nothing. It irritates me sure.... but I couldn't find half the stuff I have bought for my torrie without Ebay - cause most of the New Old Stock parts are going straight to Ebay now, not to the swap meets here in Vic (trust me I go to all of them). Ebay provides a service and nothing more. Pipjones I would satisfy yourself by adding a comment to his feedback on you to explain your actions to future buyers. Think about it like this though.... if you really wanted an item would you let the fact that the seller has neg feedback on him already get in the way of bidding on it? Not likely, I couldn't care less.

Cheers, EvilGTR

Edited by EvilGTR, 28 December 2005 - 08:02 AM.

#38 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:05 AM

I buy a few things off ebay and the sellers never give you feedback until you give them , which is not how it is supposed to work .And another thing why list it on ebay if you live a 1000 klms from anywhere and themn say pickup only , wonder why the get nothing for it , unless you provide postage it should not be on there , also direct deposit , if you have some obscure building society dont put on that you can pay like that , i have one at moment Police credit union we dont have that out side capitol cities , so think before listing saves trpubles , TREX

#39 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:07 AM

After all the warnings that have been on both this forum and the previous one, why would anyone buy anything from Copper2Gaskets/Hillbilly etc.

I find this rather amusing.

#40 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:15 PM

After all the warnings that have been on both this forum and the previous one, why would anyone buy anything from Copper2Gaskets/Hillbilly etc.

I find this rather amusing.

ouch :blink:

touche

I buy and sell on E-Bay and generally have had good experiences. I got burnt on some stuff I sold to a guy in Argentina, he gave me negative feedback without even emailing me to let me know there was a problem. I refunded his money (it wasnt much) and he withdrew the feedback. On advice from Aussie Post I no longer post to south america.

i have been watching a lot of copper2gaskets stuff on E-Bay, his sales are bizarre to say the least, he puts things on, removes them then relists and the prices go up and down like a yo-yo. His photo angles are somewhat selective as well. One rule with E-Bay I guess is if your not sure about the seller or the item, don't buy it, another will come along..........

#41 _EvilGTR_

_EvilGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:09 PM

And another thing... had an email from another member regarding some dodgy proxy bidding going on (he had seen I was bidding on an item)... turns out the same guy had two ebay accounts and was buying and selling his own items when he wasn't happy with the price of bidding before auction closes... weird, considering you pay a final value fee.... that's Ebay though...

I never give feedback till I have received it from the buyer... that's how it seems to work... often alot of people chose not to respond with feedback at all. I actually had one guy who sent me something which was not exactly as described - so i didn't give feedback - but he emailed me about a month later reminding me to leave feedback a couple of times! (against the rules too!).

Ah Ebay, what fun.

EvilGTR

#42 _4door_LJ_

_4door_LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:57 PM

I have a feedback rating of 50 at 100% & haven't had a bad experience........yet!
Some items from copper2gaskets have caught my eye before, thankfully I didn't win them.
I certainly wont be bidding on anything of his from now on. <_<

#43 _Kevin_

_Kevin_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:59 AM

I was pissed off when I received a neutral rating, feels like your once flawless reputation has been tarnished!
The standoff between seller and buyer to leave feedback is ridiculous, as soon as you receive item/payment appropriate feedback should be left.
And if you don't want to use Ebay's service, it's your loss, the positve transactions far outweigh the bad.

#44 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:31 PM

I withdraw all comments about Copper2Gaskets as we have both agreed to have our negative feedbacks removed and he was the instagater in this happening. And to show how good a bloke i really am, i am going to go along with the original purchase..There are happy endings after all.

#45 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:43 PM

good to hear!

#46 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:26 PM

Indeed, fantastic news

#47 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,000 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:03 PM

If it's any consolation, I bought an LJ grill badge off e-bay Tuesday night, the bloke sent me a message within 1/2 hr of sale saying he would mail it in the morning. He mailed it before I had paid for it and it only cost me $22.50inc postage. It arrived Thursday morning. His name is fastlh and he is highly recommended and has lots of stuff for sale.
RACV MAN

Edited by rodomo, 29 December 2005 - 10:04 PM.

#48 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:37 PM

Haha mate, that unbelievable. I just hope everyone treats him as well as he treats others by the sound of it!

Edited by Heath, 29 December 2005 - 10:38 PM.

#49 _EvilGTR_

_EvilGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:55 AM

As a seller I would never send anything before I had received money for it. Sometimes I have waited up to a month for payment from some people - and have been told the item was not recieved in order that the buyer could get a refund to either get their item for free or a new one posted. Makes me want to send all Ebay stuff registered... of course they always suddenly change their mind when you can produce a reciept and number and offer to scan and email it to them... then the item mysteriously turns up.

I have experienced this a few times now and so have some of my friends who have, from time to time, sold Torrie parts on Ebay. There are so many dodgy people out there, it makes it that much harder for the honest people....

Cheers, EvilGTR

#50 _ToranaGuy_

_ToranaGuy_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:09 PM

Glad to hear it sounds like a happy ending to the drama.

When i sell anything on ebay or online forums, i will always send it reg, and i try to get the sellers to send it to me reg, then you have a tracking number if they say it didn't arrive, and not to mention insurance of atleast $100, leaving me not liable for someone lieing about it not turning up or it not really turning up. It's on 2.65 for the first $100. For expensive items like my turbo kit, i send via courier, sure it costs be the courier has insurance and is way faster than aus post. Also a lot better parcel tracking as well.

Cheeers

ToranaGuy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users