monster tacho?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 _ianshere_

_ianshere_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:40 PM

just a quick post. 1 quick lj i didnt ignore your post about the price on the digital tachometer/shiftlight. There has been a recent price change with my new negotiations and i am awaiting the new price i am getting it will be cheaper so it is all good. I will send you an instant message once i know about the price. If your interested i can get a great range of aftermarket gauges that are very shmick. tiny can vouch for that lol. I do have minimum order quanity's but this isnt a problem as i am working on a deal with the manufacturers so that i can place 2 types of orders one being for the large retail company's and one for orders off of forums or websites. I am expecting a price for the digital tacho's early next week so i will send you a pm and give you the information.

#52 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

Schmick Guages indeed! I'm re-considering my Autometer dash! Decisions decisions!!

DA: I agree with you on the oil issue too.. I like to crank the engine over untill the oil pressure hits 10-20Psi.. At least that way i know ive got oil in all the right spots before the pistons get a big whack from the combustion pressures.
I do it Especially easily if the car has sat for a while by switching off the fuel pump before i crank it.. then fire the pump and prime the carb ( two pumps on the gas pedal).

Cheers1

#53 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

i honestly can say that you can even "feel" when to shift. i cant say iv driven longer then others (bout 8 -10 years) but thats how i was taught. to listen and feel, and most of the time i feel something in my motor before i can hear it (a slight vibration, or odd idle vibration) fair enuff some people need shift lights and stuff, but even when i race speedway, i can still manage a couple seconds to look at my gauges. and thats with my helmet and balaclava and earplugs on

#54 _1TUFSLR_

_1TUFSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

is there enough room to bolt it to the driverside pillar??? ive been told theres not enough room so there fore i had to mount it onto my steering column

#55 _wabbit_

_wabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

you can 'feel' when to shift and it will work fine.

but you're never going to win a night at the drags with inconsistent times.

yes, shift lights and oversized tachos that show double the engines rpm capability are a wank on the street, but they have their purposes.
except for the 11,000 rpm tacho on the excel- that's just stupid

#56 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

Lol! ^ My daily driver has a factory 12,000 rpm tacho! And it's only 0.6 litre :D

#57 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:19 PM

what's the max rpm youve had it to? ^

#58 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:16 PM

So far only 9000 :)

#59 _Bigmac123_99_

_Bigmac123_99_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:56 AM

hey guys, i am currently building a custome console that sits down in front of the auto shifter. has angeled monster and room for 3 2 1/8" (wateva size the small ones are).is a good place i feel because you cant see it from outside the car, this helps because a monster tacho is a dead giveaway for hoons for the poilce.
is coming along well, will posts ome pics when it is done.

#60 _why-psi_

_why-psi_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:29 PM

toranas came with a tach mount from factory :P (if u had a column shift) use the boss on the steering column and bolt the mounting ring thru the hole that the pin for the shift lever went thru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users