xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

Your statement is incorrect it reads " we're fortunate to be issue with two of Harry's Firth race turn Bathurst special LJ xu1 Torana's
This can be view on classic pursuit vehicle register under Barry Hayston memories 22/9/15 see the statement yourself it's a good read
As for the Ariel there is only three position they where installed where your Ariel is mount there no chance the AWA radio would work and the photo you used is a angle shot if it was a side shot you would see the 500mm from wind screen

I am sure on the Classic Pursuit Vehicle page, Mr. Barry Hayston says that Harry prepped the two GTR's for there police station, ummm two of harry firth race tuned cars still means harry did them does it not ??????. Looks like in standard position to me in that photo.

#127 RM125n

RM125n

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Car:TORANA

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:17 PM

Mr. Veles who is a Ex Police Officer told me about a Pink V8 GTR at a Police Auction with the 308 V8 and 4 Speed sitting in front of it and the car had no rego, his friend bought the GTR, So he says.

attachicon.gifOfficer Veles.JPG

At nsw police auction they also sold private cars as well so this car could have been own privately and officer though it was a police car
where is the documentation on your car with NSW POLICE on top of letter head or a letter from HOLDEN saying your car was on loan to the nsw POLICE where is it just a simple request
The thing you have shown me can be classed as hearsay in a court of law

#128 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:26 PM

At nsw police auction they also sold private cars as well so this car could have been own privately and officer though it was a police car
where is the documentation on your car with NSW POLICE on top of letter head or a letter from HOLDEN saying your car was on loan to the nsw POLICE where is it just a simple request
The thing you have shown me can be classed as hearsay in a court of law

So you calling Ex Police Officer Veles a LIER, as he said it was a Ex Police Car ????? I showed u stuff on here mate believe it or not, where is your Ex Police Car photos, I have on my FB messages these conversations with these Ex Police guys, believe what you like.

#129 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

From the FB page on these Harry Firth Prepped CarsAttached File  Screenshot (199).png   849.59K   0 downloads

#130 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

I tend to agree with Al, Al has shown everything you have asked for Rim..   Where is the proof that the arials only go in 3 spots as you say... 

TB made the claim that Al was Passive Aggressive ?? (must be some new fangled name for some disorder) but then we all have some type of issue... but he is,  and has only been upfront and helpful with his information IMO... 

I'm just wondering what Rim is trying to achieve, are you trying to help find answers on the Police Torana's puzzle, or just trying to cast doubt on what Al has to say ??..

cheers ..  :)

#131 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,061 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Off topic just for a moment. Have you seen the LC V8 at post #10847 in the Random picture thread Al? 

#132 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

Off topic just for a moment. Have you seen the LC V8 at post #10847 in the Random picture thread Al? 

KSN-116 (QLD rego) 253 V8 LC Torana. Looks like a tribute car to the original KSN-116 (VIC rego) LC 308V8 the HDT raced at Bathurst Easter 1972.

#133 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts
  • Name:Paul

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:08 PM

My car had the tell tale signs of an ex police GTR also ,the aerial was more forward on the front fender ,it also had spotlights when I purchased it .it had a 186 with triple 150 CDs .holes under the dash under the glove box and two floor holes behind the front seat .I did hear that around that time many GTRs were " spec ed up" to XU1 hence the 186 instead of the 161s that it would have had normally .I have spoken to many local people around the South West of WA and have confirmed that some were GTRs ,two XU1s were also used as pursuit vehicles in Bridgetown WA.

#134 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

At around the 55 second mark, you can see at least 3 GTR Police cars in a row  ...  Silver, Blue and maybe Olive Green ..   They weren't that rare when I was a kid..  Blue car rego looks like ,  GLB-652 ??

but from my memory, not many even new back then that the police GTR's were indeed XU1's, and as you can see, they barley stand out, and are far from intimidating. Certainly compared to the Ford 351 Hardtop...  Those things still look menacing ...  imho ..  :)

Edited by ChaosWeaver, 17 August 2016 - 07:22 AM.

#135 RM125n

RM125n

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:33 AM

My car had the tell tale signs of an ex police GTR also ,the aerial was more forward on the front fender ,it also had spotlights when I purchased it .it had a 186 with triple 150 CDs .holes under the dash under the glove box and two floor holes behind the front seat .I did hear that around that time many GTRs were " spec ed up" to XU1 hence the 186 instead of the 161s that it would have had normally .I have spoken to many local people around the South West of WA and have confirmed that some were GTRs ,two XU1s were also used as pursuit vehicles in Bridgetown WA.

I thank you for your post
Mate go to the NEW SOUTH WALES HISTORIC PATROL VEHICLE
Scroll down to an EX STP LJ GTR B&W photo and look at Russel Denning comments
It's a interesting read on STP LC & LJ Torana

#136 RM125n

RM125n

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Xu2308 you keep posting this 300 new car contract that Holden won in July 1972

1) this contract would have been debated in the NSW Parliament first for the terms of contract and the amount of money to allocate for the said contract

2) Then go to the legal department to be drawn up and all other Goverment departments to approval and sign off for next stage

3) Then their is a three month period for interested parties to lodge there Tender to the NSW Goverment and three months of advertisements which started very early April 1972
4) after closing date the NSW Goverment had to go through all Tenders

5) Then announced Holden won this contract on a Wednesday in July 1972 an estimated 300 SIX-CYLINDER GTR Torana's for the NSW Police

6) xu2308 THIS contract predates your built date of your car ?/4/72
7) which means your car was built during the super car scare Started 3/4/72 ended 30/6/72
8) what insane state Goverment back then would have a LJ Torana 308 in there stable from the 3/4/72 . The press would have had a field day with them I do remember one comment 160miles per hour coffins
9) where does your car fit in with contract

#137 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:27 PM

I know I am going to regret getting involved in this, but pretty sure Alan stated above that his car was given to the police to try out prior to the order being put in.

So your entire post above is not relevant in relation to Alan's car.

Maybe just chillax a bit and just come out and say what you are trying to say or ask what you are trying to ask and you will get a straight answer, just sayin.

#138 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

Xu2308 you keep posting this 300 new car contract that Holden won in July 1972

1) this contract would have been debated in the NSW Parliament first for the terms of contract and the amount of money to allocate for the said contract

2) Then go to the legal department to be drawn up and all other Goverment departments to approval and sign off for next stage

3) Then their is a three month period for interested parties to lodge there Tender to the NSW Goverment and three months of advertisements which started very early April 1972
4) after closing date the NSW Goverment had to go through all Tenders

5) Then announced Holden won this contract on a Wednesday in July 1972 an estimated 300 SIX-CYLINDER GTR Torana's for the NSW Police

6) xu2308 THIS contract predates your built date of your car ?/4/72
7) which means your car was built during the super car scare Started 3/4/72 ended 30/6/72
8) what insane state Goverment back then would have a LJ Torana 308 in there stable from the 3/4/72 . The press would have had a field day with them I do remember one comment 160miles per hour coffins
9) where does your car fit in with contract

The V8 LJ Program got  instant approval when Fred James reported back to GMH after Harry Firth took Fred for a drive on Xmas Day 25/12/1971 in the Yellow LC HDT XU1 (KSN116). The V8 Styling LJ XU1 Torana was Built on the 19/1/1972 (Barneys Shirt XU1) After Harry had run and tested the Yellow HDT LC XU1 V8 from Xmas Day 1971 to April 1972 he handed it to GMH, so they could use it as a guide for when they put the 308's into the 3-LJ GTR's. Yes the 3-LJ GTR V8 Prototypes are April Built 1972 Cars.

So when GMH would of been in talks about these 300-Police LJ GTR Torana's in April if it was April as you say. I am sure they would of told the Police that there is a V8 LJ version coming ????? The Super Car Scare had not happened at that stage remember. Fred James was more than impressed about Harry's Yellow LC HDT V8 Torana on Xmas day and what he reported back to the GMH Chiefs, the Program got instant approval. The Road going V8 LJ's were only 2 weeks off production when the Newspaper Article came out in the SMH on the 25/6/1972 160MPH Super Cars Soon, GMH didn't stop the Program until 13/7/1972.

When that happened the 3-LJ GTR V8's were hidden out at Lang Lang, hence there Vanishing act from Holden Engineering that was reported, John Spencer told me that my Pink GTR V8 was used for marketing rides after the Super Car Scare, so we are talking July 1972. My belief  in late 1972 to early 1973 in NSW, the Police needed a super fast Car. As I stated on here before about the Lambo's and Ferraris, what you need to do is talk to some of these Police officers that were in 21st Division and ask them did they have any V8 LJ GTR Torana's there for trial from GMH. They had Two LH SLR5000's there in 1974 for trial, I posted a Photo of the Saffron one, ummmm and it look standard as, as what you don't get about 21st Division on the North Shore of Sydney is they were there own entity in the Force, read up about the 21st Division, they were the Division that dealt with the big drug lords and they had under cover cops trying and even normal looking cars as well, they used to try and infiltrate the drug lords of NSW. So they have to LH SLR5000's on Loan in 1974, what was on loan to them in 1973 ??????????. Look believe what you like, You don't have to believe me.

Edited by xu2308, 17 August 2016 - 06:12 PM.

#139 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

Those last three posts wee a bit passive aggressive of you Al - did you mean to be?
The questions asked by RM125n seem to have been genuine as opposed to challenging - is there some history between you two or was it just the time of day?
Just settle brother, folks are very interested in what you have unveiled and often just want to test previous things they have heard with you.
All the best, TB

TB are you RM125n as well ???????

#140 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

At around the 55 second mark, you can see at least 3 GTR Police cars in a row  ...  Silver, Blue and maybe Olive Green ..   They weren't that rare when I was a kid..  Blue car rego looks like ,  GLB-652 ??

but from my memory, not many even new back then that the police GTR's were indeed XU1's, and as you can see, they barley stand out, and are far from intimidating. Certainly compared to the Ford 351 Hardtop...  Those things still look menacing ...  imho ..  :)

Ian, I believe it was only the 50 NSW Police 1973 Higher Performance (150 list) XU1's that were disguised as GTR's. Prior to that The NSW Police GTR's were just that, GTR's.

The Blue GTR looks like Cyan Met so highly likely it is one of the disguised 1973 XU1's.

#141 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

Yes Dave I agree, there were plain GTR's ...  But for work on the Sydney to Newcastle Highway most would have been XU1's .....  Its only a guess, but I would guess that all those 3 GTR police cars in that clip would be pursuit cars..  and I rekon that it is another GTR that is following those 3 as well ...    Does the number plate I put forward help in Identifying a car ??....   GLB-652

#142 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:35 PM

TB are you RM125n as well ???????

You're kidding right Al?
Cheers, TB

#143 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

I thank you for your post
Mate go to the NEW SOUTH WALES HISTORIC PATROL VEHICLE
Scroll down to an EX STP LJ GTR B&W photo and look at Russel Denning comments
It's a interesting read on STP LC & LJ Torana

Oh mine also had 3.08 diff ratio as well ,thanks for the referral to that site very interesting thanks.

#144 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

Oh mine also had 3.08 diff ratio as well ,thanks for the referral to that site very interesting thanks.

Accept Russell Denning is not aware of the Two LJ GTR's prepped for the Sutherland Police Station that Police officer Barry Hayston says about on the FB page Classic Pursuit Vehicle Register, Just Saying.

#145 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:56 AM

You're kidding right Al?

Cheers, TB​

​Kidding yeah, as you popped up about my comment to him, do you know him at all, he hasn't posted his old Torana Police Car photos up on here yet, I asked him to.

#146 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:24 AM

Hi Indy Orange

my GTR has the 308 diff ratio and XU1 Booster and XU1 Tank, does your Ex Police Car have the Booster and Tank ??????

#147 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

Hi Indy Orange
my GTR has the 308 diff ratio and XU1 Booster and XU1 Tank, does your Ex Police Car have the Booster and Tank ??????

has the XU1 booster ,no XU1 tank.im yet to confirm that it is but has all the tell tail signs.

#148 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

Indy Orange, from when I rang a number I had for NSW Police I spoke to a Female Police Lady named Pollard, I believe they have a list of the cars but by rego number, NSW RTA records suck, Pollard told me Tony Fitzgerald is the guru on it and things they had on them, I sent him emails of the things on my car. My switches he said were NSW police type for LJ GTR. If you have a old NSW rego number for your car then u may find info.

#149 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

It's a Western Australian car Al,sold new from Manley Stanwell Holden Albany.

#150 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

​Kidding yeah, as you popped up about my comment to him, do you know him at all, he hasn't posted his old Torana Police Car photos up on here yet, I asked him to.

I don't Al.
Funny, RM125n asked what was seemingly an innocuous question, you get all passive agressive about it, I say to you to settle down and get some sleep what with all those early morning posts if yours, Chaos comes in all chivalrous to protect your honour but not getting the jibe nor understanding the term, and then old mate arcs up at you. Seems the P-A wasn't misplaced afterall - sorry brother.

Chaos, the passive agressive thing? Ok, think of your missus - you know when there is a mood but you are buggered if you know why and exactly what you did this time, and so you ask her if everything is okay? You know the answer that you and indeed that we all get? Well thats P-A brother. Same goes when you have a difference of opinion and when trying to work out which is the best way to go, her idea or your idea, you get told to do whatever you want? We know she doesnt mean that, and she knows that we know - that is another example of P-A :)

Cheers, TB

Edited by Tyre biter, 18 August 2016 - 10:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users