Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:49 PM

I don't Al.
Funny, RM125n asked what was seemingly an innocuous question, you get all passive agressive about it, I say to you to settle down and get some sleep what with all those early morning posts if yours, Chaos comes in all chivalrous to protect your honour but not getting the jibe nor understanding the term, and then old mate arcs up at you. Seems the P-A wasn't misplaced afterall - sorry brother.

Chaos, the passive agressive thing? Ok, think of your missus - you know when there is a mood but you are buggered if you know why and exactly what you did this time, and so you ask her if everything is okay? You know the answer that you and indeed that we all get? Well thats P-A brother. Same goes when you have a difference of opinion and when trying to work out which is the best way to go, her idea or your idea, you get told to do whatever you want? We know she doesnt mean that, and she knows that we know - that is another example of P-A :)

Cheers, TB

TB your a goer lol, He got answered by Photos of the things on my Car. When I rang the NSW Police up about old Ex NSW Police GTR Torana's.  Officer Pollard said Tony Fitz is there Guru on there old Ex Police Cars, and told me to contact him and I did. Yet RM125n seems to be the GURU on it ?????????. Tony and other Ex officers told me they used Hella stuff and Hella switches and used Alloy type stuff to put switches in. Now other people that have popped up on the forum that own LJ GTR's that thought were Ex Police cars have had the same thingy's as in Hole in firewall with rubber grommet etc etc etc, Where is RM125n photos of his Ex Police GTR Torana he said he owns, that I asked him for. TB has done a Phycology Course with his Passive Aggressive :P, I answered him did I not, my response was answers. As I said before, officers I spoke to told me 21st Division was a Police Force of there own, they did not answer to any one back then, you would know about this TB, they were a Famous force within the force were they not. And they had all sorts of cars from standard cars to High Performances cars, and there observation unit had any type of car for under cover work or blending in work etc.

Edited by xu2308, 18 August 2016 - 11:51 PM.

#153 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:00 AM

This Ex Police LJ GTR has Log Books, only one i know of, is this your old Ex Police LJ GTR RM125n ?????????????????? https://www.australi...police-car.html

Edited by xu2308, 19 August 2016 - 12:10 AM.

#154 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:27 AM

I don't Al.
Funny, RM125n asked what was seemingly an innocuous question, you get all passive agressive about it, I say to you to settle down and get some sleep what with all those early morning posts if yours, Chaos comes in all chivalrous to protect your honour but not getting the jibe nor understanding the term, and then old mate arcs up at you. Seems the P-A wasn't misplaced afterall - sorry brother.

Chaos, the passive agressive thing? Ok, think of your missus - you know when there is a mood but you are buggered if you know why and exactly what you did this time, and so you ask her if everything is okay? You know the answer that you and indeed that we all get? Well thats P-A brother. Same goes when you have a difference of opinion and when trying to work out which is the best way to go, her idea or your idea, you get told to do whatever you want? We know she doesnt mean that, and she knows that we know - that is another example of P-A :)

Cheers, TB

LOL ..  Classic example ..  You must have met my ex-missus :) ...      

I know what the term PA meant ...  I was using sarcasm ..   Which is a term of satirical wit, designed for effect on bitter, caustic or ironic language, that is usually directed at an individual.....    and I see it worked..  :)

As I thought your reply to Al, was incorrect, and from my view, Al was freely giving Rim all the information he asked for..   It was more imo, that Rim has reason to doubt or dispel what Al was saying...  Maybe working together with combined information would be more successful in finding an outcome ?? ...

Cheers TB.   I think we all say stuff with "tongue in cheek"  ..........   we just can't see the tell-tale bulge ....    Chaos.  :)

#155 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

Yes Tounge in Cheek blown up to PA :P

#156 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:22 PM

LOL ..  Classic example ..  You must have met my ex-missus :) ...      

I know what the term PA meant ...  I was using sarcasm ..   Which is a term of satirical wit, designed for effect on bitter, caustic or ironic language, that is usually directed at an individual.....    and I see it worked..  :)

As I thought your reply to Al, was incorrect, and from my view, Al was freely giving Rim all the information he asked for..   It was more imo, that Rim has reason to doubt or dispel what Al was saying...  Maybe working together with combined information would be more successful in finding an outcome ?? ...

Cheers TB.   I think we all say stuff with "tongue in cheek"  ..........   we just can't see the tell-tale bulge ....    Chaos.  :)

Ha ha - brilliant Chaos.

I've had a long day brother and came home flat - thanks for the laugh :)

A 'like' for you... if only I knew how to do that...

Cheers, TB

Edited by Tyre biter, 19 August 2016 - 05:23 PM.

#157 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

...As I said before, officers I spoke to told me 21st Division was a Police Force of there own, they did not answer to any one back then, you would know about this TB, they were a Famous force within the force were they not. .

Sorry Al I don't.

Not old enough and not from that jurisdiction mate - everything I know about the 21st Division I have learned from you and have enjoyed it.

I can tell you all about the XA/XB Falcon still with ACT Policing but me thinks this is for a different (blue coloured) forum to which I don't subscribe...

Tell you what though, the opinions of others as to why your car isn't (in their opinion) a LJ V8 and/or a former NSWP pursuit car are important to document IMO.

To consider what they say, to go away and research and interview, and to rule in or out (hopefully out) their submissions only adds to the reliability of the assertion that is is/was both.

And so I say, welcome the skeptics and invite them to lay out their theories.

You don't need to prove or disprove anything - the car will.

And, I am not talking reverse engineering here.  I am talking displaying an open mind and letting the evidence speak for itself, because it will and this can only help to further ensconce the provenance of the car.

What you really need to find, perhaps through some of those retired police organisations and whatnot I've provided to you previously, is the horse's mouth as it were.  If would be ideal if you could find some of the former pilot/s still with us and interview them.  Like I've said to you a few times now, time is running out (if it hasn't already) and if you can find them, get it on the boat, bring it to the mainland, go for a drive and take it to them and interview them.

All the best, TB

Edited by Tyre biter, 19 August 2016 - 05:36 PM.

#158 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:49 PM

Ha ha - brilliant Chaos.

I've had a long day brother and came home flat - thanks for the laugh :)

A 'like' for you... if only I knew how to do that...

Cheers, TB

Cheers TB...........   Glad you can take a joke..     And as for the "like" ..   it's the sentiment that counts .......   :) 

#159 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:49 PM

I get what you are saying TB

There is no doubt the Car is the SMP V8 LJ Prototype, as you are not aware of, I have had contact with a XW7 Engineer that was there for the whole 1972 season at GMH, he worked on the XW7 Program and it the later part of 1972 he worked on the special two LJ's that were cut in half and made wider so all the new LH Suspension (Front & Rear Suspension) fit in. So a LJ-LH Combo Burger Car and he had a full set of XW7 Drawings, I had to send him set photos on things on my GTR that he needed to see and what is on my GTR is only on the XW7 LJ V8 Cars as per Engineering Instruction Drawings. Due to that he said my car is one of the 3-LJ GTR V8 Prototypes and he sent me the full set of Engineering Instruction Drawings and he said I am only getting them due to my car is one of the cars. I only received these over a month a go, also one of the Mechanics that worked on the 3-LJ GTR's when they were converted to 308's at Holden's Experimental Engineering has confirmed my GTR as well. Plus on my rego papers in top right corner above where LHD255 is on papers, it says ProjectEngPinkV8, if you look in the AMC issue where the rego papers are in the article you will see it. The Police side of things to me is only a side thing, I am more interested in finding photos of my GTR at Lang Lang or Holden Engineering, John Spencer asked all the Proving Ground Drivers and they say they have none ?.

Harry Firth wrote to me on June 27th 2013 and told me a lot of things, was nice of him to do that, as 'H' was in illness at that stage of his life. Rego papers also have James on it, Fred James was the Holden Engine Engineer that worked with HDT and he was in charge of the XW7 Engine, as confirmed by the Holden Mechanic my GTR was fitted with a 308 QT Engine that had the Full Spec XW7 Parts fitted to the donk, James name on rego papers means Fred James was driving it, Fred passed on in 2008 :) and makes sense as Fred was the Engine Guru in-charge of the XW7 Engine side of things in the program.

AL

Edited by xu2308, 19 August 2016 - 10:02 PM.

#160 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Jeepers Al, it just keeps getting better.
Did you get these GMH folk to commit to paper?
That would be almost as ideal as a recorded interview because once gone it is a case of 'he said, she said' if you get me.
I hear you on the NSWP thing as being a side bar, but I just have to say that this deployment is the story of your car: it was an important prototype seeming lost for all time, it was found, and low and behold, it turns out that it spent time as a pursuit car with NSWP right under everyone's noses before passing further into ibscurity for four decades.
This is a great story and it is an account peculiar to your car.
Like I said, once those first hand accounts have passed, the car's story is forever conjecture.
I reckon you should go after all the story, but equally, it's your car and your decision.
Regards, TB

Edited by Tyre biter, 19 August 2016 - 10:09 PM.

#161 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:10 PM

I did a sad face for Fred and it came up as a happy face, sorry for this.

AL

One of the drawings confirm plus what is on the rego paper in top right corner. Only the 3-LJ GTR V8 Prototypes have what the thing is, and that is why the XW7 guys involved knew about this and asked for photos of this area, as only the 3 cars have this.

Edited by xu2308, 19 August 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#162 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

Al, I had a look at the pic of the original VIC rego form in the magazine article and I'll be buggered if I can make out what is written in the top RH corner above the Rego number.

I was also wondering where you got the copy of the original registration application form from. GMH or VIC RTA?

#163 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

Al, I had a look at the pic of the original VIC rego form in the magazine article and I'll be buggered if I can make out what is written in the top RH corner above the Rego number.

I was also wondering where you got the copy of the original registration application form from. GMH or VIC RTA?

You can see it in the top right hand corner on the rego papers, yes reading it from the magazine pic would be hard as the Pic is small of the rego papers.

The rego papers come from Vic Roads Archives, how I got them was a slog I tell you,  I looked on the Warranty Disc at LJ's built around when my LJ GTR was Built and wrote there Engine numbers down. Then I went through AOMC in Victoria and gave them my Chassis Number and the rough batch or Engine numbers to look at. Then after a few thousand cards check at AOMC.

He Found the AOMC Card that had my Chassis Number on it, then that gave me the Vic Rego Number, then Back to Vic Roads Archives to do a Check on LDH255 and they Found the First Ever Vic Police Rego Papers that are filled out by GMH.

#164 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:22 PM

There are 22- XW7 Instruction Drawings, here is one of them, well a corner pic of one of them, I am very thankful I got a full copy form the Former XW7 Engineer.Attached File  XW7 Engineering Instruction Drawing 3rd May 1972.jpg   91.36K   1 downloads

#165 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:58 AM

Wheels Magazine Feb 1973 Issue

We Drive Torana V8, story done By Wheels Editor Peter Robbo Robinson, remember Wheels Magazine is in Sydney NSW, Robbo says the Police wanted them in the article, for the Police to know about them they would of had to been shown one, Robbo would be talking NSW Police and Robbo was friends with Harry Firth and other GMH People. I will try and track Robbo down and talk to him about this 1973 article.  Attached File  Wheels Magazine 1973 we drive torana v8.jpg   153.69K   1 downloadsAttached File  Wheels Magazine Feb 1973 V8 LJ - Copy.jpg   85.78K   1 downloads

#166 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,052 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

Can you scan and post the rest of that article Al?

#167 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

Can you scan and post the rest of that article Al?

I can and I will

#168 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

From the movie Stone, is that a LJ cop car?

14725501_190521348053117_761739152559909

#169 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

Looks like it has the Granny Visor and Driving Lights, but wait to our Police Car Expert RM125n comes back on :P

Edited by xu2308, 13 October 2016 - 04:59 PM.

#170 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:57 PM

Yes it is......  If you watch the video I put up earlier in the thread....  it shows 3 or 4 GTR police cars..  :)

#171 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:53 PM

Yes it is......  If you watch the video I put up earlier in the thread....  it shows 3 or 4 GTR police cars..  :)

Thanks mate I wasn't there that day lol

#172 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,052 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

http://car-from-uk.c...le.php?id=45855

Can someone screen shot this and put it up here?

#173 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,846 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

Attached Files

#174 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,052 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

It's not a colour that would blend in with the traffic.

#175 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

I have never seen an LH-LX Torana Highway Patrol Car .......    not saying they don't exist..  And I think I have either seen or heard of nearly every HWP Cop Car since Mini...   but as Al has shown, there is always exception to the rule..   So wouldn't surprise .......  Fence sitting much ??   :blink2: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users