very

#27 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:10 PM

how different are the lc/lj ones to the lx, lot diff, as someone may have to send an lj/lc one to me to send..

ive sent an lx/lh one

If they are diff, we will wait and see what this fellow says about the lx/lh clips first

#28 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

I got inspired last night and decided to fit my weather strips/belt with the new clips bought from rare spares and they are different.

I tried searching the website, but it was like looking for a virgin in a brothel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If someone finds out where to buy them let me know. My car is a uc.

#29 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

as above mate, im hoping to get them, was told rares dont make them, this is why i've gone to the trouble of possibly getting them made so they are correct.

Couldnt you use them in someway or its not possible to use them ?

the more info we got the better

#30 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

The clip is too wide and you could make them fir, but i'm worried that the bit that goes into the door looks too chunky to fit. i don't want to try and then have a weather strip stuck on with a gap.

I assume you can buy the weather strips new still and they come with the clips?

If i can't get some i was going to carefully remove some off the spare doors i have.

I''ll find out what rare spares can do tommorrow.

#31 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:03 AM

rares definately do not do external door belts with clips. I installed some of rares onto elsie (LC) and had to use glue. Not happy with that product at all. I am now gunna need some for ruby (LX) and I am looking for a more original type door belt with clips.

this is my thread from when I installed them:
http://www.gmh-toran...showtopic=10315

#32 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:31 AM

kaz, are the LC and the lx clips the same, seeing as you have been working on both lately?

Stud... so if the problem is only that its a bit chunky..get the pliers onto it and make it work..

if i havent got a hope in getting them..which i hope i can, but if not then have to make do with what we can get..

the person im in contact with is a producer, they make them onsite, clips fasteners and so on...

they make the goods , so no middle man, oh well only me :spoton:

#33 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

I think I have thrown out the LC ones. No idea how they compare.

#34 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

Yes, the ones Im after for the uc look like those pics. Is there a trick to actually getting them off without damaging them. I have some in some doors on the wreck, 1st door I tried was a LH door on the uc sunbudgie(some naughty panel beater thought theyd get away with it.....well they did)......different smaller clips....only succeeded in wrecking that one.

#35 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:51 PM

I got my lj wether strips from clark rubber in a kit form, iner soft strip+outer rubbers/ with all clips suplied in the kit $69 ech door

Edited by dave720gtr, 01 February 2007 - 06:52 PM.

#36 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

I bought some brand new clips today. They are the same as the orginals and cost me $16 for 40 of them. I'm so stoked i could get them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't explain why it comes up on the docket as a ford item, there's the code anyway.

#37 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

so there you go, you can get them, well you should tell everybody where you got them....

#38 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

That's the buggers. Just confirm that the width of the clip bit is the same as the original ones. A little bit wider and they won't fit. Bought some new door belts that had that problem.

#39 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

Revolution Racegear, agent for rare spares in wollongong. Phone number is 02 42258532.

Part code is 350.008 W/strips Ford/Pack 20

And they are the same width. I'll fit them tommorrow night and post pics.

#40 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

How did you go? Did they work?

#41 SamBam

SamBam

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

i had to buy on of the door strips and all i had to do was get the pliers out n squeeze the pricks in a bit, then they just clipped, n they havent popped out since.
i got an lx so im not sure bout the lc sorry.
sammy

#42 _boynuz_

_boynuz_
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:49 AM

I bought some brand new clips today. They are the same as the orginals and cost me $16 for 40 of them. I'm so stoked i could get them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't explain why it comes up on the docket as a ford item, there's the code anyway.

They look different to the original lc and lj ones has anyone tried them as i don't think they will fit as the shape is different.

#43 toryman76

toryman76

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

Revolution Racegear, agent for rare spares in wollongong. Phone number is 02 42258532.

Part code is 350.008 W/strips Ford/Pack 20

And they are the same width. I'll fit them tommorrow night and post pics.

have you got pics?? im from reading this thread there are plenty of interested people and im one of them! i have yet to attempt to remove mine for the same reason... they are little buggers and like to break!

Pics would be fab... if the product worked?

Cheers

#44 _boynuz_

_boynuz_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:31 AM

Posted Image

Those are how the originals look for lc and lj

#45 _UCaLX_

_UCaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Hi guys, i got a set of door belt rubber for a torana coupe. On closer inspection they actually come with the clips. I just hope they are the right ones. If anyone has put them on a hatchback do you have any tips?? cheers

#46 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

The original LH/LX/UC had metal loops that tended to wear away the door holes and cause rust.

The clips that come with the Rares spares seal are plastic, but they are a complete arses to press into the holes. The T clips supplied were flat on the sides and has a row of teeth on opposite sides.

I went back for a solution and instead used clips (plastic) which I believe are for early commodore.

I dealt with Ian at Restorer's Hotline in Adelaide.

I strongly suggest you use what he recommends as I'm sure he will tell you that I am a fussy ****** (person).

#47 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:45 AM

this guy has some

120504535648 and 120504534196 ebay...

cant put link up...doh!!
are they different for 2 doors.. 4 doors???

#48 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

I'm gonna try the Rares one on the LX race wreck. They definitely don't fit on the LH, as they are like 2mm narrower in the non-bendy direction of the clip. Mate of mine removed the clips and rivetted em in. I don't like the sounds of that solution. I'm going to hazard buying some of those Ford (ick did I say that???) clips.

Now look what's happened. Seem to have broken out in hives and festering sores!!!!

#49 _UCaLX_

_UCaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

I just installed the inner drivers side, door belt for LX coupe (from Rare Spares)in my UC hatch. They just clip in, not a very difficult install just a bit tedious. After checking the clips from the original door belt it became apparent that the reprduction ones from RS are pretty much exactly the same and they are made out of metal not plastic. The uc has been exposed to the elements for over 30 years now (obviously) and there is no rust where the door belts clip in. There are alot of other places on the doors that are far more prone to rust. So i wouldn't worry about the ones with metal clips causing rust. if your really worried just spray the clips with a bit of Lanotec or something similar.

#50 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

^ That's what I think. They are correct for LX, but LH is different. I will measure this weekend, as I have one of each now. I also have a complete set of RSP door belts for two front doors.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 14 December 2009 - 08:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users