Photo

your favourite track

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:04 PM

The only thing that is a bit up in the air at the moment is the result of the IPRA proposal re the 225/60/15 tyre debarcle

I'm hearin ya. I have 4 @ half worn and 4 @ 3/4 worn... so am ok for a little while. I wont be doing the full NSW state series... instead pick and choose which events and Phillip Island in on the agenda... I would like to do a Qld round also...

Sounds great re Torrie fest :clap: cant wait... a track that suits our cars :nada: yep wide open spaces...

I found the dates for 2007 VIC IPRA Racing Calendar:

Round 1. Winton 31-Mar - 1 Apr

Round 2. Sandown 12-13 May

Round 3. Phillip Island 9-10 June

Round 4. Calder 23-24 June

Round 5. Sandown 14-15 July

Round 6. Winton 4-5 Aug

Round 7. Phillip Island 1-2 Sep

Edited by LXChev366, 07 February 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#27 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

Yeah the june round sounds like the go, was actually thinking of doing Island Magic in november, but it falls the week after SA IPRA round 4...

Let me make some enquires and see if I can rally some troops... :)

#28 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

Damn this thread makes me jelous :furious: haha i wanna go racing, give me ya car Skaifey! :tease:

But i gotta say from a spectator point of view. The two tracks i have been to (mallala and Clipsal500) Clipsal wins for sure. would love to go to Bathurst this year, i think we're doing a road trip to the mountain :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :D but yeah been saying that for 5 years now.

Hope u racers have a good year out on the tracks! go fry some Rice!!! :D :D

#29 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

Well from the tracks I've been to, as a spectator, I like Phillip Island the best, even though the weather is either stinking hot, or freezing cold... Lots of the track can be seen and you can go into the pits easily too.. The egg and bacon rolls from the kiosk are really good too!! LOL..

I've raced at Phillip Island, Calder, Sandown and Mallala, and my favourite is Phillip Island. It's open, very fast and difficult to master. It's excellent in the wet or dry. That last corner before the front straight is scary at first, but awesome after a few times. Honda corner and Siberia are great too, but watch it in the wet, easy to go off, especially when you have a lead foot like me.. lol.. I love coming over Lukey heights into MG corner, feels awesome!!

I also like Sandown, but loathe it in the wet, it's too closed in and if you go off the track you're guaranteed to have major panel damage..

Ultimate track to race at would have to be Bathurst, and I'm sure I'll get there one day...

350LH, I've raced at Mallala and it reminded me of Calder Park, totally chalk and cheese in comparison to Phillip Island.. You'll love Phillip Island!!

Edited by V8racerchic, 07 February 2007 - 09:18 PM.

#30 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

The first PIARC Sprint is on Feb 17/18
Great opportunity to get some practice at this great track.

#31 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

A friend of mine is taking the Bob Jane Group C '73 XU-1 out to this meeting to give it a run before the Historic race meeting on March 11.

This little car should be quick around here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users