Photo

Halogen Lamps

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:06 AM

Just an observation on the subject-I work in a dealership in the country,and we're always buggerizin around with lights; we find that the narva globe dont seem to last quite as long as other brands.Have had a lot of success with Philiips brand ones,and they come in +30 and +50 versions as well as a couple of other variations which i cant remember.Try em if your not happy with the others,any good auto elec. should stock em.

Does this mean it maybe be worth forking out the extra to get the proper Hella H4 conversion kit?

Steve

#27 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:51 AM

Hella is no longer made. There is only Narva. The light is better than standard LJ, but not quite there yet in terms of modern cars. Could be better with a +50% or whatever globe, but the reflective housing also has a large part to do with the quality of light output.

Cheers
J

#28 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:46 AM

If the globes don't last replace them with something different when the time comes.

#29 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

Just an observation on the subject-I work in a dealership in the country,and we're always buggerizin around with lights; we find that the narva globe dont seem to last quite as long as other brands.Have had a lot of success with Philiips brand ones,and they come in +30 and +50 versions as well as a couple of other variations which i cant remember.Try em if your not happy with the others,any good auto elec. should stock em.

Does this mean it maybe be worth forking out the extra to get the proper Hella H4 conversion kit?

Steve

Good to have some info on ones that dont appear to last. Must say, the only festoon interior lamps that have lasted in my car are Phillips too.
Dont know if the reflector part of the narva setup is inferior to the Hella stuff.
Also consider that there are lots of other cars that came standard with 7 inch QH lamps where they would still be available new from dealers or through wreckers and these would be sure to be of high quality. Most large 4wd just had the simple generic 7inc due to their box like front ends that didnt demand tailored units. Possbily they were standard issue on the HZ kingswood as well

Edited by devilsadvocate, 29 April 2007 - 01:32 PM.

#30 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

Ohh shit, totally forgot about late model LJ. well heres the deal i have them in my 72 LJ, which has the parkers in the indicator, as does LC, so these are really easy to put in the early LJs (72) and LCs. sorry bout that, didnt even think about it. :spoton:

#31 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

Ohh shit, totally forgot about late model LJ. well heres the deal i have them in my 72 LJ, which has the parkers in the indicator, as does LC, so these are really easy to put in the early LJs (72) and LCs. sorry bout that, didnt even think about it. :spoton:

Aside from the money factor, that the second reason why I am still driving around with the Factory seal beams... :rolleyes:

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 29 April 2007 - 10:24 PM.

#32 _ingles_

_ingles_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

Just checked my hella cattledog-part no. 5604 is 178mm (7 inch) conversion kit which according to my sources is still available-check some of the larger auto elec. joints in your area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users