• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 _v8slrtorana_

_v8slrtorana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

That would be ok if you had 6 cylinder.
These are the 2 dead weights i have.
Ill get the owner to PM you if ur interested in a price.
The lower of the two is both turbo and aussie pattern with cable clutch.
No forks, just bare bell housings.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

If you wanted to use a hyd. clutch you can send the top bellhousing back to CRS and they can drill it for both patterns. Cost $45 last time I had it done.

LHM, you could use the box, speedo cable and hydraulics from that eBay deal, but would need to resell the 6cyl specific items. I reckon the deal is a bit rich. Give him a call or watch the auction. It may not get a bid, then you can extort him for the gear you need after it ends.

#53 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:30 PM

Cheers guys, i new the bellhousing wouldn't fit but is it a corona 4sp??
Good idea struggler so if i could get this, V8slrtorana's top belhousing get it redrilled, grab a new cluth, manual pedel etc would that be what i need?

#54 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:03 PM

That is the right box.
If he comes up with a tailshaft you can just change the slip yoke over to your shaft.
His crossmember looks a bit full on !!
Get a new spigot bush from CRS.

#55 _slydog71_

_slydog71_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

I run a toplader shifter in a LX 4 door torana with a Mr gasket narrow gate H pattern shifter had to modify trans tunnel slightly , nothing major . Will be upgrading to a Mr gasket vertical gate shifter soon. ( another good shifter along the same lines as a vertical gate , sequential shifter is long shifters http://www.gforcetra...ol_4_vj1000.asp <-------- love this shifter set-up )

#56 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

Before

Posted Image

After
Posted Image

NO WAY did anyone fit a toploader without modding the floor...thats a Hurst shifter...I am about to try a Renagate sequential after Nossa Historic in Nov.
R

#57 _slydog71_

_slydog71_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

NO WAY did anyone fit a toploader without modding the floor...thats a Hurst shifter...I am about to try a Renagate sequential after Nossa Historic in Nov.
R

rorym I modify where shifter was positioned , I also had to give the trans tunnel a couple of hits with the fbh to allow room for the shifter linkages . I did'nt have to cut it up like a tin can the way you did , I wanted to keep it a close to stock as possible without weakening the tunnel .

#58 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

I WANTED ROOM..MAYBE 1/2" CLEARaNCE ON EVERYTHING TO GET AT THE LINKAGES..THE fbh IS AN OPTION BUT LEAVES NO ROOM TO ADJUST ANYTHING.....WITH THE CARPET IN...NO ONE KNOWS ANY DIFFERENT.
r

Ooops!..Caps on...

#59 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:06 PM

If you didnt lift it to that height...I would check your gearbox/pinion angle.
R

#60 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

Bought that Renagate Sequential shifter...
R

#61 _slydog71_

_slydog71_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

rorym did you get the one on ebay , if you could give us a rating after you have fitted and trialed it a few times would be good . Cheers

#62 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

Yes and will do...Will finish Noosa Historic first..then the stickers are off for NOS the cut the paint, fit and trial the renagate..testing...testing...
R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users