STOLEN LH SLR 5000!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

G'day to all torana fans.
I've just bought a geniuine torana LH SLR 5000 on the 15/1/06 and only 3 days later it was stolen by some low life :cry: some time between 17 and 18/01/06.If any of you have seen or heard anything about the car please let me know.Here are the cars details:
6/75
BLH 041712M
Eng.No. HT43066
8D69TE J480631 H

Edit - Tiny - Added Rego Number - ACT plates YBO 59Q
It is mandarine red in color has flares and front and rear spoilers,drop tank with straps and a set of hotwires with eager tyres front 245/50/14 and rear 265/50/14.Had some damage to drivers side on the front and a little at the rear.The interior was in poor condition but original (heringbone) exept for the front seats that had red velour inserts.It is also manual M21.It had solex locks fitted.Body pretty straight with the paint on the roof faded.I would post some picks of it but I'm not sure how to do it.It was stolen form Scoresby rd. in Boronia in Melbourne.My number is 0410 180 136 and the name is Yaz.Thanks heaps.

Edit - Tiny - Added pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

sorry to hear that....where was it parked when it went?

#3 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

Yeahh,not as sorry as me.I dont care about the money side but it will probably get stipped for parts and thats another SLR 5000 which will be deceased.It was parked outside of my place on the front lawn as i was in process of clearing up the back yard for it,if they waited one more day it would have been sitting nicely in my back yard :huh:

#4 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

Very sorry to hear that kangur - best of luck finding it in one piece.
I met a guy on the weekend who came to my house - just bought an LH SL/R5000 was that you?

#5 _NVMYLH_

_NVMYLH_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

Hey Kangur sorry to hear that. :( i work near you, at knox so i will keep an eye out for you. Hope you find it in 1 piece!

#6 _torana05_

_torana05_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:31 PM

Mate, That sucks!! If you would like to email me some pics i will put them up for people to see. Email pics to the following address

[email protected]

Andrew 2. :furious:

#7 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

i see you had solex locks but did it have an immobiliser or anything??? sorry to hear the bad news good luck in recovering, oh by the way were you insured???

#8 _SLR5000_

_SLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

Mate I am very sorry to hear your car has been stolen I have had that sinking feeling with my XU-1 17 years ago.

If you like I have a website www.torana.info I will gladly post pictures & details. I get plenty of Toprana fans to my site you never know it may help.

Garry

Edited by SLR5000, 18 January 2006 - 09:11 PM.

#9 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:32 PM

Sorry to hear about it.. any idea of who it may be? WHo did you buy it off? Maybe a visit to their place might be in order ( ive heard of siller things.. but by no means am i accusing anyone of anything)...

That absolutely sux. Youve posted it on teh right place to get it out to the Torana Community.

All the best i hope it turns up.

#10 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:06 PM

Have to agree with Tiny there, it is a possibility and it's been known to happen.
A lot of assholes out there that keep a copy of the keys when they sell something.

Some reckless dumb thieves act on spontaniety and the more professional ones take time to case things out.

The thieves may not be in a hurry to disguise or strip it and they may try to move it, you dont know. Lets hope that its found dumped after a joyride, but slim chance.

Post ALL the pictures in this thread using www.photobucket.com, go to the site and it will explain what to do for forums. Very imporant to get the photo's up quick.

A lot of the guys here have a keen eye for distinguishing a particular car, no two Toranas are alike. If I see it I will call it in and then let you know.

#11 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

Hi to all you Torana maniacs,good to see you all keep together and try and help each other.I'm feeling kind of depressed at the moment cos even tho I owned the Torrie for only 3 days before it got stolen I already fell in love with it.The car did not have a immobiliser nor an alarm which I'm regreting now.I thought it would be allright for a couple of days before i cleaned up the backyard but guess I was wrong.I bought the car in Canberra so I don't think it was the previous owner who nicked it plus it was kept at a different adress to the adress placed on the transfer papers.I think some low life just needed the car more than i did and probably just for the goodies that came with it.It was not insured as I planed to pull it off the road and start immidiate work on it to bring it to the glory it deserves.The plates that were on the car when it got stolen were ACT plates YBO 59Q.Thanks for all your support and maybe with a bit of luck It will be mine again even if in pieces.Just beeing hopeful :cry:

#12 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:56 PM

:angry: there is never appropriate words for this situation

(((((((((((((((((((((( :cry: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

#13 _Loki_

_Loki_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:02 AM

This is possibly the worst situation for any car owner.
My mates car got stolen recently, they found it a few days later, sent a towtruck out to pick it up the next day.
Before the towtruck got there, it had been moved (or restolen :P).
Another day later it was found a torched wreck with mags, stereo etc. missing.

If yours is found, get out there and get it back/moved, don't wait an extra day for a towtruck!

The prick of it is, it's doubtful whoever stole it knew it was a genuine number (nor cares) :/

#14 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:56 AM

Terrible situation mate :( I really feel for you.

I hope by some stroke of luck it does turn up... or by chance they find it wrapped around a pole with the theives dead inside...

Sorry.. but thats what i feel is justice for people ( Humpf.. dont deserved to be called people) who do these things.

Edit: Added: Ive pasted the first post into www.aussieV8.com.au forums as well.. all publicity is good publicity.. maybe SOMEONE will spot it!

Cheers.

#15 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:09 AM

doubt it will end up near here but ill put the word out, hope all ends well.

#16 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:11 AM

Added your pictures, Thanks Andrew for sending them to me.

I also added teh rego plate number to the first post.

Best of luck.

#17 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:26 AM

I Live in your general area, i will keep my eyes and ears open for u! This stuff makes me sick, and if i see ur car i will personally rip them out through the window and punch them in the face for you!

I also know a few people in the area who are into torries, so if they hear of any parts for sale off a SLR5000 ill be sure to let u and the police know! Did u report it to the Boronia coppers? i know one of them there has a torry and is keen on them so im sure they will be reasonably helpful

#18 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:25 PM

Hiya mate, I'll get our members up here to keep an eye out as well. Feel free to post an ad on our 4 Sale page or Guestbook, it's free and you don't need to be a member to post in either.

President
Canberra Torana Club
www.canberratoranaclub.com

#19 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,319 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:12 PM

I think Matt is talking about Andrew, I can put him onto you if you would like. He is a cop in the Victorian Torana Club and I can tell him to keep his eyes out.

#20 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:35 PM

If you can put me onto him that would be great HEATH,as he will be the keenest to help out.I did go to Boronia police station straight away and reported the theft but the officer that i spoke to i don't think knew much about the toranas.
On the other note I would like to thank all the guys that helped me out with posting the photos and also posting the ad on some other sites,much apreciated I think I owe you guys a beer.
Cheers
Yaz

#21 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

All of us here a very passionate about Torana's, and there's nothing worse than hearing someone has lost their pride and joy.....

The last car that was stolen from me was a crappy old commodore, and that hurt like hell, so I'd hate to think how you are feeling.... :furious:

God help the lowlife if any of us find him..........

Edited by 350LH, 19 January 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#22 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

Yeah i do think the guys name is andrew heath, he came in a few times to work (maccas) and ask bout my torry, at first i was a lil worried that he was going to put a black dot against it, until he told me about his passion for torries.

Yeah ill definatly have my eyes and ears open for u

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,319 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:05 PM

Okay I've told the Falcon boys and they will be keeping their eyes out. Will ring Andrew immediately.

EDIT: Have rung Andrew's partner; waiting on responce.

Edited by Heath, 19 January 2006 - 08:13 PM.

#24 _TORYMAN_

_TORYMAN_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:16 PM

Kangur,

Firstly very sorry to hear about your loss!!! I work At the Ringwood P/S and will definately keep my eye out for it, I NEVER forget a stolen classic car description or rego(except if it's a ricer!!!). I'll print out the pics of your car and put em up on the crime board at work. Did the bloke in Boronia take an offical report, if so do you know his name??? If he did the rego will be flagged as stolen throughtout the state and anyone checking it will know. Also check local wreckers and scrappers in outer eastern surburbs and let them know as they may strip the shell and take it to the scrap metal place in Kilsyth or Ringwood to dispose of the evidence (Ring me for further info). I get back to work on Monday and will let the Knox and Maroondah Traffic Management blokes know what the go is (Steve lj202 they do come in handy sometimes). I'll have a chat to Boronia CIU and see who is running hot for car thefts in the area. I have a particular place in mind. Heath has my mobile and he can pass it on to you if you want to call me, i'd love to get the bloke(s) for this!!! I wonder how he'd go with some yellow pages action????

Regards
Andrew :furious:

#25 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

RIGHTO: I'd like to welcome you to the forum, unfortunately not under the circumstance we would all have liked, but thanks for posting.

Its great to hear that we have friends that can help in these situations!

Once again welcome to the forums, I hope you can hang about and shoot the breeze with like mided torrie lovers!

Cheers.
Tiny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users