STOLEN LH SLR 5000!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 _TORYMAN_

_TORYMAN_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:30 PM

Thanks Tiny,

I'm actually the old TORYMAN but this new setup doesn't recognise that name anymore and I'm not as tech'd up as i'd like to be so I thought I'd better post for this one and just came up with a spur of the moment name. Thanks for the kind words though!!!

Regards
Andrew :rockon:

#27 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

Ahh No worries! Has someone already taken your Nickname!?

Either way.. welcome back!

#28 _TORYMAN_

_TORYMAN_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:03 PM

Tiny,

I don't think so, if it would be possible to change it I would prefer my old sign in if it can be changed, but if not I'll build a bridge and get over it!!!

Thanks
Andrew :D

#29 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

bastards, absolute bastards.
I would love to catch the mongrels trying to steal my stuff.
Although it would be fun feeding them dogfood for the next year tied up in my garage ( think about it )

#30 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

maybe dogfood would be spoiling them. Instead I would piss on them everyday. Any health nuts out there?
Would a mouth full of urine keep a scumbag alive for a year?

#31 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:45 AM

hahaha you should work at guantanamo bay!

#32 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:12 AM

Kangur,

Firstly very sorry to hear about your loss!!! I work At the Ringwood P/S and will definately keep my eye out for it, I NEVER forget a stolen classic car description or rego(except if it's a ricer!!!). I'll print out the pics of your car and put em up on the crime board at work. Did the bloke in Boronia take an offical report, if so do you know his name??? If he did the rego will be flagged as stolen throughtout the state and anyone checking it will know. Also check local wreckers and scrappers in outer eastern surburbs and let them know as they may strip the shell and take it to the scrap metal place in Kilsyth or Ringwood to dispose of the evidence (Ring me for further info). I get back to work on Monday and will let the Knox and Maroondah Traffic Management blokes know what the go is (Steve lj202 they do come in handy sometimes). I'll have a chat to Boronia CIU and see who is running hot for car thefts in the area. I have a particular place in mind. Heath has my mobile and he can pass it on to you if you want to call me, i'd love to get the bloke(s) for this!!! I wonder how he'd go with some yellow pages action????

Regards
Andrew :furious:

Hi Kangur, it's good to see someone such as yourself here.

Good luck with finding the bastards who steal our pride and joy and hopefully a full recovery of the vehicle.

Hehehhee, "yellow pages action" Old school I see ;)

Cheers
Herne

#33 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:18 AM

^ hehe
love the username... "RIGHTEO" is usually the first thing said when i get pulled over, then they realise its a mum and her two kids.."oooh oooh um just a licence check" hehe

#34 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

Good onya RIGHTO and all of the other guys who have offered help and support.

It really is a sinking feeling to have a car stolen or broken into, but when its your pride and joy, its just so much worse.

The support that has been rallied on this site might just act a deterant for a would-be-thief.
We want them to think, " I better not steal this Torana as those GMH FORUM dudes will hunt me down ".
To all the thieves out there, " WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, WE WILL FIND YOU AND THEN SPEND 10mins ON YOU BEFORE THE POLICE ARE CALLED, you get my drift !!"

#35 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:20 AM

id love to spend 20 minutes with them, with few of my fav tools
1: Roll of duct tape
2: Wipper Snipper
3: Next door neighbours pitbull

The screams would be music to any torana lovers whose beast has just been stolen. ( well atempted to be stolen :D )

#36 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:32 AM

Andrew... The name wasnt taken ( though someone else IS TORYMAN76) so i changed your nickname to : TORYMAN

Hope this is what you like!!

#37 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,319 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

Hope that helps Kangur, I don't think you could find someone more helpful in this situation than Andrew, best of luck with finding the bguckwits.

#38 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

Thanks Andrew your help would be greatly apreciated.Today went down to Kilsyth and Ringwood scrap centre and left them pictures of the car and details also visited some of the wreckers as well.However you probably have the biggest chance of finding the car.To be honest I'm slowly loosing hope that the car will be found,what a shame one less SLR 5000 out there
YAZ
:angry:

#39 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:37 PM

Keep your chin up sunshine. Lots of weird shit happens in a lifetime. If it can be found, we will find it.

#40 _TORYMAN_

_TORYMAN_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:38 PM

Kangur,

Don't give up!!!! Firstly what you have to remember is that the car is very distinguishable. Secondly there's one or two blokes keeping an eye out for the car in VIC and Australian wide. If you had stolen the car for a joy ride it would have possibably been found by now, or will turn up in a week or two once someone gets sick of it parked at the end of their street. Thirdly if you wanted to sell the parts they would have to be selling them to a wrecker or someone who is an enthusiast i.e. someone who knows someone who know someone who is connected to the forum or a car club. Also how is this person going to get rid of the parts, the car is really no good to him??? What's he going to do advertise them on ebay or trading post, the dick will get caught!!! Let's all just keep our ears to the ground, as these cars are getting to be very had to come by parts wise as we all know!!! So if you see anything you think may be sus check it out!!! Crooks are dumb and desperate, that's why we catch them I hope the crook has the sence to check out the torana forum inorder to check prices etc, he might see what is going to happen to him if he gets caught, and the car might be returned, or dumpped near where it was stolen from, because if we hand him over to torana he's Fu@$ed!!!

p.s Thanks Tiny for the my old name back!!!! :rockon:

#41 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:49 PM

bloody hell i'd like to catch anyone who has the hide to steal soneone elses car...classic car especialy....

man, if we can't find it no one will. as has been said you posted in the right place.

#42 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:19 AM

Yeah keep your chin up, did u see that story of the guy being reunited with his corvette 37 years on! I agree with wat Torryman said, there is hope!

#43 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:25 AM

I bet you the next time i drive through boronia i get pulled over now, Orange Torana with flares and a drop tank! o well ill be more than happy to help the guys out

#44 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:24 PM

PM me.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 23 January 2006 - 04:37 PM.

#45 slr5640

slr5640

XA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Name:Brian

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

Have you seen this one yet?
http://gallery.oldho...ottlhslr5000/ou

#46 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

bump, we can find this!
would a psycic be able to find a car?lol

#47 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

If the car will get found eventually I will start believing in miracles.

#48 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:45 PM

Miracles do happen. I've seen a couple of them over the years. 70 year old lady who had a deformed hand from birth now has full use of that hand. I could quote others, but I don't want to bore the sceptics.

#49 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:44 AM

Did they find this car???
I think the colour was like this one hard to tell as pics have gone from this thread
Maybe parts been sold .Not saying this is the stolen cars but you never know someone may know more then me at the end of the day just keeping my eyes open

Spolier

Posted Image

Edited by LC69GTR, 24 April 2006 - 07:49 AM.

#50 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:05 PM

Yeah,thanks for keeping an eye out for me.This spoiler is not of mine as it has the SLR5000 written on it mine was just plain mandarine red plus it was fibreglass.I'm still keeping an eye out but it will be hard to tell if anything was mine as there are so many parts for LH SLRs getting flogged of at ebay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users