Photo

Cinderella A9X story

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#26 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:14 AM

thanks for taking to the time to write it up. Fantastic story.

#27 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

HAHA, I didnt even notice the year of the post when I first started reading it ... well worth the read.
Shame the oversized pic of the car made the writing go across the page and we have to scroll across to read it, still worth it tho.

#28 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:57 AM

There is those 15 x 10s again front and rear with the same offset.
R

#29 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

Awesome read, thanks very much. :clap: Makes me want to take my boring SLR5000 out for a strap, only problem it's raining here, but we need it.

Edited by hux454, 21 January 2007 - 12:15 PM.

#30 _ianshere_

_ianshere_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:26 PM

with it raining that just makes it for more fun then doesnt it ;)

as for the main thread what a bargain you got! awsome read. you owned one hell of a piece of history.

ive owned a couple of torana's and must say that they were awsome little machines.
One was a UC with a little 400 small block in it hehehehe (was a pain in the ass to register but i finaly got it done. finaly got it done took it to the track punched down a high 9 second qtr.) 3 weeks after that some prick knocked it off and never saw it again.

The other one i had and you blokes are going too wanna shoot me lol
I brought it as a complete package off my boss at the time. Was a LJ torana with a fully worked 265 hemi with tripple SU's modified production speedway car. Now that thing was fun.

enjoyed the read off your car thou mate what a find you had. Not too many people can say that they enjoyed the pleasure off owning a car that brocky drove/owned.

cheers
ian

#31 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

I thought i was having a dejevue moment when i was reading this thread, lol! Great story! glad to have read it again. :D :spoton:

#32 Gump

Gump

Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

nice story dude

#33 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

Woah, I didn't relise the year! Great story mate

#34 _NickG1982_

_NickG1982_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

Awesome, awesome story. As much as i'd love to own a Group C car, i'd probably be too mindful of it's value to give it a thrashing every now and then :D

#35 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

Another year on and still it seems like yesterday.........

Thanks for the bump, it is a good read.

Another two years :D

#36 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the bump.

Great story.

#37 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

Hey REDBALLS

In the corner of that photo you have linked, is another famous race car that was returned to the road/drags. Lemans??

They were great Nationals back in those days.

When the cars were owned by genuine enthusiasts instead of well healed investors.

#38 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:52 AM

Yep thats the Lemans car
Yes, the nationals were fantastic in those days. We had a great bunch of people, we did the nationals on a very small budget and operated out of a couple of 11x11 tents I used to get from work. One of the guys used to bring chicken and sausages for the BQQ I used to bring, and another used to bring drinks. There was nothing very fancy about it in those days but we had a great time and everyone lent a hand. Unfortunately those days are gone.

#39 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

A great story,

Cheers.

#40 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

Great story :clap:

#41 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

Wow, more than 3 years on and this thread is still getting dragged up !!!

I had the pleasure of seeing the car in action at Oran Park late last year, it was great to see it where it belonged !!!

Thanks for the bump Craig.

#42 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:02 PM

What a wonderfull bedtime story!

Thankyou struggler.

Reminds me of the L34 speedway car which used to run around Rocky!
I wonder where it is now? LOL

#43 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

Wow, more than 3 years on and this thread is still getting dragged up !!!

I had the pleasure of seeing the car in action at Oran Park late last year, it was great to see it where it belonged !!!

Thanks for the bump Craig.

Time to drag it up again. I love a good story!

#44 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

a good story is timeless kinda reminds me of when I saw a purple Phase 4 falcon coupe on the side of the road for $13,000 did buy it though because I knew such a car was never made, then I find out out about the specials that were put togetheir for managers at Ford using up the Phase 4 parts...

#45 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

thats a great read i just found it today !! cars and deals can still be found , I have been very lucky to find a few cars unfortunatly my wife developed a brain tumour GLIO BLASTOMER GRADE 4 in jan 2006 the worst form of cancer as it has a 100% death rate hopefully that will change with time .
I was 31 she 29 my eldest daughter was 5 Jasmine jack was 3 and Brock was 8mnths old i had to stop working and care for her and the family there was oncology , DR,s oppointments and radiation and then chemo and then triple dose chemo this went on for 18mnths and three brain surgery,s along the way .
In the end she passed on the 22 of june 2007 she was the longest living patient of this type of tumour same one Stan the man had and Dr CHRIS WRIGHT? OFF RPA .
During this time i couldnt really earn an income as it was fulltime caring for her and my young family i breed dogs as a form of some sort of income and as i couldnt really go anywhere i sat on the internet more than i should of.
i am fairly well known up here for liking torana,s and grabbing a deal when offered so i get told of cars and was always looking for fun .
These are just a sample of some of the cars i now own and sourced from that period on .
One day a friend Marty from john white racing called me about a black hatch that was sitting in a carpark of a mech shop and the owner couldnt pay his bill and it had been 3 yrs since they had heard from him so they were selling the car and wanted $2000 for it this was may 2006 ,i went and looked at it and it had no motor or was locked and full of rubbish up to the roof but i could see a big input shaft poking through which was either a bullnose toploader or a super t10 which i thought was worth $1200 i offered the owner $1200 for it and he said no ! i thought sell the box and have a spare shell for free The mech rang me the next day and said i could have the car if i picked it up today so i bought it brought it home through out two wheelie bins of junk than found some taped up chamios ss door cards ,then the ss ashtray ,dash and the super t10 i opened the glove box and the put my hand in amognst gum and goo and could feel coins ,cards and bulbs i removed them and was still excited about the fact the glove box inner was still intact then i could feel something hard the that straight away felt like metal for some reason straight away i thought id tags as the car was sold as locked up and only the bonnet was open and when i looked at it the engine bay had just been painted and the car had no tags fitted .
I pulled the tags out they were covered in what looked like a melted red skin !! i was not ever into numbered torana,s befor this car came along but i always knew what L31 meant as my claim to fame when i was young was that my first car was a white gen lh slr 5000 .
The first thing i saw was L31 then M21 thats all i knew the car turned out to be a gen 308 4sd tuxedo black ,chamios trim ss hatch
this is the car as i rolled it off the trailer that day .
Attached File  18.jpg   118.24K   91 downloads

i have many stories like this one , 3 are gen A9x torana,s that i will share if you enjoyed this one .
after my fingers recover from writing this as i,m a terrible typer but a great talker lol.

i have a collection of 23 torana,s that started out as a hobby most are in need of resto but i,m starting on them this year!!!...hopefully

#46 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

i will edit this tonight i should have checked it before i posted it i,m still a one finger typer bandit!!!

#47 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

love to hear the A9X stories...

#48 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

Cool story Struggler! im only fairly new to this site but there are some great stories and info here luv it!:spoton:

rollo: Would love to hear about the other cars mate please share! my old L31 was a bit of a find to at the time, maybe one day i'll dig up the pics and work out how to post em to see if anyone recognizes the car.

#49 _A9XONE_

_A9XONE_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

Thanks REDA9X,
For that photo at Goulburn the misses will be happy shes in the background.
Cheers
A9XONE

#50 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

Thanks REDA9X,
For that photo at Goulburn the misses will be happy shes in the background.
Cheers
A9XONE

Is this the time someone slept in the back overnight at -40000 Deg?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users