Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Name:BURTY
  • Car:UC torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks ht467 for digging this one up! Top read.

I like everyone else love an A9X read.

Just to throw it out there, Last year here in the NT I came across an A9X hatch ex race car. Im not an expert in the field but it was in need of a resto and still done up in race trim painted in Bill Patterson Racing colours, it was on a hoist with a car cover on. The owner let me and a mate check it out, unfortunatly I dont recall the race number.

Even though it looked liked it hadnt been touched in the last 20 years or so it was a buzz checking out the old beast. All the existing running gear was still intact with the 295 rear and 265 front rubber still on the rims.

I dont know if anyone else on the forum has seen the car to know if it was genuine, but after meeting the owner and finding out his history in the racing industry I had no reason to doubt his word.

#77 _ht467_

_ht467_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

Be interesting to see if you get any further responses to the above, this is the third claimed Patterson hatch I've heard of.

#78 _hqlden_

_hqlden_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Thanks for bumping this great read. Gives us all hope that one day...................

#79 burty

burty

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

ht467,
As I said, Im no expert at these things just love the A9X. Maybe it was a mock up at some point only it would have to of been done at least 20 years ago and I for one

dont know if anyone would have bothered back then. The plate steel welded to the to the underside of the control arms and the welded addition to the trans tunnel had been

done many many years ago also still had the T10 box.

The paint job was also very old only someone with knowlege of the history of these cars would know for sure.

#80 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I suspect this hatch in Patterson colours you speak of is actually NOT a Patterson hatch and is actually the ex Marshall Brewer car that was painted up as a Patterson car and raced in Group C a few years ago until the Group C guys came up with C of D and the car would have had to have been returned to its correct colours to continue racing, much like the car Peter Champion has that he claims was the Harry firth hatch.

#81 burty

burty

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

REDA9X,

So does it sound like this is a genuine A9X or a mock up done some years ago? If so is their anything in particular to look for to confirm (short of looking under the bonnet). This is

out of interest as it is not for sale and even if it was I for one wouldnt have the coin to buy it!

#82 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

http://www.gmh-toran...hatch-pp-brock/

#83 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

http://www.oldraceph...hop/product4592

#84 _barodaxu1_

_barodaxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Great read, thanks for digging it up.

#85 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

I was taken for a run around a Calder park race track at full noise in that car back when John C was the owner.............very special moment. Even a run in a NASCAR just wasn't as good.

#86 _ht467_

_ht467_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

http://www.gmh-toran...hatch-pp-brock/

Its ironic that the Patterson thing popped it head up so while it's not really relevant to this thread i have put a bit of info on it in the above one.

In saying that it would be interesting to see any other pictures people have of the Patterson hatch at various stages through it's life.

#87 claysummers

claysummers

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts
  • Name:Clay
  • Car:186 FB Ute, 3.3 EK sedan

Posted 23 August 2023 - 05:39 PM

1996 Goulburn nats919ed47c5f7aa7f19fb3a3c16230ee7b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic