ALL HOLDEN DAY SYDNEY 5TH AUGUST

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#51 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:13 PM

Sorry I missed you GTR, that car of yours is incredible.

Very very nice, and extremely authentic.

Too bad we missed each other, see you at Toranafest.

Cheers,

Craig

#52 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

Guys didnt get a chance told Dave (i think) was leading you guys and club, he asked us to join, anyway we told him a bout a great show we have up here its Tomago Show n Shine charity event for Camp Quality on 19th August toping 700 car, more then wlecome to come, will post more deatils in events

Craig thanks for kind words, we have been busy getting her right,
see you all soon

Pictures to follow now

GTR

#53 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

I was there in the monaro club's display.... down the back... HUMPF..

Anyway, I saw your car a couple of times GTR but didnt get to say gday!

Caught up with a heaps of other guys from all over the place ( Forums, Clubs and mates) and yeah had a really good day out.

The show was massive, I dont thinkive ever seen 750+ cars in one place like that! Too much to look at!

Anyhow, I agree about the dust, but all in all it was good!

Cheers

#54 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 _purpleLC_

_purpleLC_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

GTR 069 There were alot of good looking cars out there,
yours was one of them.

I am dissapointed in I didnt get to meet a few of you,
but after walking through the swap area looking for certain bits.
I was knackered and went and had a chat and a sit down with my cuz who had a couple of his L34"s out there.
One of them won a prize "Orgies mini donuts Car of the Day".

I will post pics soon.

P.S Red was right one of the worst swap meets only rubbish.
I think all the good stuff goes on ebay now!!

#57 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

Not a Torana, but a damn nice car anyway :D :D
Posted Image

Some others
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 _purpleLC_

_purpleLC_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

WoW i would have to check pics from last year but the GTR club looks to have the same colour cars in the exact same spots.

#60 _gstar_

_gstar_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

GTR 069, i was the guy with his head in your boot. or i might of been chatting with your old man.

Tiny, where was the monaro club? didn`t see you guys!

#61 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

Try again Sorry GTR can mods delete the above shots for me that are not working

Tried making them a wee bit smaller

Thanks GTR

#62 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

Thansk for kind words guys

GTR

Edited by GTR_069, 05 August 2007 - 08:27 PM.

#63 blown308

blown308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

Good to see alot of great cars again, and also meet some more forum members, GTR069 (great looking car) and Litre8, was also good to catch up with Keith and Tiny again...see you all at Toranafest.....

#64 _why-psi_

_why-psi_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

swapmeet was pretty poo. i did score a GTR steering wheel though. ive wanted one for a long time now :)

#65 _lcv871_

_lcv871_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

why is it i always get stuck working on sundays

#66 _lostinspace_

_lostinspace_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:09 PM

Awsome show and so many cars to see went around several times and each time there was something I didn't see before. Never met any of you forum guys don't know your faces or cars as yet maybe next event.

#67 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

Huge number of great cars with a great variety. Dust was horrendous at the railway end of the parking area, all the cars down here started looking decidedly brown. Dust was less of an issue up the other end where the STC and Xu1's were located. Dust wasn't too bad if you were out the back of the display either (eh Tiny ;) )

#68 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:56 AM

I scored a near new (perfect grain) SLR steering wheel for a good price (cheaper than a copy)so I am happy

#69 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

Just got back from the AHD, around 750-800 cars!!!

Biggest one ever, LONG queues to get in, lots of quality cars, worst swap ever. Complete rubbish, and way too much non-car stuff.

I had a look at Broads car, very very nice, but the area where he was parked was VERY dusty and his car (and everyone else's up that end) was covered in a fine coating of dust. No filters on the ram tubes either - OUCH!! I'd put my filters on last night fearing a 20 cent piece being dropped in there, but lucky I did it because that dust is nasty.

Here's my favourite shot of the day - an LJ XU1 reflected in the side of my LC XU1..

Thanks mate. The car has never been that dirty, even after the grass driving events at Kandos or when I first bought it out of a paddock where it had been rusting for two years!! Not looking forward to the cleanup. Made sure I gave the ram tubes a good clean before start-up but even then I wasn't the least bit happy about driving it the 5 or so metres until it got to the tar road. When we pulled up it wasn't windy and I even left the windows down! Wound them up mid morning though, luckily.

#70 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

What a top day wow so many top cars 750 + they say, didnt have a chance to scartch me back side, great to have meet a few faces from here, Dad was over the moon, we had a great run down in LC, first trip out and behaved perfectly, (of course) anyway top day and will shoot up some pictures in a bit

Craig guttered I only was told who you was as I got up after finishing my coffee got camera out of boot and you fired up the LC, :cry: didnt get to meet ya, car looked mint as did other Torana's on stand, thanks for posting some pictures up of her

Biggest Supprice and another great part of the day we waited for tophies and offical and end of show, thinking narh too many other great cars to win tophies, we waited and thought time to go, were cruising out took 20minutes to get to near railwail and the old mans name was called out, had to park up and walk back, DAD GOOD ON YA, he is so proud, and I must say I loved every minute of riding down in it, was like living in the 70's Ma n Pa and son in back

Thanks GTR

Was your Dad's car the green LC that was sitting on the end of the GTR and XU1 owners display? If so congrats mate, it's an absolute stunner.

#71 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

i was there for a wee bit of a look. agree that the swap was shit, they should limit it to CAR stuff only, none of that bric a brac crap.

only saw keith (cus we have met befroe i suppose) say tiny walking around, but he was having a yarn withanother few people so i thought it was rude to just but in and go "hi you dont know me but...." haha. no matter how much he tells me that he is a nice bloke he is still intimidating!! haha. only joking tiny. :spoton:

but its hard to spot a forum member when you dont know what they look like.

kind of like looking for a left handed screwdriver, or a wigwog for a gooses bridle.

lots of cars, alot of "stock" late model crap, but some nice cars too. alot of cars that have been there the past few years, and are still the same. but good all the same.

#72 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

After the show my car was covered by a layer of dust , in getting it ready we used two applications of waterless car wash the day before ,this morning I went to empty the boot and was surprised to find the car spottless , all the dust didn"t stick and came of on the way home . good stuff !

#73 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:17 PM

Was your Dad's car the green LC that was sitting on the end of the GTR and XU1 owners display? If so congrats mate, it's an absolute stunner

Broads yeah thats the one, thanks mate, seen yours down there but it was covered in dust by the time we got round, can not beleave how much dust was down there, we nearly parked there but thought narh park with clubs boys as were thinking of joing them

Thanks GTR

Edited by GTR_069, 06 August 2007 - 03:17 PM.

#74 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

That yellow LC that was parked next to you was on car sales earlier in the week for $8400. My missus is looking for a 2 door LC/J and she saw it and rang me and she's like "It's ridiculously cheap let's buy it now!". We made a call and sent an email and the number went to some bookshop somewhere and the chick didn't speak very good english and claimed to know nothing about the car.

A week later we get this email back saying that he was keen for a quick sale (again in broken english). Then the next day I see the same car, same plates at the show and the owner knew nothing about it! I asked the missus to print the ad to bring it out and show him. Someone was obviously trying to "sell" a car that didn't belong to them. Needless to say that my girl was shattered when it turned out she couldn't buy the thing for 8K hehehe!

#75 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

THe monaro club was parked the second display from the beginning ( Opposite pinky's bus, and down one display). You couldnt hgave seen my car as i got parked at the back! Oh well....

Dust.. we got our fair share but nothing like the poor guys further down! It was really bad down there!

Great day and we'll see how it goes for next year.

OrangeLJ: Should have come up mate... I'm always yackin to someone! Was probably marty ( UDLOSE ) from here anyways! LOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users