Toranafest

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

Poll: Where will you be Meeting us? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Where will you be Meeting us?

1. Thornleigh Maccas (16 votes [64.00%])

Percentage of vote: 64.00%

2. Twin Servos on F3 Freeway (6 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

3. Other (3 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#226 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:52 AM

Alright, i feel i need to clear something up in here, even though i said i wasnt going to post again.

I just had a phone call from my old man, who has had Steve (the owner of the blue GTR, and the black car being discussed) Down at his shop.

To clear up the issue he raised-

I did not, in any way mean what i wrote as an insult to steve or his cars, He does quite well considering his physical restraints. The cars and undies analogy was meant in jest, something that i often forget, does NOT trasmit well over the internet.

Steve, i know you will most likely read this, and im sorry if you took anything i wrote in the wrong way. You can do whatever you want with your cars, im not going to sit here and tell you what you can and cant do, i was simply saying that in your hands you have a genuine GTR, which with a little perserverence could become an excellent (modified or original) example of an LJ GTR, and in the future be worth a pretty penny.

Orginally you spoke to myself and Ray about returning it to mostly original. Your plan was to collect the bits and peices you needed over time and have a nice car.

I thought when you said this, geez steve might be on to something, he has a genuine GTR, all the time in the world to develop it and he didnt pay a motza for it.

So i was dissapointed when i heard you planning to sell it off. Anything i wrote that you took offence to, go back and re-read, then think what it would sound like if it came out during morno at the workshop. I think you will find most of it would be laughed at and laughed off. The internet just doesnt seem to convey the same ambience of the muffler shop doorway.

Mate, again im sorry if what i typed came off the wrong way. i know you think im a smart ass. most people do. And when my persona in reality is put with words typed on a screen, they are often taken the wrong way.

CHRIS

#227 _Garry_

_Garry_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:38 PM

:huh: OrangeLJ,

I dont think anybody should take offence at what has been said after all we do live in a democracy and having said that any feedback the HVTC can get regarding the event will be taken constructively. As I have said earlier on the forum we are always looking to improve and invigorate the show.

We all have big heads up here in the Hunter after the good feedback we are getting on the show. We want it to remain laid back and an enjoyable event so help us to keep it going.

Did you hear that Harry Firth liked it so much he has invited himself back next year so at 88 or so years old and from Victoria there is no excuse for the rest of you guys not coming next year.

Just a note whilst it all ran smoothly you did not see the organised kaos at the beginning of the day, we were close to a couple of disasters early on the day but someone up there stepped in and made them go away, thanks Brocky?

For all you guys who ordered a T shirt or didnt get one as an entrant because we ran out of them!!! they have been ordered and will be on there way to you.

Anybody who went to the show or missed it and want some of the items sold there if you contact the HVT Club we have a range of items still for sale from the show including key lanyards, stubbie holders, Coffee Mugs (my favourite) childrens and women size T shirts.

The Fatman, Garry :spoton:

#228 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

I don't think you worded anything in an insultive way Chris. I don't actually know who Steve is, but he should be able to see it the same way that I am seeing it, and that is your expressing your opinion harmlessly.

#229 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

All i know is my step-dad rang me and said that steve had been down there and had taken what i had written in a completly different manner to what i intended.

This is steves current GTR- STEVES TORRY

#230 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:55 PM

Ohhh yes I know that car. Cheers

Ahhh well it's easy to mis-interpret things on forums. But don't stress too much, everything thinks i'm a little smartarse and it too bad. And I feel satisfied that pretty much everything I say is honest.

#231 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

hey, shit happens. That can be the worst thing about the net trying to convey your full meaning to someone, no doubt a lot of arguments have started on this site through misunderstandings. So I say live and let live, in the end words are just that words, build a bridge and get over it (any other cliches i missed...)

best saying I ever heard was "opinions are like assholes...everyone has one"

Edited by LOWS2, 21 September 2007 - 04:41 PM.

#232 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:27 PM

I wouldnt worry about it chris and let it slide its ashame he went down to ure step dad and complained about u if he did? and didnt talk to u about it
Toranafest is Unreal and i recon ill join HVTC when i work out where MINMI Pub is
thanks again to the Organisers

#233 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:48 PM

Hi guys and gals.I just wanted to say i had a great day at toranafest last weekend,and taking the car for a long run to the event,and many thanks for the trophy.The hvtc did a magnificent job and organising such a lovely event,on a perfect day.And i have to say with all photos thay you took,of everyones cars of the day,and a top job,cheers,John.

#234 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

Well i have to say a BIG 3 cheers for the HVTC, what
an awsum display of Torana's & not to mention the
dedication that Mick Mc & Garry(not so large) and the
rest of the fine lads of the HVTC. HIP PIP HOORAY.

The day started bright & early arriving at the Macca's
carpark @ Thornleigh at 6.00am. then departing at 6.35am
travelling up Pennant Hills rd to the F3 where we were
overtaken by a highway patrol which was not to be seen for
the remainder of the trip to Newcastle. I can say 1 thing
that i released a few cobb webbs out of the old girl that
day.

On a sad note poor Howard had a slight glitch with his
trailer although he did get it up & running again but i
think it was too late to go on to the Toranafest so he
limped the vehicles home. It was sad not to see the
Litre 8 out on the paddock.

The cars on the park were awsum a full credit goes to
Tuffgong with his Torry Ute & that beautiful looking LC
(WYLDLC) they are both a credit to the owners.

cheers Keith

P.S. I can't wait to be there next year & i want a TROPHY.
LOL HAHAHAHA

#235 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

tracy do you have a pic (i know u took a few) of me driving the monaro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users