63 replies to this topic

#26 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:51 PM

Thanx guys, i finish work that morning 6am, hence not keen to drive that day (would have to take the magna as well, not fitting fot the occasion) so i will finalise with one of you the thurs or fri prior. P/U would be eastern creek. Cheers T.

#27 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

6 days to go & i am pumped about cruising to Bathurst
with some NSW toughest looking cars. I just hope i can
get my car ready in time as its been getting a bit of a
facelift so to speak. HAHA.

cheers Keith

#28 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

Hi keith i hope too see you on the road next saturday,cheers.

#29 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:16 AM

I bloody well hope so too

cheers Keith

#30 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

Hi Keith,how is youre car coming along,is it looking good,cheers.

#31 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:20 PM

This letter is floating around on a few forums

Hi guys,

Not sure if you have organised a cruise for this year or not, but here are the details for our cruise, for any of you interested.

SATURDAY 8/9/07
Final meeting point is LITHGOW showgrounds 10am
George Coates ave Lithgow
it is 1 street before the Macca's, goes under the railway line.

leave 10.30am, heading to Mt. Panorama, Bathurst.

Will be talking to the local Authorities hoping to get some assistance in traffic control. Also will be inviting the media along as per last year.

When we arrive at Mt. Panorama, we are proposing to line the grid for 1 minutes silence, before completing 1 full lap and a return to the top of the mountain. When we reach Brock's Skyline we will park and lay flowers on the stones spelling Mount Panorama, and sign the walls with our best wishes.

Please post this cruise on whichever site you feel may be interested in joining us, clubs will be encouraged to bring along bbq's or whatever they wish for a lunch at the top of the mountain.

EVERYONE will be asked to bring a small bunch of flowers and to fly a black ribbon on there aerial (or elsewhere that it suits).

Final note: Peter Brock was a continuous supporter for road safety, please don't drive in any manner that may be seen as offensive, ALL sitings if any will be reported to the police.

R.I.P. Peter Brock! The Legend Lives ON!

#32 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

Well John i took a peek at the "ol" girl today
& she is looking great.

cheers Keith

#33 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

Hi REDA9X & Keith,

What time are we meeting at the Caltex on the M4?

#34 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:21 AM

Hi Halil
I would say be there at about 8.00am or so.

cheers Keith

#35 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:01 AM

Hi Keith,Iam very glad that your car is looking great and seeing the ol'girl,cheers,John.

#36 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:20 PM

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply, I really hope this weather clears up, as I wont be able to bring my car along if it rains like this tomorrow.

Will probably end up bringing a bomb along :cry:

It will be a Holden though!

#37 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:33 PM

Hi guys,I live in the blue mountains and its stop raining here,the weather report said for tomorrow cloudy but no rain,i hope no rain,cheers,John.

#38 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:14 PM

With deep regret i will have to pull the pin on this one, now looks like i wont be out of work till at least 7am.

#39 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

Halil why can't you bring your beast if it rains????

cheers Keith

#40 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:43 PM

Hi keith,just starting to rain up here again,well see you all tomorrow morning,cheers,John.

#41 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

i'll be there rain,hail or shine.

cheers Keith

#42 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

Looks like the rain God's have spoken again unfortunately so I won't be taking the Torana along.

#43 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:46 PM

Hi Keith,

I have never really driven it in the rain before, each time that I have it has only been light rain and not far from home.

With the mini spool in it, it is a handful in the dry, and I dont want to risk anything on roads that I don't know to well in the wet.

Also, I noticed when I washed it last week before I polished it that the boot let in a fair bit of water, I have a feeling it is either the boot seal or the holes that the bolts go through for the spoiler aren't sealed properly.

I know that water is scarce and we should be trying to catch every drop, but I dont want my boot to turn into a rain water tank with all the rain. Otherwise I would have to stop off at warragamba to drain the water.

Now beside all of the above, I have just spend this afternoon at where I store the car, as I wanted to give it some finishing touches before tomorrow in the event the weather dried up, when to my shock I found the rear passenger tyre flat. The rear tyres on the car are brand new, that is I bought them three weeks ago from a reputable tyre shop. As I don't trust any tyre shops, especially with trolley jacks and drop tanks, I took the rims to them, and just brought them home and put them on the car, as they haven't been driven on I know that it couldn't have been a puncture, to my disgust I have found that the valve is leaking, the wheels have steel valves on them and it is leaking from around the rubber grommet! At first I thought that if it is only a slow leak, I should be able to make it between petrol stops, but I pumped the tyre up, waited ten minutes and checked the tyre pressure and it had lost around 3psi in those ten minutes. I have tried unsuccessfully to seal this area with a number of products, but its not going to work :cry:

Looks like I won't be able to take it out, I am absolutely disappointed but with the rain and then this, its a sign that I just shouldn't be taking it this time round.

Terry, its a shame you can't make it, would have been good to catch up!

Edited by BCR42Y, 07 September 2007 - 07:48 PM.

#44 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:07 PM

So Red is your Torana scared of a bit of rain?????

cheers Keith

Oh as for mini spool, my diff is a CIG locker & i don't
think it is a problem in wet or dry.

#45 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

Hi Keith,

Your car's manual isn't it? I have driven a number of manual cars with nuts & bolts/cig locker's in all types of weather but they haven't had as much power, and have been cars that haven't owed me much if anything, and are so much easier to drive than this car. I barely drive this car as it is, everytime I jump in it, I look for a clutch pedal, and everytime I get out of it, I try to release the handbrake on the monaro or gemini via the dash.

All of the above aside, the water leaking problem with the boot is my biggest concern, it wouldn't be as bad if it was a light drizzle every now and then.

#46 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:27 PM

Well i don't think we are going to get much
rain if any at all.

cheers Keith

#47 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, it's scared of the rain. No, I just can't be bothered going through the crap of recleaning it again after all that I went through to get it clean for the Masters. I'd rather keep it clean for Toranafest, not to mention all the idiots come out in the wet.

#48 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

And i was hoping to tag with a Smick looking
A9X all the way to Bathurst. BUGGER

cheers Keith

#49 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:48 PM

You'll be at Toranafest right? I'll be going to that at this stage, unless something changes.

#50 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:49 PM

So Red are you going tomorrow????

cheers Keith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users