Torana Tassie Trip 2006

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:05 PM

i might be interested in coming to symmons, might have to change the suspension slightly though :D so it goes around corners :spoton:

#27 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

Might be an idea as simmons plain has possibly the most acute hairpin of any track in the country. This is going to be one top day. Keep the rain away boys.

#28 _Brad_XU1_

_Brad_XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

dont forget to chuck a stack hat in for symonns :ZZZ:

#29 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:02 PM

Helmets are certainly required to go on the track and id suggest that long sleeves, pants and enclosed shoes are also a requirement. If anyone is interested in attending the track day please let me know by September 22 as we need to know numbers for the track guys and also for things like running a bbq. Email me at [email protected] if your interested in racing. The more the merrier.

#30 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

No worries, I might make a few phone calls over the weekend and see if I can get some definates.

Cheers Les

#31 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

That would be great Les. The more the merrier. It would be great to get a picture of a full grid but i think im being a bit optimistic there. If you can let me know the numbers when you have them that would be greatly appreciated.

#32 _Bruce Burnout_

_Bruce Burnout_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:22 AM

Hi Gary, Brad, Poggy
Just a Quick line to let you know that i am interested in attending the track day at simmons plains on 26 oct.
so count me in for the bbq and just watching the cars circulate.
and i would love to meet and travel up from Hobart with other Torana's?
:spoton:
Cheers Bruce Burnout

#33 _Brad_XU1_

_Brad_XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:26 PM

hi bruce burnout, will be good to see you there at the track
will catch up with you at the shannons car show on the 15 th october
cheers brad :rockon:

#34 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:48 PM

Thanks Bruce . Great to hear your coming along. We'll see you there.

#35 _SSHatch_

_SSHatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

I shall probably head through on the Thursday mainly to have a look. Dont plan on running the Hatch around the track though.
Too scared my petticoat will get caught up in the gearstick :fool:

I just spoke with a mate regarding the Friday night in Launceston and have arranged a nice little pub too head too. There is also a restaurant there but he does recommend booking if there are a number of people planning on having meals.

If one of the organisers would like to PM me or give me a quick ring I can then pass on all the relevant details.

PJ

#36 _SSHatch_

_SSHatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

and just to give you an idea of the place...

Here is a pic

Posted Image

#37 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

Looks like we'll certainly be paying that place a visit for a meal. Just a quick reminder if your thinking about going to Simmons Plains to let me know as soon as possible so we finalise numbers. Email at [email protected] if you want to go racing. Let me know if you just want to come along and watch too so we can organise things like the bbq so you wont go hungry.

#38 _SSHatch_

_SSHatch_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:39 PM

Was it the blonde that convinced you??

Or just the cars?

#39 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:12 PM

Blonde may have had a bearing. In regards to Simmons Plains I will most certainly be joining the by standers now as some oxygen thief broke into my garage last week and stole my little GTVi which was to be my tasmanian transport and racer. Those in the Sydney Torana Club racing circuit should remember her trying her little heart out at Eastern Cr and Wakefield. Unfortunetly she'll never make it to Simmons Plains. Im a bit shattered at the moment and Im in dire need of this holiday now. I was going to be travelling with a mate to tassie anyway so now we'll be taking one of his vehicles. To ease the pain of losing my little trooper I may have to enter the realm of torana ownership once again. It's been a couple of years now. We'll just wait and see.

#40 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:07 PM

For all those coming on this trip see you down there. We leave tommorow. Dont think i'll be getting alot of sleep tonight.

#41 _Eagle_

_Eagle_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

G'day Poggy, Brad & I will meet you at Devonport when you get off the ship. Have a safe trip down, catch ya then :spoton:

Edited by Eagle, 18 October 2006 - 12:34 PM.

#42 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

good luck then guys can't wait to cath up with ya's, and sadly I won't be able to go round symmons in the torana now as was planned :furious:, Oh well, But I will still be there with the video camera.

Les

#43 _Brad_XU1_

_Brad_XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

hey guys, the weather looks like it could be a bit wet here on friday. have a safe trip down to melbourne cheers brad :rockon:

#44 _Eagle_

_Eagle_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

Well the gang arrived in Tassie to an overcast rainy morning. There were a few sore heads but after quick fix at Maccas they headed off to Hobart.

#45 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:13 PM

what are they up to when there down in hobart?

#46 _Brad_XU1_

_Brad_XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:01 AM

red6,tim,bruce go and meet them, salamanca,mt wellington,tahune saturday they would like a guide and joes garage tonight at 7.00 . port arther sunday staying at best western fountain side

#47 _Eagle_

_Eagle_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

Great day at the Plains, lots of fun but disappointed about only having half the track to use. Thanx for the help at the end of the day fellas, got home safely after doing the clutch!

Edited by Eagle, 26 October 2006 - 08:19 PM.

#48 _Brad_XU1_

_Brad_XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:39 PM

well, they are back on the spirit tonight and leaving tassie now the weather is fine ing up. i think everyone had a good time while here ,some got more out of the day light hours than others. and even had some looking at land. they found tasweegens to be a friendly bunch . i would like to thank the following torana owners for putting in the effort to meet up with these guys,eagle,roger,les,bruce,shawn,rob,steve,ken,kainey, dwayne,david. dale, thanks guys. :tease:

#49 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

I'll stick my neck out before they get back to civilisation and say the biggest thanks go to you Brad. You must have done a lot of ringing around (even if you did wake me up) to let us know what was happening and kept tabs on them so we could enjoy a day or two out and they didn't get too lost.

They'll have to do it again soon.

David

#50 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:01 AM

I just wanted to say a big thanks to all the folk from tassie that meet up with us and showed us the sights. As soon as we stepped off the boat we were greeted by torana's which was a great start to the trip. Thanks to all you guys for making the effort to come out and go cruising with us. Hope you enjoyed it as much as us. The footage from the cruise to Penguin showed up great so ill talk to my mate about getting that online in the near future. Photo's are still to come. I have no less than 300 for the trip so they'll be hand picked and placed on the website. This trip was a great success. Great cars, great people, great place, great roads. Just wanted to say another big thanks to Gary Harwood who solely organised the trip and did all the research so all we had to do was turn up and enjoy ourselves which I might add wasn't hard. Thanks again Gaz we appreciate your hard work.

If any of you tassie folk ever wanted to plan a trip north make sure you let us know so we can give you the welcome and hospitality you gave us. We may not have as enticing roads but im sure we'll find you some good sights and a track day. This was by far the best club trip I have ever being involved in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users