WE are in Good Hands!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

jesus heath you cant help yourself can you, tell me do you get bashed up much at school?

Cheers
Herne

#27 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:21 AM

hehe not at all. I am in very big social circles. :P

#28 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:22 AM

tell me do you get bashed up much at school?

Hahaha!..Actually...What he says...this time ..Herne, does make sense.
R

#29 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

Heath you fell into the trap it was a no win question for you. A hiding to nothing so to speak.

You say not at all well you should be!!!!!!

If on the other hand you had said yes, then I would have replied ahh that explains things.... :P

Herne

#30 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

Why exactly is Heath getting hurt again???

I cant work it out. But i am tired. Will come back later.

Cheers.

#31 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:22 PM

Why exactly is Heath getting hurt again???

I cant work it out. But i am tired. Will come back later.

Cheers.

Because he wears stuid looking glasses

#32 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:28 PM

hmm

#33 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

Yeah im with Tinks on this one, Perhaps one thread in this entire forum where we dont bag out on Heath would be a good thing. To be honest its getting a bit old and im nearly ready to find someone new to pick shit on.

Cheers.

#34 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

yeah it only poped up because that was the thread I read beforehand

#35 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:42 PM

To be honest its getting a bit old

Yeah.

Edited by Heath, 02 February 2008 - 07:50 PM.

#36 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

P.S. for everyone who hates me or young enthusiasts in general, there's no point in just being a fembit to us; it isn't going to prove or achieve anything. If you think we have the wrong idea, and you want Toranas to go on being treated 'correctly' after you're too frail to work on them, or you've passed away. Share your information and experiences and advice. We have to learn from somewhere and it generally ain't from books :P

Heath you a good kid mate a very good kid actualy but you honestly cant help your self somtimes can you.
New nic name for Heath is FLAPPA MOUTH. lol

John

#37 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

Just a big thanks to Rory for bringing up this topic and giving us a bit of perspective on things...

We're all smartasses, only when your younger you pick and choose who you mouth off to a little less than what you do when your older. The fact that these young guys not only own toranas but they are actually out there working on them rather than getting a wad of cash from Mummy or Daddy and "doof doofing" in a shopping trolley does deserve some kudos.

So keep at it young blokes, I'd rather a young smartass hoon in a torana ripping up my local street and slanging off on the forum than a knob in a Missinbitsinpieces Lancer anyday of the week.

#38 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

Touch'e Pete!...Everything I was hinting at! :clap:
R

#39 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

you teach them young put it in there heads my three year old boy and two
year old girl know a fair bit about toranas now (gets a bit confussed trying to tell the difference lx to lh though )not afraid to go up to a person driving a ford and tell
them that toranas are the best and fords suck and call them sh*t boxes aswell,they had a great day at the torana fest last year,so many toranas everywhere they didnt know where to look first

#40 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

you teach them young put it in there heads my three year old boy and two
year old girl know a fair bit about toranas now (gets a bit confussed trying to tell the difference lx to lh though )not afraid to go up to a person driving a ford and tell
them that toranas are the best and fords suck and call them sh*t boxes aswell,they had a great day at the torana fest last year,so many toranas everywhere they didnt know where to look first

The future.
R

#41 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

Now this topic seems to be heading back on track I thought I'd share about my young fella who is already at a tender young age of 2 shaping up to be a Torana enthusiast (hasn't even had his arm beant). He often picks the Tas Torana Owners (TTO) DVD out of the rack to be put on, spends ages staring at the TTO calender on the fridge pointing going VOOOMMM and a couple of days ago started saying Twana (hey it's a start).

Here's a couple of pics -
Posted Image
above and below aged 22 months watching the TTO DVD creates a huge grin. In above pics the blocks in his hands are used as a steering wheel. Notice how close you have to be to the screen to take in all the action :spoton:
Posted Image

and this one was taken today (not quite sure why he is brushing my new baby with a dust pan broom but I'm sure he will grow out of it by the time it's had a make over)
Posted Image

Hopefully (based on these early signs) he is one of the next, next generation of Torana preservation in the making.

#42 blown308

blown308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:33 AM

I do the same with Daniel (jnrGTR)..I was the proudest Dad the day he came to me and said that he wanted to sell his motorbikes and buy a Torana...move forward 12 months and he has his 72' GTR project in the backyard... not a day goes by when he asked "when we gunna start on my car" I keep telling him that he is only 13 and still have plenty time.... for some own reason he wants it done now !!!.. He keeps telling me he wants to take it to the shows, wants to be youngest person with a car on display......I am glad t say that I have wife and three kids under 15 who fully appreciate the Torana...even my two girls....all we can do is keep the dream alive...

#43 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

rory
did you have your car there over with all the race cars?my son and i argue all the time over whos the torana is(3 years old and has a vk groupa group 3 gave it to him for his 3rd birthday)he is allready learning how to be a panelbeater/spraypainter as well

#44 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

rory
did you have your car there over with all the race cars?my son and i argue all the time over whos the torana is(3 years old and has a vk groupa group 3 gave it to him for his 3rd birthday)he is allready learning how to be a panelbeater/spraypainter as well

Where at matey?
R

#45 _gmhgtr_

_gmhgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

concord smash repairs

:D

#46 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

sorry forgot to put in (at the torana fest)maybe you can help teachin them the difference between lh &lx

#47 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hell, im flat out working it out on some of them....Your kids are doing ok mate.

#48 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

lol I couldn't tell the difference between LC and LJ until I was 13. Good to see you teaching him the right way from the word go. Wish I was brought up that way :rolleyes:

#49 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

Haha, that just reminds me, when i was like 8 or 9 i worked out how to tell the difference between a Monaro and a Torana. Monaro's had four little slices in the guards and Torana had three little slices in the guards.

Funny thing was dad wouldent believe me, had to wait till the next car show and showed him lol.

My perspective on size wasnt so good back then...

Cheers.

#50 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

You got to go to car shows when you were 8 and 9? My family is so lame. :<_<: