#1 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

3.22 klms of track and just over 1/2 a second between 1st & 7th in qualifying :clap:

http://www.v8superca...t=400&width=800

#2 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

Love them or hate them, its good close racing.

#3 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

And remember..No results for an hour..Qld is an hour behind...let the jokes begin.. :<_<:
R

#4 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:03 PM

and the drums roll..... Only an hour behind? That would be doing well since SA is at least a few years behind everyone else......

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

AT LAST!!! :clap: ..NON QLD JOKES!! :spoton:
Thanks Red!!
R

#6 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

Really funny Red, :spit:

don't give up your day job !! :spoton:

#7 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

Sponsored by xxxx gold. :D

I'me going to have to go to Ipswich!

#8 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

No REDTAXI.

Get it right, keep up with the times.

We (SA) are a back water full of whingers :cry: that store the murdered :gun: in a SAFE place.

But at least our kids have a hope to own their own home.

:spoton:

#9 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

How about that crash that took out 3 Fords. now if Cam McConville can take out Whincup, Todd Kelly might get a win !

#10 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

How about that crash that took out 3 Fords. now if Cam McConville can take out Whincup, Todd Kelly might get a win !

Big day for Cam. A bit teary on the podium. :cry:

#11 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Think Tomas will be sacked and they will be bringing Bondy back after that weekend...what a disaster.
R

#12 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

You can always count on crash courtney (twinkle toes) to create some carnage and big repair jobs for crews.
Thomas Mazera has a big job on his hands as the driving standars observer. Some of the raming :rolleyes: (passing) moves left a lot to be desired.

Did they show any footage of the Porche from Murray Walkers Million Dollar Machines display hitting the wall on Friday. Happened right in front of the coprate box I was in. Huge cheer from all and plenty of comments along the lines of "don't worry it will buff out", "just go to U-Pullit and grab a spare".

#13 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

Anyone know how the fella in critical condition is doing from Saturday? Can't remember his name but he smacked the wall pretty hard.

#14 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, poor old Thomas didn't win any friends.
That drive through they gave Steve Johnson was fairly harsh.
I think they should have some system where if the team doesn't agree with the drive through, they are allowed to keep going for a few laps while the officials have another look at it, or maybe elect to run the whole race and if the officials review it after the race and still find them guilty then give them a penalty slightly larger than a drive through would be. Once you do a drive through it can't be taken back if further replays prove the officials made the wrong call.

#15 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

I think they should have some system where if the team doesn't agree with the drive through, they are allowed to keep going for a few laps while the officials have another look at it, or maybe elect to run the whole race and if the officials review it after the race and still find them guilty then give them a penalty slightly larger than a drive through would be. Once you do a drive through it can't be taken back if further replays prove the officials made the wrong call.

An appeal system sounds good, but is it practicable?

#16 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, poor old Thomas didn't win any friends.
That drive through they gave Steve Johnson was fairly harsh.

After watching today...agree with this idea...penalise me at the end if I am wrong...not in the middle.
R

#17 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

Courtney, what a joke, that guy was involved in more incidents this weekend than Paul Morris was all last year! Absolutely pathetic. I loved Murphys comment "I'm sick of that &%#wit!" Did anyone else pick up on Paul Morris dropping the "C" word when the car wouldn't restart? There were some questionable overtaking moves this weekend, but there were some more questionable moves from those being passed or attempted to be passed. Now I know why Neil Crompton passed up the job of driving standards advisor when it was offered to him.

#18 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

And Bondy decided life in Hunters Hill is easier? :huh:
R

#19 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:32 PM

Courtney may have been in a few incidents, and it would have been better off if He'd backed off, but what gives Lowndes the right to hit everyone up the arse and then expect people to make it easy for him to pass.
Remember race 3 at P.I. last year ? Garth was trying to win the championship and Lowndes was running into the back of him,
I know Lowndes has a lot of friends here, maybe due to his friendship with Brock, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say he has got too arrogant and expects people to make room for him all the time. He's always on the radio complaining about people holding him up.

#20 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:47 AM

and the drums roll..... Only an hour behind? That would be doing well since SA is at least a few years behind everyone else......

:gun: REDA9X :fool:

#21 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:17 AM

Kaz, good example of what I was saying hehehe.

As for the racing, I disagree with the comments on Lowndes. When I saw the replay of that move he pulled on Winterbottom, I thought, god man what are you doing. Then i replayed it a few times, he had Winterbottoms measure and had tried to get past a few times, Winterbottom moved over and over and over, Lowndes was already committed and on the dirty side. I think Winterbottom blocked for too long, there has to be a point where you say, this isn't happening, I need to just let this guy go. I like Frosty, I think he is one of the best drivers out there, and a genuine nice bloke, but he had to give in. Plenty of bashing and crashing and I think some is ok, but some gets a bit beyond a joke. Courtney could have backed out a little and continued to race, but he decided to through a Greg Murphy and prove a point, and 3 cars went out. Well done to Cameron and Lee, it was great to see those guys up there. I hope there is more of it this season.

#22 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:51 AM

Anyone know how the fella in critical condition is doing from Saturday? Can't remember his name but he smacked the wall pretty hard.

His name is Ashley Cooper... he is still in a critical condition. Here is a link to his website and what Michael Carscadden put up as a media statement. I know the Cooper Family, as they live not far from me, he is a fellow south coast racer and I have been following his career over the years from HQ, Commodore Cup and now V8 Supercar.

http://www.ashleycooper.com.au/

Latest Update on Ashley Cooper's Condition
Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series driver Ashley Cooper is currently on life support, after being critically injured in a racing accident at the Clipsal 500 meeting in Adelaide yesterday.
Ashley�s immediate family, including his partner, Casey, and parents Alan and Maree, are with him by his bedside at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.

The family and team would like to thank everyone involved in caring for Ashley; both at the track and at the hospital.

They would also like to thank all those people who have been praying and thinking of Ashley and the family at this time.

This is obviously a very difficult time for all those involved, and we would ask that members of the media respect the privacy of the family and do not contact them at this time.

We will advise the media of any change to this situation as it becomes known.

Michael Carscadden

Media Officer, Ashley Cooper Motorsport

m: 0401 888 719

Sunday 25th February 2008, 7:48am

Pete

Edited by LXChev366, 25 February 2008 - 08:53 AM.

#23 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

cams latest news

looks like another one gone.. RIP

Edited by boomfunk, 25 February 2008 - 02:17 PM.

#24 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

There appeared to be too many tyre failures for my liking...Just my observations..and my opinion.
R
P.S....I deleted all the other stuff I wrote...PM if you want to know.

#25 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

Yes a sad end to this tragedy.. May he RIP.

from his website...

Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series driver Ashley Cooper passed away this afternoon, at 1.00pm Adelaide time.

27 year old Cooper failed to regain consciousness, and succumbed to brain injuries after a high speed racing accident at the Clipsal 500 meeting in Adelaide on Saturday morning.

At his bedside were partner, Casey; parents Alan and Maree, and siblings Rebecca, Rachel and Aaron. Ashley and Casey�s two young children, Ella, 5, and Bailey, 3, are being cared for at home in Ulladulla with family.

Ashley�s father, Alan Cooper, has praised everybody involved in caring for Ashley since the accident; including trackside officials, Royal Adelaide Hospital staff and V8 Supercars Australia officials.

Alan also acknowledged the amazing support the family and team members have received from both the motorsport community, and the general public.

This is obviously a very difficult time for all those involved, and we would ask that members of the media respect the privacy of the family and do not contact them at this time.

Funeral details will be advised when they become available.

Michael Carscadden

Media Officer, Ashley Cooper Motorsport

m: 0401 888 719

Ashley Cooper�s Motorsport Career

Ashley commenced racing in 1998; starting in HQ Holden sedans, then moving to Saloon Cars; taking out numerous round wins and lap records.

Ashley led the 2005 Commodore Cup championship for most of the year, before finishing 4th at the final round, held at Eastern Creek. In 2006, Ashley was crowned the 2006 V8 Utes Rookie of the Year.

Ashley contested three rounds of the 2007 Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series; finishing in the top 15 at Queensland Raceway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users