571 replies to this topic

#76 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:10 AM

I'll have a talk to Bob Morris. Apparently the A9X Nationals are going to be up there and he is our patron. I just got an interesting phone call from some bloke who is having a birthday up there too lol. Should be a good meeting

Red, just out of curiosity, did you ever have anything to do with the touring cars back in the torana days or are you just an enthusiastic spectator? and now have contacts through the A9X club and such?

Edited by orangeLJ, 28 March 2008 - 08:10 AM.

#77 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

21st Sept 2008

I am out...Speed on Tweed weekend..Probably Rocket and MRNOS as well.
R

well thats a bugger last year tweed was on the second weekend. September is such a busy month. I will still be going to newcastle however.

#78 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

I am out...Speed on Tweed weekend..Probably Rocket and MRNOS as well.
R

Hey Rory

You know Speed on Tweed will always be there next year... A special dinner for the "old Fox" may not..

It would be great to see you, and the race cars down here..

cheers
Mick

#79 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:23 AM

Dinner sounds so appealing... but it might stretch the budget (and time) a little too far. :cry:

Steve

#80 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:41 AM

Budget smudget!!

If you bring a tent you can camp at our workshop (hours south of newie) (not much room at home... too many trailers and cars!)

#81 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:12 AM

I'll have a talk to Bob Morris. Apparently the A9X Nationals are going to be up there and he is our patron. I just got an interesting phone call from some bloke who is having a birthday up there too lol. Should be a good meeting

Red, just out of curiosity, did you ever have anything to do with the touring cars back in the torana days or are you just an enthusiastic spectator? and now have contacts through the A9X club and such?

I wasn't old enough to have any involvement with the teams back then, but over the years prior to and since my involvement with the A9X club I have been lucky enough to meet a few people. Some people like Bob Morris have been very willing to talk and become involved while others prefer to no longer be involved or make comment. I invited Bob to be the club patron around 10 years ago. As for Harry, whilst I have met him a few times, I was shocked to get a call from him completely out of the blue a few years ago and was invited down to his house for a chat. Last night when he called he was asking if the A9X club would be coming to his dinner. One of the nicest blokes I have met was John Goss. In 2006 I was with DR Terry at bathurst staying in a B&B when this bloke asks if I can help him with his room and it was John Goss. In the morning while having breakfast it turned out he is a huge aircrcft buff as well, so we shared a common interest.

#82 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

Budget smudget!!

If you bring a tent you can camp at our workshop (hours south of newie) (not much room at home... too many trailers and cars!)

Thanks for the offer mate, but Garry put me up last time, even waiting up till late for me to get there (11pm) and let me wash the car as well. :spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

Anyone seen him of late? Haven't seen him posting anywhere. :fool:

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 28 March 2008 - 10:33 AM.

#83 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

I wasn't old enough to have any involvement with the teams back then, but over the years prior to and since my involvement with the A9X club I have been lucky enough to meet a few people. Some people like Bob Morris have been very willing to talk and become involved while others prefer to no longer be involved or make comment. I invited Bob to be the club patron around 10 years ago. As for Harry, whilst I have met him a few times, I was shocked to get a call from him completely out of the blue a few years ago and was invited down to his house for a chat. Last night when he called he was asking if the A9X club would be coming to his dinner. One of the nicest blokes I have met was John Goss. In 2006 I was with DR Terry at bathurst staying in a B&B when this bloke asks if I can help him with his room and it was John Goss. In the morning while having breakfast it turned out he is a huge aircrcft buff as well, so we shared a common interest.

ahhh ok.

Fair enough.
I was simply curious as to how you had the contacts you had and my missus always wants to know if anyone who mentions someone from the early days, knows her pop. He kind of removed himself from the scene after he indulged a little too much into the touring cars (Alan Grice A9X) and his dealership (max aubert holden) went belly up, so its always good to find people who can encourage the bloke (her pop) to tell stories as sometimes he finds it a bit hard to relive it all.

So I know he isnt famous like some of the names, but Max Aubert will be there (we managed to con him into comming) I found some of the stories Max and his son (Partners dad) have are pretty cool.

Ohh and just so people know, Central coast comes off level 4 water restrictions this sunday, so fingers crossed that by september we arent going back to level 4, but for the next fe months atleast we can wash cars with town water again (legally)

Edited by orangeLJ, 28 March 2008 - 10:54 AM.

#84 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Maybe some white T Shirts this year so i can have one for Summer and one for Winter :spoton:

#85 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

Maybe some white T Shirts this year so i can have one for Summer and one for Winter :spoton:

How does red sound....

#86 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Red is nice! :D

#87 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:56 AM

One other thing. I hope the servo has put in an extra pump this year :spoton:

Posted Image

#88 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

I swear there was an emoticon of a smiley bowing down, which would convey my feelings very appropriately right now... I can't find it

#89 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

:bowdown:

That one?

Tim

#90 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

...yes

#91 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

One other thing. I hope the servo has put in an extra pump this year :spoton:

Posted Image

at least this year i mite set up a car wash on the saturday if needed

#92 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

I have a suggestion for the car wash to, but won't mention it as it involves bikini's :D Your hospitality last year was more than enough mate!

#93 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

Can I cruise up with you blokes in my Sandman that way I don't have to pay for accomodation. I can sleep in the back of the PV?

#94 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

No probs. Has the PV got a tow bar. I have an idea about the PV, A trailer and your Papaya SLR 5000 :D

#95 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

the motel where everyone stayed last year is now full booked for some surf carnival. i rang the motel a month ago letting them know about toranafest again and they said no rooms are booked yet. anyways i will try and find somewhere else. let me know if anyone needs some where to stay.

#96 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

If i drive the torry up... better bring the hatch hutch! LOL Ill just sleep down on the foreshore...

#97 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

I thought that was illegal Matty? :rolleyes:

I was planning on staying in a motel with the other Torana guys this year... but will have to see how we go...

One thing is certain, i won't be leaving Melbourne at 11am the day before again. :spit:

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 03 April 2008 - 09:59 PM.

#98 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:59 AM

Is there any other good safe motels around the same area as last year. I had planned on staying at the same motel again but apparently not now.
I don't know the area well enough and I need to know that the car will be safe.
Where is everyone else staying now as it would be good to have a few other people at the one motel. If anyone comes up with some good accomadation let me know.

Cheers Chris

#99 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

try looking outside newcastle. Places like the central coast are only 45 minutes away and offer an assload of motels.

And Matt, if you want to pitch a hatch hutch somewhere, bring a mattress and you can use the lock up car park at the back of our shop! :tease:

Edited by orangeLJ, 04 April 2008 - 08:10 AM.

#100 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hey Guys

with regrads to the Motel problems, if you give Graham a bit of time, I am sure that he will source something.

As for staying at the Foreshore, it is illegal and I wouldn't recommend it anyway..

cheers
Mick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users