Fosc Bathurst Pictures Of Toranas

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:47 AM

Get a room you guys !!!

Looks similar to a mates old car from Toowoomba that I drove in his wedding about 20 years ago, especially with the 12 slotters on it. How long have you had it LXChev366 ?

As far as I know it came from WA originally and then moved to ACT which is where I bought it in 02. I think it has only been in the country since about 98, but not 100% sure.... but I put the 8 x 14 12 slotters on it.
When I bought it it had the stock 6 x 14 12 slotters on it (std Mach 1 wheels).

#27 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

Regularity is where you nominate a lap time and try to repeat every lap as close as possible to that time. There are points penalties for going faster or slower than that time. Good way of having some fun on the track no matter what car you have.

#28 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Here's a couple of pics of my car from the event

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

You and Pete get a group deal on helmets and sunglasses then? :huh:
R

#30 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

haha, look out its the fashion police! :rolleyes:

Does the job, could use a tinted visor so I can loose the glasses though...

#31 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

You and Pete get a group deal on helmets and sunglasses then? :huh:
R

:D :tease:

I have a dark visor but choose to wear sunnys which are anti glare jobbies.

#32 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

I remember seeing your car on the Friday and Saturday Sam, but yup, noticed it disappeared.

I have the same tow hooks that you have for my car. How many bolting points did you secure them with? Just the one bumper one, or did you throw a second one in?

#33 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

I have the same tow hooks that you have for my car. How many bolting points did you secure them with?

1/2" reo on mine...welded in..
R

#34 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

I have a dark visor but choose to wear sunnys which are anti glare jobbies.

You trend setter , you!! :clap:
R

#35 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:09 PM

Everybody's seen yours. I have the high tensile steel ones the same as Sam's.

#36 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

I used to marshall way back when Win percy was driving for HRT!!! A long time ago now!
Would love to marshall at Bathurst, could keep you on your toes depending where you are...

Gee, the mountain looks ill (very dry)...

Thanks for some great pics... 350LH, love the smiley black out on the front spoiler...

#37 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

^ go on flag point 5.2, just out of the cutting. You get stoned, literally!!!!!

You feel the stones hitting you in the face before you can even see them. Eye protection a must.

Flag Point 5.2 is also on Playstation, to the left of the high speed right hand corner after the cutting!!!!

Edited by Yella SLuR, 15 April 2008 - 10:06 PM.

#38 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for some great pics... 350LH, love the smiley black out on the front spoiler...

haha thanks mate, something a little bit different, still looking to tidy the car up a bit more, need a straighter bar on the front, plus I'm gonna change the front outers on the simmons to bring them up to 8" (like the rear) and a zillion other things (large and small)... :)

Pat, had some hand made tow hooks on originally and was warned once by a scruit they weren't the right size, just ended up getting those from revolution and yes they are secured with one high tensile bolt through the mount bracket.

On the visor subject, just picked up an anti glare visor for my helmet off fleabay so shouldnt need the sunnies anymore. Was actually thinking of getting a local guy to do a paintjob similar to the HDT helmet colour scheme of the late 70's.

#39 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

^ yup, I have the same ones.

Since this thread is already all over the place, what paint do you need to do helmets with? I heard you need to use the right paint, otherwise it weakens the helmet. So what is the "right paint"? Where d'ya get it?

#40 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

Since this thread is already all over the place, what paint do you need to do helmets with?  I heard you need to use the right paint, otherwise it weakens the helmet.  So what is the "right paint"?  Where d'ya get it?

Yeah I heard the same, the bloke I was talking to has done a few helmets and should know... I'll see if I can find out for sure, definately dont want to do anything to compromise the strength of it :blink:

#41 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

2 types...one for fibreglass hats and one for polymer/plastic hats..Alan Puckett in Sydney used to do all the bike guys stuff for me doing the Bell helmets...dont know if it is still the same but if you use the wrong one it breaks down the base components/polymers either glass or plastic...things could have changed though...that was in the dinosaur era... :huh:
R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users