Pedders Vs Lovells

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:12 AM

Gday guys umm just wondering wat kit shld i use, the pedders kit was 1600 complete. I dont know what lovells will be but apparently they are much better to drive with. Can anyone attest to this and give me some round abouts prices?

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

Could you give more details as to what you're talking about? I wouldn't buy from Pedders unless I absolutely had to, so I have no idea about this $1600 deal.

#3 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

I have lovells springs in my car - and its so much better to drive. The front and rear is much more controlled. And they are quite stiff but still pretty comfy.

#4 _Brewster_

_Brewster_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

That $1600 oviously includes fitment? Good question Obey, I like it! :spoton:

#5 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

I have lovells springs in my car - and its so much better to drive. The front and rear is much more controlled. And they are quite stiff but still pretty comfy.

I agree, same with mine and I am very happy with Lovells.

Herne

#6 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

How much would a full suspension kit from Lovells cost?

#7 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

Agree with Chopper...Pedders are down near ProComp on the list.
R

#8 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Ok you guys tell whats so bad about pedders springs dont tell me you can notice the difference while you are driving seriously cmon and yes i have used both.

#9 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:19 PM

Have used Lovell's in all my Torana's. Very good springs. Were around $115 a pair front and rear.

#10 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

or you could use king springs

#11 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

Ok you guys tell whats so bad about pedders springs dont tell me you can notice the difference while you are driving seriously cmon and yes i have used both.

I get new springs made to my spec for $110 the pair from a place in Melbourne. Pedders want at least $160 a pair. For suspension rubbers, use Mackay if you want rubber or Noltec if you want plastic. Shocker choice is determined by wallet depth. Sway bars, do you want adjustable or not? There are a couple of brands to choose from.

#12 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

Can anyone answer my question why are lovells better then this will be good im waiting.

#13 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:20 AM

Well I would have thought CHOPPER was going to answer your question seeing he quoted your post - unless all he is trying to say is that they are too expensive ??

#14 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:40 AM

Can anyone answer my question why are lovells better then this will be good im waiting.

I was refferring to that at $1600 as a kit I would assume it would includes Pedders shocks....they make good boat anchors....
R

Edited by rorym, 27 March 2008 - 06:41 AM.

#15 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:55 AM

Glacier 73, i know this isn't pedders im comparing too, but i just put some lowered king springs in the back of mine yesterday. It now feels very soft in the rear, the rear moves around alot more in corners and braking and is alot bouncier. Its very noticeable driving along. Im guessing pedders would be a similar story.

#16 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

i,ll answer that one ... i had a set of 2 inch lowered pedder springs installed on my LJ XU1 front and rear a few years ago at a pedders shop with new shocks ,
i went lower as the standard height springs were higher than original length .
the front springs were the biggest problem with coil bound and bottoming out , eventually this bent my lower control arms which i replaced with new ones and put king springs and koni,s in while i was there , i eventually replaced the rears with kings and koni,s . the car now sits nicer and its around an inch lower than standard and definately rides and handles better .

i have bought a set of lovells and koni,s to fit into my other car i,m restoring but can,t comment on them as yet untill she,s a goer .

pedders thumbs down
kings thumbs up

#17 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

I see well thank you mate, how much did the Kings and Konis set you back. Ill need everything, bushes, swaybars, shocks, springs the lot. What do i do for them?

#18 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

Glacier 73, i know this isn't pedders im comparing too, but i just put some lowered king springs in the back of mine yesterday. It now feels very soft in the rear, the rear moves around alot more in corners and braking and is alot bouncier. Its very noticeable driving along. Im guessing pedders would be a similar story.

Maybe your shocks are not suited?

#19 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

Well I would have thought CHOPPER was going to answer your question seeing he quoted your post - unless all he is trying to say is that they are too expensive ??

My answer was designed not only to answer his question without making a possible slanderous reply, but to also answer what was to be the next obvious question "then what do you recommend?" at the same time.

#20 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

ALX76 they are brand new kyb's and it didnt happen with the lowered lovells. I have found out from kings they are 200lb - which is way too soft for my car with the 9" and drop tank and for its intended use.

#21 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

I'll put my hand up.
I can tell the difference between pedders springs/shocks and Lovells/Koni shocks.

I can tell the difference easily. The ride quality and vehicle feel through the seat of my pants and the wheel in my hand is far better with Lovells than Pedders.

I believe pedders shocks to be substandard in comparison to others in the marketplace.

Welby

#22 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

Made in China and badged Pedders...you are being kind Mark.
R

#23 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:19 PM

Ok if you all say so i did ask so where are lovells and kings springs and shocks made in oz or somewhere else does anyone know and you dont need konis on a steet car do you isnt that overkill

#24 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

OK...
I use Dobinsons Springs..made in Down town Bomber territory..Good Old Rockhampton..Thats in OZ..I sent my specs...they rolled and made them locally in 4 weeks...front and rear...cheaper than Pedders/Lovells and Kings...
I use Bilsteins on the front as they are well documented as 82911 says...and shitloads of better guys than me in the know...to be a cut above Konis...
Konis on the rear because no one can give me a Bilstein part no. for the LH. More than happy to get the part number....Well documented history on which teams over time have flicked Konis for Bilsteins...gas and all that type of stuff over oil only type shock.
As for konis on a street car...I personally think that is a MINIMUM requirement...but thats just me.
R

#25 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

Well ill be i did'nt know you could get springs made here as for bilsteins i know a mate of mine swears by them on his xy gt thanks for the info rory cheers G. ps i know where rockhampton is rory some where up there. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users