ACT/QBN Torana Club 2009 Tour of Tasmania

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

For all those interested the ACT/QBN Torana Club will be heading to Tassie again in 2009. Anyone can attend. The more the merrier.

Tour will go from Wednesday 25th October 2009 to Tuesday 11th November 2009.

Includes - 2 nights on Spirit of Tasmania
- 3 nights at Best Western Abel Tasman in Launceston
- 2 nights at Scamander Beach Resort
- 3 nights at Riverfront Motel in Hobart
- 4 nights at Bayside Motel in Burnie

Cost - $1435 per person based on twin share, $1290 per person based on triple share. (price includes cooked breakfast daily)

If your interested in attending and want more information please send a stamped, self addressed envelope to :

Gary Harwood
37 Macintosh St
Queanbeyan NSW 2620

Rough price breakdown is as follows : Boat trip $189 per person each way, Car $61 each way, Accomodation ranges from $120 - $150 per night twin share with breakfasts between $12-$15 per person per day.

#2 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

Sorry guys slight correction to the dates. Its actually Wednesday 28th October 2009 not Sunday as stated.

#3 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

Just a reminder for anyone that wants to attend this event to contact Gary Harwood as soon as possible. Not all that far away now.

#4 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

Herne & myself (Keith1962) are considering on attending this event.

cheers Keith

#5 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

Herne & myself (Keith1962) are considering on attending this event.

cheers Keith

Glad you read this thread Keith I was about to message it to you to make sure.
Need to see if Jeremy can make it too ;) That will keep em on their toes lol hahahaha.

You realise if I go I will be throwing away my chance at Top 60 in Summernats - assuming there is another nats, as I cant afford to do both. Oh well such is life. I gave Gary the heads up last Sunday at the Nats club day that I was looking to see if I could now make the trip.

Cheers
Alan

#6 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:22 AM

So Herne what do you need to make it in the top 60???????

cheers Keith

#7 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

for further reading of my chat above please see Tangerine Dream thread.
This could easily become a thread steal which I do not desire. :)

Cheers
Herne

#8 _Poggy_

_Poggy_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Here is some more info on this trip taken from from the STC website.

Sydney Torana Club - Special Events
12 DAY TASMANIA TOUR 2009.

Wednesday 28th October 2009 to Tuesday 11th November 2009

It's early days of organisation as yet, but the trip is ON! Those who have been before will vouch that this will again be a well organised and run trip away.

INCLUDED
Travel on the Spirit of Tasmania (both ways)
3 nights at the Best Western Abel Tasman in Launceston
2 nights at the Scamander Beach Resort
3 nights at the RiverfrontMotel Hobart
4 nights at the Bayside Motel Burnie

PRICING:
$1470.00 per person based on twin share or
$1290.00 per person based on triple share
Price includes a cooked breakfast daily

INTERESTED?

Please send a stamped self addressed envelope to:

Gary Harwood
37 McIntosh Street
Queanbeyan NSW 2620

or contact Gary direct:
02 6297 5699

#9 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

Looks like I again cant make the Tassie trip later this year.

Due to my hip problems I cannot drive for more than 3 hrs max and seeing as I will have no co driver I would not even make it to Melbourne, let alone driving around for almost 2 weeks and then facing the drive home.
I would not consider going if I couldn't take my car.

Sorry guys.

Herne

#10 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hold on things might have changed :)

My good buddy (fighting/slanging mate) Keith has come up with a simple solution that we stay overnight each way at Albury, thus breaking the distance driven up and making it manageable for me.
This means we would meet up with the main party in Melbourne and that's not a problem.

Keith will know for certain if he can make the trip sometime next month which is not too late.

Fingers crossed.

Alan

#11 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Well its all happening, I went into Queanbeyan today to Potters Travel and paid a decent deposit for the Tassie trip.
Nice lady there by the name of Karen, very helpful.

Cheers
Herne

#12 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

I guess by now if you are thinking of going you would have contacted Gary Harwood if not it's now time to do so.
Potter Travel in Qbyn are taking bookings and installments now!
Fares should be fully paid up by July 25.

Cheers
Herne

#13 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

I will not know for sure until early next month mate

cheers Keith

#14 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

I will not know for sure until early next month mate

cheers Keith

Fingers crossed for you then Keith, hope the bonuses come through lol

Cheers
Herne

#15 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

Glad to hear you will be making the trip Keith, we will have a good time thats for sure :)

Alan

#16 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

Hi Guys

A message from Gary Harwood, Tour organiser/leader.

There is approx 3 months left for interested parties to contact Gary and Potter Travel in Queanbeyan and start paying in for the Tassie trip.
The close-off day is the 25th July so you have plenty of time to make your arrangements.

http://www.pottertravel.com.au/

The numbers are looking great. So far Gary has 33 people on his list and I know of a couple more yet to put their names in but have shown interest.

A meeting is being arranged in Yass for somewhere near the end of June. You will all be informed of this later.

Gary has just about completed his draft and it will be produced in book form later in the year. This trip is going to be something special so get in if you can :)

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 21 April 2009 - 11:39 AM.

#17 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

I am in for sure Herne...... Yahooooooooooo
The White Night is coming

cheers Keith

#18 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

Good one Keith, when i am next at Potter Travel I will add your name to the official list :)
Any word on your nephew yet? if not I might have a passenger for you if he doesn't take his own car.. Danny my sponsor :)

Cheers
Herne

#19 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

G'day All

I am sure that Gary wouldn't mind me putting in this little note re Tassie Tour

There will be a meeting 12 noon on Sunday June 14 at the Australian Hotel in Yass for all those interested in going.

Gary has worked his bum off organising this tour and has a great itinerary worked out but if you have any special place of interest you would like to see then either ring Gary or bring along that information on the day.

Regards .................. Barry

#20 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

Hi guys,

Keith1962 and I are looking for a third person to accompany us on the coming Tassie trip.
Unfortunately the third member of our group has had pull out on us leaving us with a spare bed. Its a little cheaper for 3 to share than it is for a double :) ie 3 separate beds per room lol

As far as I know we both have a spare front seat available for anyone who chooses not to take their car. I certainly have a vacant front seat and I am pretty sure Keith does too.

For anyone thinking about the trip this would be a good way to do it at a much cheaper cost.

We need to know very soon and the basic cost of $1290 per person / 3 share has to be paid up by 25th July

Contact either myself or Keith1962 if you are at all interested.

Cheers
Herne

#21 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

The meeting in Yass today was a great success, about 12 people showed up for lunch and a chat.
The line-up of Torana's turned some heads as the locals paraded by.

Some of the items discussed were: Fuel stops on the way down.

First stop for petrol and lunch is Holbrook at 11:00am, those traveling from Sydney can meet us there if they wish.
The second stop is at the new twin BP's at Wallen just out of Melbourne, from there we head directly for the Spirit of Tasmania for boarding.

Spare parts.

We will try and coordinate who carries what parts so as we all have something a little different eg
Keith1962 will be bringing electrical gear such as bulbs, fuses, wire, soldering iron etc etc More on this later.

We browsed over the draft itinerary which was approx 60 pages which will now go off to the printers.
These booklets will be handed out in early September. Free time has been scheduled in as well I think its 3 days. The tour is planned so we all have options on any given day as to what we see and do, and believe me there are plenty of choices to be made for those who wish to deviate from any particular venue.

Tour shirts (white) can be ordered and I think the cost is $27.00 each which includes a map and your name printed on it.
Contact Gary with your size and number required.

We expect to complete something in the order of 4,500 Kms, no one knows what the petrol prices will be then but on the last tour the petrol was cheaper in Tasmania than on the mainland, lets hope this is the same for us :)

A good time was had by all.

Cheers
Herne

#22 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

BTW Guys only 19 weeks to go until we depart.

Edited by Herne, 15 June 2009 - 10:07 AM.

#23 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

Good news on the T-shirts as mentioned above. They are now reduced to $22.00 each - this is the final cost.
Gary is taking orders now so please phone him asap with your size and number required.

Gary's phone number: (02) 6297 5699

The T-shirts are white in colour with black printing.
Large map of Tasmania on the back, Tassie Tour 2009, front has small map and your name. sleeves have something too.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 16 June 2009 - 03:54 PM.

#24 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

Good news on the T-shirts as mentioned above.
Large map of Tassy on the back, Cheers
Herne

Pics? :huh:

#25 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

Pics? :huh:

Good point Rob :) I am pretty sure Gary has a sample shirt, I will pop over and see. I will get some pics of it if I can in the next few days :)

I am sure you know what map of Tasmania looks like though ;)

Cheers
Alan

Edited by Herne, 16 June 2009 - 06:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users