fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

No worries Col hopefully we can have a beer tomorrow night dont know which caravan park i will be in yet i will give you a ring tomorrow arvo
Garth

#52 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

Sorry m8, i should have pre-warned you.
Up here, the beer gets hot really quick, so we drink faster!
It's a climate thing! LOL

#53 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

fatslr has made it to Rocky...Just got up from a bit of a bevy fest that included the last part of top gear aus, some bogan show on SBS as well as random talking Toranas and motorbikes.
Def a good night, hope to catch up again some time in the future Garth.

Cheers.

#54 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

Hey crew just spent 20 minutes writeing a bis speel and this poxy caravan park internet kiosk dropped out on me F$#k all i can say is thanks heaps to Cool and Groovy and RacyRabbit and Bomber Watson for the hospitality your welcome in my house anytime.
In Bundaberg today and just had dinner at the local rissole and drunk Bundy on tap brought back some memories of a mispent youth will be heading to Hervey bay on Thursday then Noosa after that and going to base myself in Maroochydor for a couple of months and do some work flyin and out of Maroochydore 8 days on 6 off so i will be keen to catch up with whoever i can while i am around my number is 0407986829 if anyone is on my route i dont know when next i will be online.

Garth

#55 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

Some shots for Bomber i tryed to load on befor and it wouldnt let me not Torana but it is mine

#56 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:04 AM

Garth, if you are still around Maroochydore at christmas time we might catch up yet, the family and i are heading down to Landsborough the week before to stay with my parents then we are all heading off on our christmas cruise for 10 days.

Mort

#58 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

No worries Mort i will be in Maroochydore until 20 th December then Kirra caravan park on the goldcast until January 31 at this stage i did a phone interview today for job and it is all go.
Didn't mention yesterday that RacyRabbit's yellow SLR5000 which is for sale at present is definately one of the better unmolested examples that i have seen and anyone looking for that sort of car would have to look pretty hard to find another like his. :spoton:
Went for a drive this arvo and spotted a veru nice looking Papaya LX SS hatch in Bundaberg with dragway Indies took some photos but now this poxy caravan park internet kiosk wifi setup wont let me load onto photobucket but i might keep trying to get iton

Garth

#59 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the kind words on torana Garth ,hopefully i can get down to sunshine coast in near future , i havent been down for a while now , TREX

#60 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

G'day crew
just thought i would report in been offline for a week or so now we copped a heap of rain at Rainbow beach over the last 4 days and found out we had some friends from home holidaying on the goldcoast so we have by-passed the Sunshine coast for now and drove through to the Goldy today which looks like being home for the next 3 months.
Spewing i didnt get to catch AGGRO on the way through but i am sure we will hook up at some stage we are staying at the Kirra caravan park which is handy as it is only a couple minute drive to the airport and a couple of minutes from the surf which is another passion of mine .
So anyway if anyone is around these parts it would be great to catch up :spoton:

Garth

#61 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Got free wireless for 2 hours a day here at Kirra and it seems i can upload photos the first is CoolandGroovy's cousin's car that should be registered about now he took me for a quick blat very nice tight car running a 308 T5 and 9". He is running pursuit rims on the front because his hopperstopper brake upgrade and rims supplyed from Dragway arent a good look ie tyres sitting proud of guards

Posted Image

the next is a hatch i spotted in Bundaberg on a rainy afternoon i almost cryed seeing it left out in the weather it was a very nice looking car in the flesh

Posted Image

#62 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

There is a nice LJ in Bundy i spotted as well

Bike looks awesome man. You should fly me over when its finished so i can teach you to ride it :P

Cheers.

#63 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:40 AM

The linamint hatch has a T56, not a T-5.

When do you start work Garth?

#64 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:13 AM

Hey Bomber respect your elders you cheeky little boy :tease:
CoolandGroovy i fly out to Kracow minesite next Wednesday cant wait :cry: at least i will get some time out from the girls and my bank account might stop copying the global economy

Garth

#65 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

^ LOL What's your roster m8?

The little white car is up on stands.
I'me going through the brakes. Got a new master cyl in the last order.
1 step closer to rwc.

#66 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hey Col my roster is 8 days on 6 off 7 nights on 7 nights off so plenty of time to catch up with crew around the goldy Brisbane area keen to go out to Willowbank and check some cars out even if it is only for Test and Tune day.
Spewing the Indy cars is on next week and i will be working the buildup here on the Goldy is like nothing i have seen.

For those who dont know about Col's "little white car" i still can't picture him in it there is no doubt that the engineering in it is way more advanced than an L34 and would flog any torrie around a race track it is not my cup of tea

Posted Image

#67 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

Aw shucks! Isn't that pretty!

My midlife crisis car. LOL

I sold the calais last weekend. My yard is looking bare!

#68 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

Garth, feel free to come on up whenever you have some time off. I can show you the local scene and knock back a few beverages.

You probably could have seen me when you were goin through i've been cruising it enough lately haha

#69 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

Cheers AGRO
Have started work at CRACOW minesite about 350 ks west of Bomber Watson and i reckon i can still smell him those damned Esterlies
It was a big shock to the system working again my first job was to rebuild first and third clutchpacks on a Toro 50+ truck transmission without removing the Tranny those who know will know how much fun i had.
Anyway got back to Coolongatta where i am based for now and spotted a seriously stock LH 4.2 Litre at Rainbow beach in extremely good nick
Posted Image

Posted Image

The only giveaway was the TORANA numberplate in back window i am sure the owner is just proud of his car .
Went up to the sunshine coast for the weekend and spotted a tough LJ yesterday arvo in Moolooooollloooba {i think thats how they spell it} dark blue with an offset prostock scoop?.
Anyway 1 more day off then back to the crack for another week thinking about going to Willowbank Thursday week for test'n'tune anyone going?

Garth

#70 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:44 PM

Do i smell that bad???

Edited by Bomber Watson, 03 November 2008 - 09:44 PM.

#71 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:49 AM

You must do :P i dont think many ppl on here will be goin to the test n tune. Thurs nite is normally the nite people go cruising.

#72 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:41 AM

You absolutely reek :tease: Bomber
Got the day wrong for test'n'tune it is actually Wednesday night just trying to work out if i can still go as i dont know how long it will take to get from Coolongatta to Willowbank ? as i fly back in from work at 5pm

#73 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

If your down my way before New year, you can have one of the best Street Machine experinces, Summernats

#74 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:32 PM

Summernats would be awsome and dont worry it is on the list of "must do" while i am alive but it wont be this year due to work at Cracow but will be in Canberra around May i think and hopefully catch up .
Went down to Byron Bay for the weekend didnt see anything special but on the way back to the goldy spotted this with fake twin 2" pipes out the back as i came up along side it i was like those pipes are FAT awsome

Posted Image

Got back and copped hell rain this arvo i spotted this LH around the corner from my caravan park the other day it made me cringe seeing it get absolutely pissed on with rain the owner must hate it just as much but i dont think the cover is enough :cry:

Posted Image

#75 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

Hey
crew
Haven't updated thread for a while due to fact i have just been working and doing a little bit of surfing no torrie related activities .
Anyway went to Brisbane this weekend for a butchers hook and went and saw AGGRO [Rohan] on Saturday arvo he took me for a 'quick' spin out to Lakeside and demonstrated the benefits of his Hopper Stopper brake upgrade .I was impressed Black is a very tough looking colour on any car and AGGRO is no different thanks again for the ride Rohan.
Went to the Biante model shop this morning in Brisbane [see thread in QLD section] to put some faces to names off the forumand met a few members which was great a good turn out of muscle cars would have loved to stay longer and chatted more but my wife and kids don't quite share the same passion as me/us.
I have got till January 31 at Kirra caravan park and then will start heading South down the East coast so i dont know who is next in line for me to call upon but i look forward to catching up with anyone i can on my travels .
Here is a photo from today
Posted Image

Fu#@ i miss my cars after days like this :cry:

Garth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users