fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

hey coolngroovy that is a great offer hopeing to be up yourway about December January look forward to sharing a cold one with you .
Havent beento Bali Hai yet or any pubs as it is a bit hard with missus and 2 kids to get out and about after dark but have been down to Cable beach for the sunsets and seen some tough fourbies witth big lift kits and huge rubber but the biggest headturner was

Posted Image

looked sick watching him come flying into the beach and just cruise out past every one .
As they say He won.
Anyway havent seen any torries in town yet but there is plenty of evidence of tough cars ie long swooping LSD skid marks aplenty "BLOODY HOONS" lol
Garth

#27 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

Hey crew
Left Broome 4 days ago didnt see any torries but went to the speedway last Saturday night which was pretty entertaining.
Rolled into Kununurra today after some serious time behind the wheel the last few days beautiful countryside up here anyway we were trying to find the Mirima national park which is just outside of town this arvo and found this LJ in the industrial area.
That is the national park in the background in first shot

Posted Image

Posted Image

The yard was locked up so dont know anything at all about the car except that the pictures are very forgiving he also had an XY sedan and holden one tonner in the yard as well as something covered top to toe by tarps ?
Wondering where the next spot is with some forum members we are heading to Darwin late next week {i need a torrie fix } :cry:

#28 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

G'day crew,
Finally made it to Darwin to find out that the things with wings [sprintcars] are raceing this weekend and the Commodore cup and HQ raceing on Sunday at Hidden Valley with an entry fee of only $5 and it is BYO cant wait should be a great father's day.
I have spotted a silver LC GTR at a suspension shop on the way into town yesterday but didnt really get a good look at it anyone in Darwin going to Hidden Valley on Sunday ?

#29 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

speedway is the best value motorsport when you get away from the major ones.

I remember going to tawoomba speedway for the aus V8 dirt modified titles when i was younger. Great racing and like 5 bucks to get in.

You go to Parra speedway (and we do that nearly every saturday night in the summer season, pit crew) and it costs like 30 bucks a head, plus food is freaking expensive.

#30 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hey crew
The sprintcars were awsome in Darwin and the V8s were good on the Sunday but i have to say hats off to the drift carson the Sunday.
As much as i dont have a soft spot for riceburners the Nissan GTRs and Silvias that were there were awsome .There was guy there with a VL Turbo 6 but it just wasnt in the same grade.
Anyway did Kakadu and saw some big crocs and great rock art but F#@k it was hot i know not many people want to hear me complain about being hot but it was like 38 degrees at 5pm .
Been driving flatout the last three days and am now in Townsville and will be heading up to Cairns in the next week and hoping to catch up with Pete [HSV GTS] and checking out 3rd gear.
I dont know who else is up this way but it would be great to catch up with forum members while i am travelling around.

Garth :spoton:

#31 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

Getting closer to my part of the world :P

Gettin warm over here to...

#32 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:58 PM

sounds like your having fun, keep us updated

#33 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Grant if your down Mackay way around 4 Oct (i think that the right date) there is a car show in Mackay and one in moranbah on the 25th and 26th Oct, Hope some Mackay guys are going and coming, would be good to meet some of you. :rockon:

Mort

#34 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

Run out of time to edit :banghead: , correction on date 28th Sept for the Mackay one.

Mort

#35 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:13 AM

Made it to Mission beach just south of Cairns.Staying here for a week then up to Cairns for a week so i wont be able to make the carshow at Mackay but as i find myself saying more and more "you cant see everything"
Have spoken to Pete and hoping to catch up for a beer next week.
We will be heading south then so hopefully catch up with Mort and Bomber on the way down.
I have stopped useing my wireless laptop after getting a bill from Telstra for $190 for a month in which i was only in range for 20 days.Old mate driving his Kombi down the road advert is really annoying the s$#t out of me at the mo.
I am sidelined to the mercy of internet kiosks at caravan parks which make me feel like i am on a time trial every time i log on gotto gotime isup

#36 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:42 AM

Sounds like a great trip so far Garth! Looking forward to catchin up with you for a drink when you get to brisbane.

#37 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

Lookin forward to it Aggro
I dont know how many people have got the latest street machine but the CD in it is a symphony of cylinders my wife absolutely hates it but i thoroughly enjoyed sitting in my 80 series cruiser last night with a few cold beers stereo cranking.
Had one daughter steering and the other one doing the gear shifts .
Believe me it is the closest i have been to driving one of my toys for a long time .I now have a shed .It really is quite an awsome soundtrack that only certain people can really appreciate and i am one.
Any way went for a walk into a rainforest with missus and tinlids this morning and fully got chased out by a big Cassary scared the S$#T out of all of us they are a mean looking bird.
might go back and crank up the CD again it is definately music to my ears. :rockon:

#38 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:27 AM

That CD isn't bad. I love the Victor Bray Chev track (track 2, I think?)

We were chased by a cassowary when we were in Queensland... Big ugly mongrel of a thing!

Tim

#39 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:25 PM

Are they too big to give a slap over the head?

#40 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:00 PM

people have been killed by those buggers in the past, steer clear of the fiesty bastards.

#41 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

Cassowary coast my ass!

The mrs won a trip for a week to mission beach. Home of the ellusive cassowary.

We never saw a single 1!
Apparently they are dangerous, but also very tasty!

About 5k's heading back to town there is a tavern. The food is reasonably priced.
Much more so than the beach.

#42 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

Dont worry the Cassowary's are still there i have a photo of him just before he chased us but due to costs i can not publish as the "FREE" wireless internet at caranvan park is restricted to 50MB.
Anyway made it to Cairns this week and was welcomed with open arms by Pete [HSV GTS] went and checked out the Kuranda railway which is a marvel in its own right hard to phathom without seeing there was no such word as CAN'T when this rail line was built.
Checked out the Daintree rain forest and cruised the Daintree river had dinner on the Esplanade but the highlight without a doubt was going for a "hotlap" in Pete's A9X today.
My daughter's and wife loved Tracey's XU1 and i am still trying to take in and appreciate everything that is Torana that Pete and Tracey have collected over the years it is something that i doubt i will experience again .
His airpump had me completely bamboozled :tease:
Thanks again Peter and Tracey for an experience that will not be forgotten .
Will be leaving Cairns on Monday heading back through Townsville then Mackay and further south and am looking forward to meeting some more members from the forum the next that i know of is "bomber watson" and "mort" if you are up this way let me know i would love to catch up .

Garth

#43 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

Made it to Airlie beach yesterday from Cairns huge day on the road .I was here 6 years ago for a wedding F$#k it has changed all it needs is a few 2strokees,beaping horns "that smell",and you would swear you on were the main street of Kuta .
Mind you i cant believe how many hotlooking backpackers are here insane .
On the car front i have seen a pretty tough XB ford coupe and a very cleann HQ "sleeper" sounds like a chev but no Torries as yet
Hoping to goto the Peter Champion Brock experience which is near Mackay when we leave here

have got onto a better/cheaper internet cafe here in kuta this is the bastard Cassawary

Posted Image

this is a very excited me with Pete [HSVGTS] i am the goodlooking one :tease:

Posted Image

#44 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

Champions exibit is east of Rockhampton m8!
Yeppoon.
When you in Mackay?
Cheers, col.

#45 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

Should be in Mackay by the end of the week if you PM me your number i can give you a ring when i get there .I am against all gutfeelings teeing up a job fly in fly out from Maroochydore and might have to do a bit of a bolt down the coast depending on if i get it or not
Garth

#46 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Hey man, PM sent.

Yes the Brock Meuseum is a few kays east of Rockvegas. I wouldent mind going for a look again, pending on whats happening so get onto me when your in mackay and we'll sort something out. Bookings are essential though, this i can arrange.

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 30 September 2008 - 05:36 PM.

#47 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

fatslr... Tiny and i had the pleasure of meeting Pete and Tracey only a few weeks ago ourselves...it was awesome to see the shed etc...we had dinner with them a couple of nights and was great to have a chat...

Kuranda is awesome...did you come back on the skyrail?

We went up to cape tribulation and did the daintree river train...saw a few crocs to

#48 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

Should be in Mackay by the end of the week if you PM me your number i can give you a ring when i get there .I am against all gutfeelings teeing up a job fly in fly out from Maroochydore and might have to do a bit of a bolt down the coast depending on if i get it or not
Garth

Hi Garth.
I start work tomorrow for 5 days (2 days and 3 nights actually) so i will miss your visit to Mackay, if you are still around the Rebels bike club are having a car and bike show at their clubhouse on the 4th (i think, i check the flyer again tomorrow) so there maybe some Toranas floating around out there. Would love to get to Peter Champions Museum myself sometime but will have to settle for his visit to the Moranbah car show at end of the month for now, he's bringing the new generation HDT Commodore up for it and hopefully some other cars as well.

Mort

#49 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hey Simmo went train both ways to Kuranda we went the tight arse Tuesday option it did look pretty awsome on the Skyrail but as i keep saying to myself you cant see/do everything
Spewing Mort would have been keen for a chat will definately be in Mackay on Friday is the Rebels clubhouse hard to find .
The one in Charters Towers is hard to miss?
Havent heard back from coolngroovy i did PM him but i see there is a thread about PMs not working but it would be great to catch up with him.
Should be catching up with Bomber Watson next week when we get to Rockhampton still havent heard back about job

Garth

#50 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

G'day Garth,
PMs not working.
My mobile is 0432389548.
I don't mind giving it out, got nothing to hide. LOL
I wont finish work til 4 though. Being a boilermaker, i cant hear my phone ring at work.
I can sms thought, just dont tell my boss! LOL
Cheers, col.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users