Dash Original..WTF!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:44 PM

I sent an LC control panel, LC GTR metal door trim plates plus ordered roof lining and a set of LJ XU1 trims about 8-9 weeks ago.

The roof lining was to be ready in 3 weeks of placing order, its ready now 8 weeks later, asked them to hold off sending stuff seperately and buddle up everything together

...so how long will that be....

MARCH 2009 !!!!!

Has anyone actually recieved stuff off them in a reasonable time frame?

#2 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hi gtr161s,

I see nothing has changed. I waited over 6 months to receive my dash. :ZZZ: And it still needed to be sent back for repairs/corrections!

#3 dpz

dpz

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hi Guys...

I dropped off my gear the other day. At least 4 - 6 month wait. In my case I am not fussed as the bodywork is yet to be completed.

I can sense and understand your frustrations however. Annoying at the final stages on build.

Dellas

#4 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Yep

Ziggy is not one for doing things in a hurry. I waited some 8 months for my dash, etc to be done. :blink:

I must say though, I am very happy with the work.

cheers
Mick

#5 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

my LC GTR seats and trim took 4 months but well worth it, I went out the back into the work area a couple of times and chatted with 2 of the workers and looked at the setup and methods, they are very fussy but as per normal they have trouble with idiots and unreal requests

#6 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

Yeah mate same here 6 months for a dash reskin :huh:

Lucky i was in no rush :ZZZ:

#7 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:15 AM

theres more than one dash place out there

#8 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:07 AM

^^ why wait so long?? surely others can do just as good a job and in a reasonable time frame.... its not rocket science !

#9 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:55 AM

If they would have been up front with the time frame I would'nt complain.

Don't jinx me with stuff ups, I'd be spewin' if there was a problem after 6 months

Enquired with a couple of trimmers earlier on but they were using the silver rope type part as replacement for chrome beading and the other trimmer didnt win any praises from people i spoke to.

#10 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

picked up 3 sets of xu1 door trims 5 dash pads, took from october, 07 to march 08, not bad
good workmanship.

cheers john

#11 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

theres more than one dash place out there

Care to elaborate! :D I'll be looking for a place for a dash restoration soon.

#12 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Just like paint jobs, 4 weeks becomes 9 months. :)

I dropped into Dash Original last friday to kill some time . I meet Ziggy for the first time and he seams to be a nice enough bloke.

$1,400 ish to re-paint/re-stencil a SS Dash, I think I will be saving for sometime to afford it.

Dash = instrument facia, glove box lid and lower section.

They are swamped basically due to the quality of work and well heeled clients, they can just about ask any price they want.

$1,400 is nothing if you can afford a $100,000 - $200,000 Torana.

Fortunately I bought my car 20yrs ago when they were cheap!

#13 LX 0076

LX 0076

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

I would like to see a ss dash that has been restored by dash original. Will anybody have theirs at T Fest for me to see?
Regards Jayson

#14 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

Jayson

have a look here

http://www.gmh-toran.......25&start=25

cheers
Mick

#15 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

FMD $1400!! Thats a lot to pay considering hes done the glovebox lid wrong and they don't do the chrome edging

#16 LX 0076

LX 0076

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:59 AM

Jayson

have a look here

http://www.gmh-toran.......25&start=25

cheers
Mick

Thanks Mick, looks good but id still like to see his work in the flesh any offers.
Jayson.

#17 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:46 AM

My biggest fear is that, in good faith, I've sent my gtr trim backing plates and lower control panel....whats to say that parts go missing or are substituted for someone else until they can be resourced ??

#18 _booral1_

_booral1_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

My biggest fear is that, in good faith, I've sent my gtr trim backing plates and lower control panel....whats to say that parts go missing or are substituted for someone else until they can be resourced ??

Funny you should say that I sent my lj dash pad, under dash and fasia down there under inspresion that they were going to be done in 3 weeks.waited a week and rang to make sure they got there in which they confirmed.then waited another 3 weeks and rang again to be told that they hadn't recieved my package.It took another week and several phone calls daily to find them.Then was told they would put a job card in the next week,so I wait another 3 weeks and rang to be told again they didn't have any LJ stuff down there at that stage,this was where my blood started to boil but kept cool.So again after some more daily phone calls they had located them again and said because of so many mix ups they will put a job card in (again) and start it straight away. that was 2 weeks ago and they were due to be finished yesterday so come Monday it will be the moment of truth.
cheers

#19 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

FMD $1400!! Thats a lot to pay considering hes done the glovebox lid wrong and they don't do the chrome edging

That's a bit of a jump in price. I paid $800 3 years ago for a full dash restoration (including all dash knobs, dash pad, etc)

#20 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

Funny you should say that I sent my lj dash pad, under dash and fasia down there under inspresion that they were going to be done in 3 weeks.waited a week and rang to make sure they got there in which they confirmed.then waited another 3 weeks and rang again to be told that they hadn't recieved my package.It took another week and several phone calls daily to find them.Then was told they would put a job card in the next week,so I wait another 3 weeks and rang to be told again they didn't have any LJ stuff down there at that stage,this was where my blood started to boil but kept cool.So again after some more daily phone calls they had located them again and said because of so many mix ups they will put a job card in (again) and start it straight away. that was 2 weeks ago and they were due to be finished yesterday so come Monday it will be the moment of truth.
cheers

Be prepared for heartache come Monday!

#21 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

I sent my parts down registered post plus paid the extra $1 for a signed return reciept card.

So i know they have the parts but what happens after that......

Very hard to get a reply call or answer on the spot for anything

#22 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Mick, looks good but id still like to see his work in the flesh any offers.
Jayson.

Sorry Jayson

I am a liitle busy at Toranafest :blink:

Hopefully, next year the htch will be back, so you can see it then...

cheers
Mick

#23 LX 0076

LX 0076

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

Sorry Jayson

I am a liitle busy at Toranafest :blink:

Hopefully, next year the htch will be back, so you can see it then...

cheers
Mick

No worries Mick. I was hinting toward other forum members as id suspect you would be rather occupied this time of year!
Anybody able to help?
Jayson

#24 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

Just an update to my trims at dash original

Got an email back to say they have my parts :clap: and will get back to me on the completion date

#25 _ronaldoredsox_

_ronaldoredsox_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

I have been waiting on Dash Original for 4 months for door trims for a LJ XU1 they said would be ready in 3 months. No calls. Nothing. I have rung them and they are currently being made. Stay tuned. Why do I not believe them. R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users