72 replies to this topic

#51 MrTorana98

MrTorana98

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Does any one know how many cars were actually built in 9th month 69 and how collectable are they.

#52 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

Does any one know how many cars were actually built in 9th month 69 and how collectable are they.

Bazza would be the man to ask.Couldn't be that many.I guess there were bugger all GTR's.Count them on two hands perhaps...? Any '69 Torana is worth having in the garage in my opinion......

#53 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

Bazza would be the man to ask.Couldn't be that many.I guess there were bugger all GTR's.Count them on two hands perhaps...? Any '69 Torana is worth having in the garage in my opinion......

Including a Hb? :)

#54 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

Including a Hb? :)

You bet...... :D

#55 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,291 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Hi

I wouldn't have thought that there would have been many 9th month completed GTRs but:

Bris.....27
Syd.....63
Adel....29
Melb....43

Total..162

Cheers

Bazza

#56 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

Good on ya Bazza......I didnt think that there would be so many in September...! 162,Wow. There must be a few getting around still,then.

#57 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

bazza...how do you know all this stuff? i am gobsmacked by the amount of info you have regarding gtr and xu1 toranas.
are you secretly part torana? perhaps a torana transformer?

#58 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

bazza...how do you know all this stuff? i am gobsmacked by the amount of info you have regarding gtr and xu1 toranas.
are you secretly part torana? perhaps a torana transformer?

Bazza is pretty good,eh.I like the way he is prepared to share his knowlege with those who are keen to find hard to get info.......Pity there arent more like him....Now anyone got any info on dealer 999 out there....?. :D :D :D

#59 MrTorana98

MrTorana98

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

Thanks Bazza,

My Gtr is a 9th month 1969 and something interesting you all might be interested in is that the body no. on the large tag at the front of the car is a exact match for the body no. stamped on the inner passenger side guard.
I have been told that this got out of wack at the assembly plants ?

Cheers John.

#60 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

Which plant did it come from,John ?
Are you a Victorian ?
What colour is your car etc etc.....

#61 lcgtrrob

lcgtrrob

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:38 AM

mrtorana98,
my gtr was built 29-9-69 its tag numbers match its chassis numbers aswell

#62 MrTorana98

MrTorana98

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

The car was built in Brisbane.
The colour is Platnium with antique gold interior.
The car needs a complete rebuild.
Cheers John.

#63 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

WOW!..Interesting read...even more interesting is...and I can't work out why..LC, LJ owners kick the crap out of each other...??...go back and read the thread......
R

#64 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

Sounds cool .Stick some pictures up when you get a chance.Good luck with the rebuild.

#65 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

WOW!..Interesting read...even more interesting is...and I can't work out why..LC, LJ owners kick the crap out of each other...??...go back and read the thread......
R

After recent postings in other threads the same thing has crossed my mind Rory. Seems that alot of the dust ups around here revolve around the "little" Toranas and their owners. You never see UC owners coming to blows over build dates, originality or race heritage :D Unless of course a UC Torana is misidentified as a Sunbird, then the knives come out !!

I guess the GTR XU-1 boys are simply more "passionate" about there beloved model.

#66 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

R

I dont know about this thread having people getting antsy at each other...........Certainly recently there have been some clown type posts.I guess everyone is to some degree passionate about the car they drive. HB ,LC,LJ,LH,LX,A9X,SS and L34 ( even UC :D ) . Lets all try and keep it clever,eh.Enjoy and share,after all we are the lucky ones.....Torana owners.......... :clap:

#67 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:10 AM

Was recently in Australia on holiday......Hmmmmm. Took my lovely little LC GTR on a short drive to Toobrac.......Preformed as expected........Grouse! I think I need a new radiator core as it ran a bit hot . Still not bad considering it has the original radiator from pre October 69............Back home now and clicked on to the site.How many F...wits are we entertaining here? Shit I just love my car............ Cant we .........? Shit.............................

#68 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

Aldo,just wondering how the resto is comming along on 5-A ? Looking forward to seeing the completed project sometime...

#69 xu1kid

xu1kid

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Name:anthony
  • Car:lj gtr xu1

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

it prob was the first gtr coz the paint job is fu#ked up big time makes a nice car look ugly lol

#70 _RedOct74LH_

_RedOct74LH_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

to everyone who makes a complaint about with model is better or worse than the other at least we all know what we are looking at....i hate it when showing pictures of my old LH and people saying mmmm gee thats a nice Opel Ascona C.....YUK!!!!! that fuker didnt even come with a 6 let alone a V8...and they was produced after the LH and look more like the UC(I now live in Germany)

Edited by RedOct74LH, 05 September 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#71 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:44 AM

On the Chevron HDT DVD,Im sure Peter Brock says KLD.158 the Rally Cross Beast was the First GTR off the line.
Can any one Shed some light on this.

#72 _flyxu1_

_flyxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

hi there
he might be right in saying that
the car might be a bris built or a adel car ( what brocky said )
the car in the start of the tread is the first melb built gtr
thanks flyxu1

#73 _naed173s_

_naed173s_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

Fantastic read fellas, Any updates Cheers Dean

PS Hi flyxu1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users