#26 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

That's exactly the thing, there's only a handful of tiny differences...

Tim

Yep, and I reckon your right Skap. It would all be here if searched.

#27 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

you would be surpriced.

john

#28 _lx-304_

_lx-304_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:32 AM

i am bit confused,why will nobody tell him anything.what is the big deal.people are more than willing to help with the difference with other cars why not this model.surely no one could build a replica to a stage where it would be better then an original.i for one dont really care about whats different,just interested in why its not shared.if everyone did this,no one would learn anything.

dave

#29 _Mop_

_Mop_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:36 AM

John, can we get in further contact please? You have my number (i think?)

Edited by Mop, 08 January 2009 - 08:37 AM.

#30 _azureblueslr_

_azureblueslr_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

some of you guys are unbeleivable
i suggest if you want this forum to do well and grow you be nicer to new members and stop being so paranoid that everyone aqsking about differences between different cars like slr5000,s and gtr,xu1,s and the like are fishing for info to build a dodgey car
the guy asked a simple question ,if you cant or wont offer any advice then dont answer his post
mop welcome to the forum
you will find plenty of good guys here that will be more than happy to help you out

#31 _Mop_

_Mop_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

Thanks. Im really hoping that i can get in contact with BATHURST-32D as he seems a wealth/bank of information.

#32 _lx-304_

_lx-304_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

im no expert,but the only reference to the difference in shells for that shape is 73 bathurst has stiffeneing up the tunnel and braces on the inner gaurds.everythng else suggests that the shells are the same,its just the bolt on stuff that is different.have a read here

http://holden.itgo.com/gtrxu1.html
dave

#33 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

Like I said, I am sure most of the info would be on here somewhere, its amazing what you can find if you take the time to look... If i knew for sure I would help shed some light, but I dont... I think there are some differences in the boot where some clips attach, and possibly the throttle return spring under the bonnet... try searching mop...

#34 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

lets take a step back here, i offerd my help and am keen to help any member of our forum, but paranoid, i would think young mop wipped this word into shape, by hopping i wasnt a pedofile,,, thats a pritty touchy subject in my home, i have never once on this forum held myself back from what i wanted to say, but when i read the comment, i did, and i acted nicely about it,,,, f*ck MEN, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY,,,,, I KILLED A ROCKSPIDE AND DONE 3 YEARS JAIL FOR IT AND DID I LEARN MY LESSON,,,, f*ck NO I LOVED IT AND I WOULD DO IT AGAIN,, HA HA HA, THAT IS ALL TRUE AND IF NONE OF YOU DONT WANT TO TALK TO ME AGAIN, UI REALLY DONT GIVE A f*ck,

BY JOHN GONG

#35 _lx-304_

_lx-304_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

i think your response was handled rather well,and know for sure i would have reacted alot more than that.anyone who has kids knows you dont joke about something like that.it was handled rather well and i dont think anybody can say any different.it is the other evasive responses that got me thinking why not tell.i am still curious.

dave

#36 _Mop_

_Mop_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

im sorry, i didn't realise it was a touchy subject, i had no idea you had children when i said that. ment as a joke and i didnt mean to offend you. really am sorry.

is there still a chance of me comign to coffs harbour to see you, please?

can this all be wiped and started afresh?

Edited by Mop, 08 January 2009 - 06:54 PM.

#37 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,128 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

Go on john give the kid a break he seems genuine every one should get a second chance and as lx304 said whats the big deal its a car forum not NASA ffs if you need any help mop just ask. oh one more thing some of you guys need help dead set.

#38 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

he will find out all he needs to know from this forum.

PS sorry young fellar,, IM OLD SCHOOL

john

#39 _Mop_

_Mop_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

:cry:

Well, is there anyone who i can meet up with that can teach me about XU-1's and show me?

John, is that a "no" to meeting you?

#40 racean69

racean69

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Name:Rod
  • Car:LH sedan

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

:cry:

Well, is there anyone who i can meet up with that can teach me about XU-1's and show me?

John, is that a "no" to meeting you?

mate you may be innocent enough (I don't know)......but gee you got a different way of going about things!

Edited by racean69, 09 January 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#41 _rat catcher_

_rat catcher_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hi mop I would be happy to share the knowledge i have about xu1,s with you, The only thing is , im in NSW there really is not any major differences between a GTR and XU1 in the body shell. Like some people have allready said, XU1 was a GTR with some extras, Most of the bits that made the two cars different were bolted on, such as fuel tank, spoilers, brake booster, radiator,engine, front xmember had two sets of holes for better handelling, bottom wishbones strengthened and so on, but as for the shell, you either have an xu1 or you don,t the battery tray is smaller in xu1, holes in boot area for breather pipe, different hole for brake booster, GTR has holes in quarter panel where badge goes, but at the end of the day you can,t make a GTR into an XU1, its allways going to be a replica, and theres a lot of them around. you need matching tags and matching body numbers, hope this helps

#42 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,128 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Well done rat catcher at least some people will still help which is good to see.G

#43 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

Mop just out of curiousity and no I am not a "ped" - how old are you ?

I'll hazzard a guess you are not very old and I feel sorry for you coming to get some help here and all you are getting is stuffed around and acccused of wanting to rip people off.

Mate I am not far down the road from you, maybe we can catch up sometime. I am in the Dalby Cruizers Car Club, might be worth you joining, although I havent seen an LC/LJ in the club, let alone at any car shows in the area as yet and I have been a member for 4 years now. Maybe it is not an elite enough club for XU1 owners to frequent, LOL. There's a few GTR's and XU1's in Toowoomba. Have met a one owner, owner a few times and he is friendly enough to have a yarn with.

I understand your frustrations with wanting to find stuff out. It aint easy if you got no-where to go to find the info out. And then when you ask all you get is ridiculed. Unreal.

I dont know "Gong" at all except thru posts in here and what he says seems to be on the money as far as knowledge of the "little" cars goes. Pain in the behind (not meant as a pun) to have to go travel to see him tho just to find some basic knowledge out, so keep looking thru here, most of the info will come along.

Keep asking questions and more some helpful people will raise their hands to assist you eventually!!

#44 sainters

sainters

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:15 AM

its the same in my club when i joined i asked a few questions and it was like i was asking questions about a murder that took place .but after a while they started answering them and also i show them a thing or two then i got a bit of respect at the end of the day the reason people wont tell any body is because the more people know the more people will make fakes because they know all the holes and pipes and tags etc so its easier to do and done well even the so called EXPERTS cant tell

#45 _torana_umunga74_

_torana_umunga74_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:00 AM

wow u read this from the start its kinda freaky the guy wants a GENUINE so he asked wat to look for and how to restore it, nothin about swappin tags nothin bout tags at all since he wasnt sure wat they were, then he made a really common but quite off colour joke, not meaning anything of it, i dont blame Bathurst 32D at all for bein angry, but the guy is sorry and only a few ppl even tried to answer him. give the guy a break there is no way he would have said that even slightly with intent, and definately not if he knew u had kids... especially 9 of them mate u'll need more toranas wen they all get to 16. let him start again.

#46 _Mop_

_Mop_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

Thanks guys, and Rat Catcher for that info.

#47 sainters

sainters

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

bottem line xu1 shell rare as rocken horse shit /mop your better of looking for a gtr that needs restoring i havent seen a xu1 for sale on ebay or on the forum that needs restoring no one parts with them any more . thats why i have a gtr because of the cost the difference between the xu1 and gtr the overall apperance theres f all except for a boot spoiler

#48 _Mop_

_Mop_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

About how much do the GTR shells go for?

#49 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,128 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

How long is a piece of string where do you start any thing from 5k up i would think and that would be a shell.

#50 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

In simple terms if you put a bare metal gtr and xu1 shell side by side you cant tell the difference....

BUT the suptle differences like badge holes on body of lc gtr, or accelerator firewall bracket for lc gtr, or breather pipe for xu1 fuel tank...the list list goes on.

If someone can offer a birds eye view of the differences go for it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users